• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

Just curious as to how people feel about the team this year. I'm not sure. it's a ton of question marks. Obviously, Dedric is the best player on the team. I'm just hoping he doesn't try to do too much this season and also, I'm a little concerned about teams double and triple teaming him since there really isn't any other real threats on the team. His brother is apparently still not 100% from his surgery and it may take a full year before he is back to normal which means he will not be at 100% at all this season. Keesee sounds like a really good shooter and so does Clergeot. After that, this team is a mystery. i mean, I hope Martin can effectively run the point. I hope that Rykoek can stay on the floor and give some productive minutes as a big, I hope that Rivers can be a glue guy and trash guy getting tip ins. I hope the big guy from Egypt plays this year. Just a lot of hopes and no certainties. I do know that if Tubby coached that team from last year, they would have made the tourney and probably the Sweet 16, this team, ehh,not so sure. 

#2 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

I'm more optimistic about this team than last year's team but I am still not expecting much. 

I remember when I used to bet with a friend on if the Grizzlies or Tigers would win more games in a season. Then we bet on if the tigers could win half as many games as the Grizzlies. We don't make those bets anymore. 

#3 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

When looking at their schedule, they should be able to pick up around 8-9 wins in ooc play. I mean, the ooc schedule is horrid. Pastner stripped it down as much as he could- I don't even know who the first 4 schools are, then Incarnate Word? i think Providence, Ole Miss, SC, OU  or UAB are toss up games. I mean, if you can eek 10 games out of ooc and 10 games in conf, you could be at 20 wins. I'm thinking 18-21 wins and an NIT invite. The ooc schedule is just too bad and our rpi will be bad. 

#4 Thomas

Thomas

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

I have basically no expectations for this season. All Tubby has to do is right this once-sinking ship over the next few years for the next guy who takes over for the long haul.

#5 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

I hope it doesn't take the full 5 years to rebuild. I think he has some decent talent coming in next year, not great but decent bodies who can play. The AAC isn't a great b-ball conf so he can win a lot of games. I wouldn't be surprised if they are back in the tourney by next year and competitive in teh tourney (Sweet 16) by his third year but definitely no later than his 4th year.

#6 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,028 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

Tubby can teach the game, he can coach the game.  Here's hoping his staff + being Memphis can bring in the talent needed to compete at a high level.

I don't even know what to expect because the last 2 years I've basically ignored the program.  Couldn't take it any more.  I have no idea where we're starting from with Tubby but I assume it's not good.  Even so, this is Memphis.  Conceivably, he should be able to get them playing the right way by the end of this season, regardless of how talented they are, to set the table for next year to start bring the program back to respectability.

We may look like a more organized basketball team on the court, but my guess is this season will really be about learning how far we've fallen.

#7 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

Good luck to the Tigers. I doubt they will be as good as people demand or as bad as some fear. Tubby will coach them to wins but not enough to please the masses.