SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Greg Buckner Mike Conley Hamed Haddadi Marko Jaric Darius Miles Quinton Ross Hakim Warrick
Lakers
  • Trevor Ariza Jordan Farmar Didier Ilunga-Mbenga Chris Mihm Lamar Odom Josh Powell Vladimir Radmanovic Sasha Vujacic Sun Yue

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Photos: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Game Summary/Highlights: NBA

Scoreboard: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Standings: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 SixthMan

SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | BallHype | Beale Street Beat | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | CBS | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies.com Blogs | Hakim Warrick | HoopsWorld | Memphis Commercial Appeal | Mike Conley | MVN | NBA - News | NBA - Video (New) | NBA - Video (Old) | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Memphis Edge - Chip Crain | The Memphis Edge - Ronald Tillery | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Los Angeles Lakers: BallHype | Big Lakers Fan | Bleacher Report | CBS | ClubLakers | ESPN | FanHouse | Fear The Mamba | Forum Blue And Gold | FOX | HoopsWorld | In The Refrigerator | Inside The Lakers | John Ireland | LA Ball Talk | Lakers Basket Blog | Lakers Blog (LAT) | Lakers Blog (OCR) | Lakers Time | Long Beach Press-Telegram | Los Angeles Daily News | Los Angeles Times | Luke Walton | MVN | NBA - News | NBA - Video (New) | NBA - Video (Old) | Orange Country Register | Respect Kobe | Riverside Press-Enterprise | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Lakers Nation | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

I am posting this b4 the Hornets and Bobcats games. So we should be coming n2 this game w/a win or 6 game winning streak.
Of all the games this season, this is the only one that I have doubts about. I don't know how Marc and Pau will play against each other. Who will have more to prove & clobber or will they allow the other to play like All Star games = "No Defense"

If we set the pace on first play of game, play 48 mins NBA bBall, space the floor, and don't allow 3's. We will win. That's alot todo for 48 mins against Lakers, however we have the talent, gameplan, and coaching to do it. Our ability to show Inner strength and make the extra pass will be the determing factor for us. After 2 days off and hopfully riding a 6 game winning streak, we must come prepared to show the world Who we are!

Lakers can't defend all of us, so 2 starters and 1 bench player should have a good game. Who? I dunno. Hopefully Marc will for bragging rights, but whoever it is... I hope Iavaroni keeps him in the game for 40 mins and rotate around him.

#4 SNAUZ

SNAUZ

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

This could be a very interesting game. I think that OJ and Marc will try to show what they are capable of.
...GO GRIZZ!!

#5 new_skool91

new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

I would love to see Marc outplay Pau.

I'll be there, courtside baby! laugh.gif

#6 SixthMan

SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

Pau missed the Knicks game due to strep throat, so he should be back in the line-up for this game.

#7 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:35 AM

I agree with the comment that they won't be able to defend all of us. I don't anticipate a big offensive day for our bigs, but even lacking some of the quickness off the dribble from Rudy, he should still abuse Walton in my opinion.

#8 pebogar

pebogar

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

This will be a not-to-miss game. Both, Pau and Marc, will try to do their best but thinking in their respective teams. They'll try hard, harder perhaps than usual. But the decisive player should be someone else.

#9 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,182 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

If we were to win this game I would cry. laugh.gif

I just wanna see the Griz give 'em a run for their money and if by chance the Griz come out on top, it's an added bonus.

Though I will say that I am hoping like hell to see Marc knock Pau down to the ground AT LEAST once... laugh.gif

#10 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Dec 17 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though I will say that I am hoping like hell to see Marc knock Pau down to the ground AT LEAST once... laugh.gif

We could lose by 30 and if Marc abuses Pau 3 times it will be so worth it for me. For every 10 pts we are down by, I want Pau on his back.

#11 Eli

Eli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Uncle Sweetness @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We could lose by 30 and if Marc abuses Pau 3 times it will be so worth it for me. For every 10 pts we are down by, I want Pau on his back.

I'm sure he'll spend some time on his back. I can't tell you how many times I saw Pau trip on his own while trying to play defense.

#12 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 18 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure he'll spend some time on his back. I can't tell you how many times I saw Pau trip on his own while trying to play defense.

ok, I was excluding the times that he puts himself down or flops.

#13 CarloJ63

CarloJ63

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:12 AM

Dec 22nd is my birthday......all I want for my birthday is a Grizzlies win over the Lakers.

#14 Timmy_D

Timmy_D

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, Graphic Design, Movies most sports

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:30 AM

Winning this game would be one of the greatest things ever. I actually some what like our matchups too. I think OJ and Marc our gonna give their all as usual and should have some success. And if Rudy is really gonna have Walton on him at all he has to be able to exploit that big time. The bench is where we are going to have a lot of trouble, the Lakers are just real deep. For us to stand a chance we are going to need big games from our reserves and hopefully they step up.

#15 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:41 AM

Its starting ...

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to Dark Side

wink.gif

joking

#16 BellaMonster

BellaMonster

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

Does everyone have their "Hey Kobe, How Does My Azz Taste?" signs ready? Mine features a donkey.

#17 The REF

The REF

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (BellaMonster @ Dec 19 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does everyone have their "Hey Kobe, How Does My Azz Taste?" signs ready? Mine features a donkey.

Hopefully the Grizzlies play well against the Lakers because tonight the Bobcats are asking that question because they are kicking our azz.

#18 Timmy_D

Timmy_D

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, Graphic Design, Movies most sports

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Timmy_D @ Dec 19 2008, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Winning this game would be one of the greatest things ever. I actually some what like our matchups too. I think OJ and Marc our gonna give their all as usual and should have some success. And if Rudy is really gonna have Walton on him at all he has to be able to exploit that big time. The bench is where we are going to have a lot of trouble, the Lakers are just real deep. For us to stand a chance we are going to need big games from our reserves and hopefully they step up.

Im changing my mind, we might lose by 50

#19 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

Pau haters everywhere. What did he ever do to you guys? huh.gif

#20 grizzlyalidocious

grizzlyalidocious

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

Even after the pathetic lose to the Bobcat's I think we have a shot since the Lakers defense it horrible. Its still gonna be an uphill battle all night.