147 replies to this topic

#141 J.Buckets

J.Buckets

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

I cannot believe I drove all the way downtown to watch this atrocity. That was not NBA basketball. A season ticket holder above my section was booing the team louder than anyone I've ever heard.

There is nothing in the 3 year plan about getting EMBARRASSED at home by a team you could easily beat or at least COMPETE with. They didn't even try. Heisley left courtside at the half and never came back.

I would rather lose on a buzzer beater every night. There is no excuse for what happened tonight. There was no passion or will to win at all. I can't believe NBA players get paid all that money and still get the same amount even if they sleepwalk through a game. People pay money to come see this team, but how in the world do you justify this?

Horrible.

#142 scowler

scowler

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

Somebody earlier said this was not on Ivy and in his press conference Ivy laid the blame on lack of effort but I think that is BS. He got his coaching head handed to him by Larry Brown and was not man enough to admit it. He had no scheme to get his two best (really the only two on the team) NBA caliber scorers in position to score against the Bobcat defense. Instead, we had Q Ross and Buckner open on the wing and flinging up bricks. And I'm sorry, you can't just blame the players for the crapadelic "defense" we threw at them. That is on the coaching staff also. And does anyone else think it was punitive BS to yank Mayo and deny him the likelihood of continuing his double figure scoring streak? Ivy's explanation in the post-game press conference was self-serving bulldung. I say fire his ***!!!

#143 lazyberbs

lazyberbs

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

Well, it sounds as if I did not miss a think tonight. I was all set to watch the game from my home in Mid Michigan only to find that it was blocked out in our area so we could watch it on our local channels.

Local channels do not really carry games from Memphis TN, so I don't know what was up.

But that was the last straw. I cancelled my League Pass and it sounds like I won't miss much the restof this year.

I will be depending on you guys to tell me when the Grizzlies become a contender for the playoffs. Now don't forget to tell me, ya hear?

#144 Greater Memphis Grind

Greater Memphis Grind

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (J.Buckets @ Dec 20 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot believe I drove all the way downtown to watch this atrocity. That was not NBA basketball. A season ticket holder above my section was booing the team louder than anyone I've ever heard.

There is nothing in the 3 year plan about getting EMBARRASSED at home by a team you could easily beat or at least COMPETE with. They didn't even try. Heisley left courtside at the half and never came back.

I would rather lose on a buzzer beater every night. There is no excuse for what happened tonight. There was no passion or will to win at all. I can't believe NBA players get paid all that money and still get the same amount even if they sleepwalk through a game. People pay money to come see this team, but how in the world do you justify this?

Horrible.

we must sit somewhat near each other then. that guy was crazy....but after the 20th time of charlotte driving the lane and having THREE of our players jump on the pumpfake while he passes under them to someone else for a wide open dunk. it was a little more acceptable i guess

#145 grizzlyalidocious

grizzlyalidocious

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:32 AM

I turned it off after they got out rebounded 11 to 2 in the first quarter. Its one thing to be down by almost double digit points after a quarter , but to be down by 9 rebounds in the first quarter is more telling. It shows their just not in the game since rebounding has more to do with effort and desire than a few shots just not falling.

#146 Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (scowler @ Dec 20 2008, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somebody earlier said this was not on Ivy and in his press conference Ivy laid the blame on lack of effort but I think that is BS. He got his coaching head handed to him by Larry Brown and was not man enough to admit it. He had no scheme to get his two best (really the only two on the team) NBA caliber scorers in position to score against the Bobcat defense. Instead, we had Q Ross and Buckner open on the wing and flinging up bricks. And I'm sorry, you can't just blame the players for the crapadelic "defense" we threw at them. That is on the coaching staff also. And does anyone else think it was punitive BS to yank Mayo and deny him the likelihood of continuing his double figure scoring streak? Ivy's explanation in the post-game press conference was self-serving bulldung. I say fire his ***!!!

About the only single thing that we could have looked forward to this year was OJ Mayo breaking the rookie record for double digit games to start a carear. Mayo should have played every single minute just to get those 10 points in my opinion.

Ivy makes this team worse, not better. The 3 year plan or not, when your coach is making your players worse, I don't see that is a good thing.

#147 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (scowler @ Dec 20 2008, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not going to say fire any one. I will have to agree with every thing else you said though we were shamefully out coached in this game.

#148 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Grizzed By OJ @ Dec 18 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I look into the game with my crystal ball seeing total annihilation.

And who knew you would be so right yet so wrong.