48 replies to this topic

#41 kfilament

kfilament

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

congrats to vol fan, i know he is one here a good bit.

#42 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

Thank you thank you (I'm volfan1978 by the way). I'm just hoping that the guy I'm bidding against wasn't some Serbian crime boss who had is internet connection flake out and who's going to send a hit squad after me. And I'm glad that I could pick up such a sweet piece of Darko memorabilia while helping out a great cause.

Lower level tickets to a Grizz game: $66
Game-used Darko jersey ripped in a fit of rage: $927
Having Darko sign the jersey "To my lover Tim, Darko Milicic": Priceless

#43 kfilament

kfilament

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (OvintonFan1978 @ Dec 18 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you thank you (I'm volfan1978 by the way). I'm just hoping that the guy I'm bidding against wasn't some Serbian crime boss who had is internet connection flake out and who's going to send a hit squad after me. And I'm glad that I could pick up such a sweet piece of Darko memorabilia while helping out a great cause.

HA HA, are you serious??? if so thats awesome. I am glad a grizz fan got it and that st. jude made some nice coin off of it.

#44 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (OvintonFan1978 @ Dec 18 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I'm guessing you'll sleep with it in your arms every night and kiss it in the morning and make it breakfast? laugh.gif
Maybe you'll let me worship it and bask in its glory next time I'm over there. smile.gif

#45 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (kfilament @ Dec 18 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HA HA, are you serious??? if so thats awesome. I am glad a grizz fan got it and that st. jude made some nice coin off of it.

I would have him sign it that way, but I'm too afraid that Darko would rip a 1.5' hole starting at my neckline just for suggesting it.

#46 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Maybe you should bring up the fact that you bought this jersey at your next "fan advisory" board meeting. Maybe you'll get a round of applause out of it or something.

Also, at the "season ticket holder party," you could let Darko know that you were the one who bought it and maybe he might talk to you for like 20 or 30 seconds.

#47 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

Actually I wish they would let me get him to sign it in person...that way I could hatch my plot to slip a bag over his head Borat style and take him home with me. Of course I still haven't worked out how I would get the stepladder past security and how I would explain it when he ripped himself out of the sack and came after me.

#48 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (OvintonFan1978 @ Dec 18 2008, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, that's taking the joke a little too far. smile.gif

Yeah, you're right. To avoid getting suspended again I'll remove it.

#49 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

You've got the jersey and all, but I still regret that you didn't actually get to see it get ripped off in person. It would be kinda like owning "Oswald's" rifle and only having the Zapruder film to show you what happened. And yes, I did just compare Darko ripping his jersey to the JFK assassination. It's that important.