#21 tall_black

tall_black

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (grizzlyalidocious @ Dec 10 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant wait to see the bid on it go up and up and up. I think its gonna be epic.

I was [MOD EDIT] my self with laughter when i saw this pic and reading all these hilarious comments!!!....i would LOVE to get that game shirt, whats the bet it gets over 100 grand...if i had money i'd be chucking the kitchen sink trying to get it....freaking briliant!!!

#22 Ivy4janitor

Ivy4janitor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (kwells @ Dec 10 2008, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So good an image, I have to steal it for an avatar. laugh.gif

you can see guys around Darko playing cool and giggling at the same time.
this **** is so funny.who added green on this pic?
Darko is mad man biggrin.gif

#23 Latilleon

Latilleon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:16 AM

I would pay top dollar for a game ripped Shane Battier poster from the Rockets game in the 2006-07 season.

#24 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Latilleon @ Dec 10 2008, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would pay top dollar for a game ripped Shane Battier poster from the Rockets game in the 2006-07 season.

I'm surprised we didn't have a Mike Miller bobblehead night this year...

#25 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Commadoor Sixty-four @ Dec 9 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
priceless.... laugh.gif

Usely I don't participate this type of event, but the Grizzlies House at St.Jude Children's Research Hospital is a really good deal. I also wouldn't mind having that Darko Jersey I will admit.

#26 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, I would like to have it too, but the news of this auction has spread like a bad case of herpes and I think most of the people, like me, who really want it will be outbid by somebody with deep pockets,
who just bought it because they had the money to do so. At least it will benefit the kids at the Grizzlies House at St. Jude.

#27 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (SerbianMadMan @ Dec 10 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I would like to have it too, but the news of this auction has spread like a bad case of herpes and I think most of the people, like me, who really want it will be outbid by somebody with deep pockets,
who just bought it because they had the money to do so. At least it will benefit the kids at the Grizzlies House at St. Jude.

Checked the online auction today and its already up to $400.00 bucks. Its for a good cause though. Think the biding closes the 18th.

#28 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (raymond @ Dec 12 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Checked the online auction today and its already up to $400.00 bucks. Its for a good cause though. Think the biding closes the 18th.

I hope the people bidding on this realize that it's NOT tax deductible. Well, I suppose you could make an argument that the price in excess of that of an authentic NBA jersey is deductible, but that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny if you were audited due to the uniqueness of the item.

#29 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (OvintonFan1978 @ Dec 10 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised we didn't have a Mike Miller bobblehead night this year...

QUOTE (OvintonFan1978 @ Dec 12 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope the people bidding on this realize that it's NOT tax deductible. Well, I suppose you could make an argument that the price in excess of that of an authentic NBA jersey is deductible, but that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny if you were audited due to the uniqueness of the item.

The only comment I can make on these posts. Would be I really feel sorry for you OVintonFan1978.
The Grizzly house at ST. Jude is a realy good cause. A lot of parents have spent every penny they have in hopes of saving their child or love one, and don't have enough money to eat, let alone be able too afford any thing else.

#30 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (raymond @ Dec 12 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only comment I can make on these posts. Would be I really feel sorry for you OVintonFan1978.
The Grizzly house at ST. Jude is a realy good cause. A lot of parents have spent every penny they have in hopes of saving their child or love one, and don't have enough money to eat, let alone be able too afford any thing else.

I missed the part where I said that the Grizzlies House is not a worthwhile cause. I was simply trying to be informative--I've been to numerous charity auctions where the auctioneer said "come on people, it's tax deductible" which is almost always incorrect. The website correctly points out that you should consult your tax advisor. Never did I say that you shouldn't bid. At ease, soldier!

So basically you take a joke that I made in response to someone's comment about the Shane Battier posters along with a post where I was trying to convey factual information and you use those to formulate your opinion that I am one to be pitied? You lost me there brother.

#31 serbianeagle

serbianeagle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

price is going up and up:)
http://auctions.nba....amp;wl=51136034

#32 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (OvintonFan1978 @ Dec 12 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed the part where I said that the Grizzlies House is not a worthwhile cause. I was simply trying to be informative--I've been to numerous charity auctions where the auctioneer said "come on people, it's tax deductible" which is almost always incorrect. The website correctly points out that you should consult your tax advisor. Never did I say that you shouldn't bid. At ease, soldier!

So basically you take a joke that I made in response to someone's comment about the Shane Battier posters along with a post where I was trying to convey factual information and you use those to formulate your opinion that I am one to be pitied? You lost me there brother.

Read this went back and reread the thread. Seen the Shane comment. I was wrong an you are correct. Sorry guess I was being a little to touchy about the Grizzly House. I just think it's a good cause. Again I was wrong, and I really do mean it when I say I was wrong and apologize.

#33 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (raymond @ Dec 12 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read this went back and reread the thread. Seen the Shane comment. I was wrong an you are correct. Sorry guess I was being a little to touchy about the Grizzly House. I just think it's a good cause. Again I was wrong, and I really do mean it when I say I was wrong and apologize.

No problem, we're cool. I actually put in a bid on the jersey myself but it has gotten out of hand. I'm interested to see what it ends up going for.

#34 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:17 AM

Just to put things in perspective a bit...early in the season, a jersey worn by O.J. Mayo and in excellent condition was auctioned by the Grizzlies and sold for about $650. With several days left, an auction for a jersey worn by Darko Milicic and in poor condition is currently at $602. Additionally, a Darko Milicic game-worn autographed jersey and shorts set from the Grizzlies' Spain tour last year can be had for $400 in the Grizzlies team store at FedEx Forum.

#35 grizzlyalidocious

grizzlyalidocious

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

I thought this auction might be epic. Too bad I cant afford it though. Its all good. At least it helps out a good charity.

#36 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

I'm just waitin for my financial advisor to give me the go ahead to lay down a G for it.

#37 Wells

Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

Under two minutes and at $867.00. Not bad for a piece of history.

#38 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

We got an overtime "bidding war" going on!!!

#39 Wells

Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

$927.00 final bid, by volfan1978. Congratulations! And a nice piece of change to Grizzlies House and St. Jude.

#40 SerbianMadMan

SerbianMadMan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

I'm glad it went to an actual "Darko" fan and not some rich person who cares nothing about basketball.