SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Greg Buckner Mike Conley Hamed Haddadi Marko Jaric Darius Miles Quinton Ross Hakim Warrick
Bobcats
  • Alexis Ajinca D.J. Augustin Shannon Brown Matt Carroll Ryan Hollins Juwan Howard Sean May Nazr Mohammed Adam Morrison Sean Singletary

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Photos: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Game Summary/Highlights: NBA

Scoreboard: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Standings: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 SixthMan

SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

PREVIOUS CHARLOTTE BOBCATS GAME THREADS
- Grizzlies vs Bobcats 10/10 (W 92-79) preseason

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | BallHype | Beale Street Beat | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | CBS | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies.com Blogs | Hakim Warrick | HoopsWorld | Memphis Commercial Appeal | Mike Conley | MVN | NBA - News | NBA - Video (New) | NBA - Video (Old) | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Memphis Edge - Chip Crain | The Memphis Edge - Ronald Tillery | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Charlotte Bobcats: BallHype | Bleacher Report | Bobcats Baseline | Bobcat Bonfire | Bobcats Den | Bobcats Planet | Bobcats.com Blog Squad | CBS | Charlotte Observer | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | HoopsWorld | MVN | NBA - News | NBA - Video (New) | NBA - Video (Old) | Queen City Hoops | Rick Bonnell | Rufus On Fire | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Charlotte Blogcat | Winston-Salem Journal | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

This may be more intersting than b4. Bobcats acquired Raja Bell, Sean Singletary and Boris Diaw from the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday in exchange for Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley. We should easily beat the Bobcats because they will be less than 5 days practicing as a team.

Since I am writing this before we play Hornets, I am feeling that we could still working on now a 5 game win streak or on the front end of starting a two 4 game winning streaks lasting until Cleveland.

The starting crew should 2 whoever is quickest and sharpest in morning practice. Raja is in for a long night.

Rudy is going to use Juwan. Darko and/or Marc will smash the boards and stack a dozen or so blocks.

We should get 100+ pts, play 48 mins of NBA bBall, and Build towards playoffs.

#4 RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:19 AM

Looking forward to us picking up our 10th win on Friday night. I'm not upset with the guys at all for the game against the Hornets. Everyone played hard, gave maximum effort and had a shot at winning the game in the end..that is all you can ask for. In order to reach my prediction before the season of 35 wins the guys would have to go 26-31 from here on out. If we continue to play as we have lately I feel that we can accomplish that. GO GRIZZ!!!!!!!!!!

#5 grizzlyalidocious

grizzlyalidocious

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:36 AM

I think I can safely call this winnable even before the marked improvement of the last week or so.

#6 SixthMan

SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:23 AM

Gerald Wallace is expected to return for this game.

#7 TennesseeDrew

TennesseeDrew

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

We need this win if we're going to keep our momentum going. I think we'll probably lose to the Lakers, so this is one we need.
If we beat the teams we're supposed to beat (OKC, Charlotte, Indiana, Minnesota) and get a couple against teams we shouldn't (Lakers, Celtics, Spurs), then I think this will be a really successful season.
Then, the next year, we'll beat everyone!

#8 a-town grzz fan

a-town grzz fan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

I'm stoked about getting back on the win train. Let's make the Bobcats the butt of all NBA jokes.

#9 SixthMan

SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

Update: Grizzlies Holiday Toy Drive
Last update: 12/15/08 - 3:21 p.m.
Fans who cannot attend tonight’s Toy Drive will be able to donate their new, unwrapped gifts on Friday, December 19, prior to the Grizzlies game against the Charlotte Bobcats. Each person who brings a new, unwrapped gift to the FedExForum box office will receive a free Terrace Level ticket voucher for that night’s game against the Bobcats.

#10 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (ShawnSr @ Dec 15 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since I am writing this before we play Hornets, I am feeling that we could still working on now a 5 game win streak or on the front end of starting a two 4 game winning streaks lasting until Cleveland.

The starting crew should 2 whoever is quickest and sharpest in morning practice. Raja is in for a long night.

