Heisley tells CA that he's 100 percent behind Iavaroni

#2 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

I tend to believe that was sincere. His quote is a corroberation of what Tillery said in his blog recently, that Heisley's not making any analysis until January.

#3 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,330 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (The Juice Factor @ Dec 13 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tend to believe that was sincere. His quote is a corroberation of what Tillery said in his blog recently, that Heisley's not making any analysis until January.

The one thing I don't like about heisley is he acts like he didn't know about these reports. I mean even if you hate the media you know about what's being said about your team.

At any rate, the grizzlies are looking more and more like they are going to get extremely good from here on out, so I am happy.

#4 dgause

dgause

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Kevin B Moses @ Dec 14 2008, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At any rate, the grizzlies are looking more and more like they are going to get extremely good from here on out, so I am happy.

huh.gif

#5 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Kevin B Moses @ Dec 13 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am all about some great play from this team. But it might serve your own nerves well to allow them to get a little more consistent before you drop words such as "extremely good". I'm just sayin.

In anycase, I understand Heisley making this statement, it's not that unexpected. And yeah, as long as we continue to hold tight and show the signs of "a team" that we have showed the past few games then I think Ivy has reasonably bought himself sometime as coach. I still doubt he will be here in 3 years, but lets not split hairs here. He's made some good strides as of late, the man deserves to know he will be employed at least through tomorrow.

#6 Draft Someone Good

Draft Someone Good

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Since it's solely Heisley's decision on whether or not to fire Iavaroni, the vote of confidence is not really dreaded.

#7 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Draft Someone Good @ Dec 13 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since it's solely Heisley's decision on whether or not to fire Iavaroni, the vote of confidence is not really dreaded.

It might be dreaded to the thread starter tho, if he wants Ivy fired.

#8 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:31 AM

Iavaroni is not going anywhere, this year or next and even after 3 yr plan. Pre- O.J. Mayo, He offered a game plan to upper management "this is who we are" = id the team. OJ came... he is not what I planned for; but we should take him. I can redo the plan. Give me moment and the plan looks like it will work better. Change rotation, mix up 2-3-4 bench matchup, keep defending paint top priority, get instant hot 3 pt shooter, and a top pick James Worthy look alike.

Chris Wallace knows NBA ball admin and he sees Iavaroni seems to know what he is talking about and is nearly on schedule w/what he promised. Keep watching. This year's team can get a 7-9 game win streak this season more than once and get into the playoffs.

#9 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

Well, I could have put this as a new thread, but figured this was a good place.

Ivy's place in the 3 year plan is a win-win for Heisley. If he is terrible, it's ok because it's no surprise and we get high draft picks.

In other words, when I see the 3 year plan, what it sounds like to me is he is following his friend, Marc Cuban's recipe for being good in this league...you've got to be bad in this league. Nobody rises out of mediocrity in the NBA. They just peak at a higher level of mediocrity. So what you must be hoping for is a one-year transformation at some point (like say, when Phoenix signed Nash for example).

Then again, if Ivy turns out to be a good coach and gets this team winning, then that works out too.

So while I once posted this was a can't win situation for Ivy, it's a can't lose situation for the front office.

#10 JC

JC

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (ShawnSr @ Dec 14 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep watching. This year's team can get a 7-9 game win streak this season more than once and get into the playoffs.

I don't see how that is possible

#11 J.Buckets

J.Buckets

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (The Juice Factor @ Dec 14 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In other words, when I see the 3 year plan, what it sounds like to me is he is following his friend, Marc Cuban's recipe for being good in this league...you've got to be bad in this league. Nobody rises out of mediocrity in the NBA. They just peak at a higher level of mediocrity. So what you must be hoping for is a one-year transformation at some point (like say, when Phoenix signed Nash for example).

+1

Truer words cannot be spoken.

#12 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (The Juice Factor @ Dec 14 2008, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*points to sig*

I remember Cuban saying that years ago. Personally I have always agreed. That's why I cringe when I see people talking about sneaking into the playoffs this year. Honestly, yeah it would be cool. But at the same time, we can't be an honest threat for title, so why not stay the course. Get another high draft pick or two. That doesn't mean I don't want to see them build the team at the same time, I don't want to be stuck in neutral. But I don't want to get just enough wins to knock us out of the high area of the lottery. We need at least one more solid pick to either keep or trade. We have some good value on this team, but not enough for a solid future yet.

#13 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (JC @ Dec 14 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see how that is possible

after 2days win against Heat do u see more clearly.

#14 JC

JC

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (ShawnSr @ Dec 15 2008, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
after 2days win against Heat do u see more clearly.

Yeah cuz playing a heat team without haslem and beasley having a cold and playing at home should convince me? We played great but let's see Tuesday vs no

#15 10SC-2-TOKYO

10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,640 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

How about somebody ( anybody ) just saying -> WOW! The Grizz are FUN to watch again ?!?!?!?

The talk I am hearing has us either winning a chip tomorrow or being doormats forever .

I am having FUN watching this year's squad ... more than last years anyway .

*Now I point to MY sig *

#16 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (JC @ Dec 15 2008, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah cuz playing a heat team without haslem and beasley having a cold and playing at home should convince me? We played great but let's see Tuesday vs no

Houston wasn't enough, Chicago wasn't enough, Miami wasn't enough? After Tuesday's game against New Orleans Hornets and we win will that be enough? I will be @ game yelling 'is this enough?'

#17 GrizzliesIQYO

GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:26 AM

Last week was one of the best weeks...I have seen frm the Grizzlies since I have been a fan, but our next eight games are probably going to be our hardest eight game stretch..so if we can win at least half...we should be fine but if we only win 1 or 2...that might be a problem..

YO

#18 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (GrizzliesIQYO @ Dec 16 2008, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last week was one of the best weeks...I have seen frm the Grizzlies since I have been a fan, but our next eight games are probably going to be our hardest eight game stretch..so if we can win at least half...we should be fine but if we only win 1 or 2...that might be a problem..

YO

Lakers and Spurs r the only teams that may beat us. Dallas, If we keep playing 48 mins of NBA ball and extra passing, which I am sure we will we could beat them too.

#19 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,839 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (ShawnSr @ Dec 16 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lakers and Spurs r the only teams that may beat us. Dallas, If we keep playing 48 mins of NBA ball and extra passing, which I am sure we will we could beat them too.

Dallas is the 2nd game of a back to back with the Lakers on the front end. That is extremely difficult for any team to handle much less the young and hungry Grizzlies.

#20 The People's Champ

The People's Champ

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Kobe Bryant says he expects the Knicks to play an important role in the 2010 free-agency, and it isn't just because they play in the middle of Manhattan.

"Obviously it's a huge market," Bryant said after the Lakers' entertaining 116-114 win over the Knicks on Tuesday night at Staples Center. "But players really love (Mike) D'Antoni, love playing for him."

GET SOMEBODY IN HERE WHO CAN COACH......