7 replies to this topic

#1 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hoo-hah, I'm finally getting a chance to see a home game! I've only ever seen one - Lakers vs Vancouver Grizzlies a LONG time ago, from nosebleed seats. But a March vacation trip puts us in Memphis at last.

My options are OKC Wed Mar 20 or BOS Sat Mar 23. I'm thinking OKC will sell out and is a might-lose, but it is a weeknight. BOS maybe won't sell out, is a should-win, but is a Saturday. What do you think, folks?

I'll need a pair of tix, maybe three (will know in a few days).

Would also appreciate advice re what sections to try for. I'm thinking the C level, because the 200s are just too far away for a once-ever visit while the 100s are $$$. Am I right?

Any sections to avoid? Rabid drunks, seats often sold to visiting-team fans, etc.?

Can I beat Ticketmaster for tix? Or is it worth waiting until a short time ahead to see if any opportunities open up for a great seat cheap?

#2 Plop Plop Griz Griz

Plop Plop Griz Griz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

A couple weeks back, I went to Stubhub and got $45 tickets for $25. Section 118 for the Wolves game next month. I think the Celtics game will sell out over the Thunder game. A lot of people go to church on Wednesday nights. Also, all the seats in the Forum are decent, even the $10 ones.

#3 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Thanks, Plop

#4 El Guapo

El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for choosing us as a destination TimBC. The only seats I don't like are the ones behind the goals. All others are good, I prefer the angles or corners because the prices are slightly better and its a slightly different view,instead of the standard television-view. The club section or middle section can get you some real good seats without spending too much while being pretty close to the action. As far as which game, I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but if you're looking for a more lively atmosphere after the game, their will obviously be a better crowd on Beale after the Saturday game. Oh yeah, the rabid drunk section is the one with Al (10 beer) Wilson-just kidding Al. :D/>

#5 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Forgot to ask ... what's a good time to arrive pre-game? What happens when?
Obviously there's plenty to do close to the Forum, and great food to be eaten.

We're not big on watching the cute widdle kids from George Washington Junior School having a mini-game,
or cheerleaders, or Fan Appreciation where Mrs.Gridley wins a side of beef, but shootaround and trampolining mascots are OK.
Not to mention allowing a certain amount of time to shuffle through the entry line.

#6 mschnbch

mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Forgot to ask ... what's a good time to arrive pre-game? What happens when?
Obviously there's plenty to do close to the Forum, and great food to be eaten.

We're not big on watching the cute widdle kids from George Washington Junior School having a mini-game,
or cheerleaders, or Fan Appreciation where Mrs.Gridley wins a side of beef, but shootaround and trampolining mascots are OK.
Not to mention allowing a certain amount of time to shuffle through the entry line.

Best seats for the lowest cost is sec 116A 117 118 101 102 and 102A. It's lower level but behind the goal. Club seats aren't bad. Stub hub has the cheapest tickets and are legit. Go to the OKC game, it will be electric.. And for the Boston game i would go to Beale st or somewhere in midtown to watch the game since its a Saturday night it should be a good time/night on the town.

As far as before/after the game, grab some BBQ just about anywhere is great, or dyers on Beale (if your looking for great food that's not bbq). Alfred's has 2 dollar long necks every game if you are thirsty and the food isn't bad.. Most of all welcome to Memphis you should really enjoy the hospitality and the Memphis vibe ("soul").

#7 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Best seats for the lowest cost ...

Thanks - can I call you "msch" ?

#8 mschnbch

mschnbch

2nd Team