Rudy is going to use Juwan. Darko and/or Marc will smash the boards and stack a dozen or so blocks.

We should get 100+ pts, play 48 mins of NBA bBall, and Build towards playoffs.

Well, we lost close game to Hornets, got 2 days off, & gonna whip Bobcats silly. We need to crush them to keep momentum for Lakers n2 more days. Can you say Fast and explosive practices and hard wieght training high reps low wieght.... get that definetion for the jersey.

#11 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

Statement game, here. If we come out and lose a close one, it's still a good sign. If we win a close one, it's an even better sign.

If we blow them out, this team may be starting to Jelly....(that better, Zack?)

#12 Trent3322

Trent3322

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

Let's go out and get this one in easily fashion. I was just wondering..I think I would have Gerald Wallace at the SF to guard Rudy and Boris at the PF.

#13 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Trent3322 @ Dec 17 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's go out and get this one in easily fashion. I was just wondering..I think I would have Gerald Wallace at the SF to guard Rudy and Boris at the PF.

I agree with your assessment on the P/F and S/F match ups. We may even see Bell on Rudy at times instead of on Mayo.

This game, as all games actually, should not be taken lightly. The Bobcats have improved their defence this year. No surprise with Larry Brown taking over as coach.

The thing is, with the acquisition of Bell, and the Signing of old man Juwan Howard while Boris Diaw will take some of the heat of Okafor on the offence. They have become even a better defencive team.

I look for this to be a tough game anyway you look at it. We will definitely need to have good coaching, with the players playing as much mistake free basketball as possible.

#14 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Go get 'em, Griz.

This is going to be a tough matchup, IMO.

Raja on Mayo. Wallace on Rudy. It's going to be tough.

Gameplan? Run them to death. Get up and down the floor. Wear Raja down and make him chase Mayo all over the place. Points in transition are going to be crucial to winning this game. We are going to have to get out on the break and get some transition points. It's going to take an efficient effort from both Lowry and Conley in this game. If we do that and Darko/Marc hold it down under the basket, we will notch win #10.

Go Grizzlies!

#15 GrizzedByBluffCity

GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

tough matchup on paper. but luckily the bobcats are playing like total garbage and diaw / bell are completely useless to them so far. well ok they did ok against Chicago... but mostly just got lucky. Augustine is a joke and we have more than enough resources to hold him under 10 points.

We should have a 20 pt lead by half

#16 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Grizzed By OJ @ Dec 18 2008, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should have a 20 pt lead by half

I don't think I will ever understand statements like this. It's not like we have a powerhouse. We are on the verge of being an up and coming team. We still haven't proven anything, and our latest winning streak could be viewed as "luck" as much as it could be anything else by the other teams in the league. When you say things like we "should have a 20 pt lead by half" then that translates as we should be disappointed if we don't blow them out. Heck, at this point I am thankful for any win and well fought loss.

Not trying to be a jerk. Seriously. I respect a lot of the posts I've seen from you. I guess I'm just looking to understand.

#17 23grizz32

23grizz32

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Grizzed By OJ @ Dec 18 2008, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Augustines is a joke

Augustine is not a joke

we have to keep him in line or u'll see him score 20+

remember what he did to d rose on tuesday night

he is ballin............

#18 GrizzedByBluffCity

GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

The game is played to win and destroy the opponent. LUCK does not give you a 4 game win streak.

I would be super pumped for a 2 point win. But I look into the game with my crystal ball seeing total annihilation.

#19 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Grizzed By OJ @ Dec 18 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The game is played to win and destroy the opponent. LUCK does not give you a 4 game win streak.

I would be super pumped for a 2 point win. But I look into the game with my crystal ball seeing total annihilation.

Maybe "luck" was not the right word. But we have FAR from proved that a 4 game winning streak is our norm. Especially with 2 being against an injury depleted Rockets team and OKC. Yes, both games we should have won. But haven't proven we will win consistently as evidenced by the first loss to OKC.

Crystal Balls are nice and all but a pain to keep clean. I usually just rely on my magic 8 ball.

#20 PassTheMayo

PassTheMayo

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

I already know everything so...