#21 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (CarloJ63 @ Dec 19 2008, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dec 22nd is my birthday......all I want for my birthday is a Grizzlies win over the Lakers.

Wishing you a happy birthday smile.gif Unfortunately, birthday cards are more likely wink.gif

#22 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

I know I'm just a wild and crazy guy; but, do you think the Lakers lost to Miami because they were looking ahead and wanted to save their "A" game for us Monday night huh.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

#23 NancyW

NancyW

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Interests:Sports, mainly NBA and MLB but I sometimes watch NFL, sports related travel, animals, reading murder mysteries such as James Patterson novels, and listening to music.

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

Miami beat the Lakers last night, and we beat Miami last Sunday....The Lakers were just beaten in a thriller against the Magic, and of course we beat the Magic on Opening Night. Hummmm....Let's hope our guys are really, really angry after last night's fiasco.

#24 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (NancyW @ Dec 20 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miami beat the Lakers last night, and we beat Miami last Sunday....The Lakers were just beaten in a thriller against the Magic, and of course we beat the Magic on Opening Night. Hummmm....Let's hope our guys are really, really angry after last night's fiasco.

I'm tellin' ya, Nancy; the Lakers have got Memphis on their mind. Pau came down with the strep throat due to the stress (thus lowering his immune system) of knowing Marc is going to do a "milicic" and rip Pau's jersey to shreds. Pau has been over the strep throat problem for almost a week but, he's still might "choke" when "Marc the Beast" gets on the floor with him. laugh.gif

Note: If all this sounds irrational, please take in to account that I sat through the entire game against the Bobcats. That debacle worsened my already limited cognitive skills.

#25 NancyW

NancyW

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Interests:Sports, mainly NBA and MLB but I sometimes watch NFL, sports related travel, animals, reading murder mysteries such as James Patterson novels, and listening to music.

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (jd @ Dec 20 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm tellin' ya, Nancy; the Lakers have got Memphis on their mind. Pau came down with the strep throat due to the stress (thus lowering his immune system) of knowing Marc is going to do a "milicic" and rip Pau's jersey to shreds. Pau has been over the strep throat problem for almost a week but, he's still might "choke" when "Marc the Beast" gets on the floor with him. laugh.gif

Note: If all this sounds irrational, please take in to account that I sat through the entire game against the Bobcats. That debacle worsened my already limited cognitive skills.

LOL JD, you have company with your limited cognitive skills since I sat through the entire game Friday night as well. laugh.gif

As for Pau choking, that's happened to him jus a "few" times during his career, and I hope that FEF brings back unpleasant memories of his choking episodes.

#26 RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

Uh oh!! The Lakers have lost 2 in a row...they are going to come in here smelling blood. Hopefully we can pull the miraculous upset. We usually seem to play well against them. I know if the game is close in the 4th quarter i'll be leading the BEAT LA!!! chants... GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!!

#27 J.Buckets

J.Buckets

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:20 AM

LA is going to take out their frustrations on us. I would love to see us win this, but its not happening. If Marc puts Pau on the floor once, then I'm good.

I say we lose by at least 15.

#28 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,655 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Gr @ Dec 21 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh oh!! The Lakers have lost 2 in a row...they are going to come in here smelling blood. Hopefully we can pull the miraculous upset. We usually seem to play well against them. I know if the game is close in the 4th quarter i'll be leading the BEAT LA!!! chants... GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!!

So have we. Why can't we be the ones smelling blood?

#29 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 21 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So have we. Why can't we be the ones smelling blood?

We smell it. Unfortunately it's our own. ph34r.gif

#30 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

will marc start marc over darko to play up the brother angle?

#31 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

As long as Pau and Bynum are starting, I expect Darko and Marc to start.

#32 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,696 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 21 2008, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
will marc start marc over darko to play up the brother angle?

If they're starting Bynum and Gasol he'd better start both Milicic and Gasol.

#33 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

good point....

further.....arthur shouldn't start the rest of the season....he has been under-whelming...and statistically our worst player

#34 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,696 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 21 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good point....

further.....arthur shouldn't start the rest of the season....he has been under-whelming...and statistically our worst player

I was surprised, after doing a bit of checking on NBA.com, that he is our best rebounder per 48. None of our guys rank very high, though. Kind of sad that we cannot seem to come up with any players who are tough on the glass.

#35 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (smit-tay griz @ Dec 21 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was surprised, after doing a bit of checking on NBA.com, that he is our best rebounder per 48. None of our guys rank very high, though. Kind of sad that we cannot seem to come up with any players who are tough on the glass.

true.....year after year, we can't come up with anyone that is a stud rebounder....

despite arthur being our best rebounder in terms of per 48.....advanced stats show him to be our worst player....roland rating on 82games, +/- on/off court.....and i'm guessing PER and WP48 too.....

http://www.82games.c...809/0809MEM.HTM

ironically, our best player according to 82games is hak....arthur's replacement....

#36 Vladanfor31

Vladanfor31

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 21 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
true.....year after year, we can't come up with anyone that is a stud rebounder....

despite arthur being our best rebounder in terms of per 48.....advanced stats show him to be our worst player....roland rating on 82games, +/- on/off court.....and i'm guessing PER and WP48 too.....

http://www.82games.c...809/0809MEM.HTM

ironically, our best player according to 82games is hak....arthur's replacement....

i did some deeper searching and found this:
Lowry-Mayo-Ross-Arthur-Milicic = 80% win
Conley-Mayo-Gay-Warrick-Milicic = 55% win

#37 new_skool91

new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

It will be a good show and hopefully we'll have a decent crowd despite the temps in the 20's.

#38 grizzfan8390

grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • Interests:Husband, Father, Musician

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (new_skool91 @ Dec 22 2008, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will be a good show and hopefully we'll have a decent crowd despite the temps in the 20's.

It is close to being sold out. I had some guys going and we couldn't get seats for under $20. Even then, the only thing we found in a group was for like $50 a pop. I'm not gonna go but I'll be here watching it at home.

#39 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

#40 Wells

Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:48 AM

Based upon position play, I expect to see Marc on Bynum and Darko on Pau. Darko is more mobile, and therefore a better matchup against Pau. Considering he spent most of last year practicing against Pau, he should have a good idea of how to guard him. And I'm sure Marc knows a few secrets to pass along to get under Pau's skin. Bynum is a true low post center, and Marc does a really good job defending that type of player.