79 replies to this topic

#61 10SC-2-TOKYO

10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,640 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (ShawnSr @ Dec 16 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone translate for me please. I am not on vacation in St Petersburg anymore. No cruelity intended.

Gaurdian and NI hold it down for us ... pretty sure they got it !

This is one of the most international boards out there !

GO GRIZZ

#62 Guard-ian

Guard-ian

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts
  • Interests:Too many...

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (N I @ Dec 16 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are full of surprises my friend wink.gif

Yep, online translators work wonders... biggrin.gif

Cheers.

#63 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,858 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

I'm curious but is there another player in the league who invokes such sharp differences in opinion as Darko? Either people love him or hate him. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

#64 Vidic_Fan

Vidic_Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Guard-ian @ Dec 16 2008, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ovo je forum da govore engleski.

Zaista, Darko veoma dobro skoro... wink.gif

Cheers.

Bravo clap clap, exelent serbs, better than my english wink.gif haha.
Cheers

#65 Vidic_Fan

Vidic_Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Dec 16 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious but is there another player in the league who invokes such sharp differences in opinion as Darko? Either people love him or hate him. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

To much contraverses. In Serbia its the same thing, people hate him or love him.

#66 Vladanfor31

Vladanfor31

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Guard-ian @ Dec 16 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ovo je forum da govore engleski.

Zaista, Darko veoma dobro skoro... wink.gif

Cheers.

google translate?

#67 serbianeagle

serbianeagle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Vladanfor31 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
google translate?

rofl

#68 Eli

Eli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

It seems like last night I saw some of the Darko that we don't like. I think his problem is that he is too arrogant. When he is humbled and people make it a point to show that they think he stinks, he plays his role well. But when he has a few good games he tries to get ahead of himself and make too much happen. That's just what I think of Darko and I've felt that way for some time now.

#69 serbianeagle

serbianeagle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 17 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems like last night I saw some of the Darko that we don't like. I think his problem is that he is too arrogant. When he is humbled and people make it a point to show that they think he stinks, he plays his role well. But when he has a few good games he tries to get ahead of himself and make too much happen. That's just what I think of Darko and I've felt that way for some time now.

+1

#70 memphis slim

memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,079 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:48 AM

darko played some of the best man defense i have seen last night. he also went aggressively to the hole on off. very good game.

slim.

#71 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (memphis slim @ Dec 23 2008, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
darko played some of the best man defense i have seen last night. he also went aggressively to the hole on off. very good game.

slim.

Yes, this is the Darko we want. I hope he maintains the fire in his game that we saw last night. Rip it Darko!

#72 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Dec 16 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it is amazing. I'm not sure if it's because of his personality (I found the youtube rant about the Eurobasket officials to be hilarious, but others seem to be deeply offended by it) or because of his failure to live up to Joe Dumars's expectations. There seems to be this dichotomy that either 1.) he's not as good as DWade, Melo, or Bosh so he's a total scrub and unable to contribute anything, or, 2.) he's a potential superstar who was held back by evil men like Larry Brown who wanted to see him fail. Seems like no one wants to view him as simply a talented young guy that can contribute some quality minutes when he's "on" but has a tendency to go "off" when things don't go his way.

#73 El Guapo

El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

Darko's head seems to be in the game again and its translating to better production from him.If Darko just gave us these types of efforts most nights,I would be pleased.Basically,it seems like him and Arthur switched pre-game meals or something.Now I wanna see the refs stop with the ticky-tack calls on him,to maximize his time and production out there.I just hope he keeps it up.Nonetheless,great effort.

#74 Commadoor Sixty-four

Commadoor Sixty-four

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

I applaud Darko's play against the Lakers. Good job, man. Keep that up.

and, I swear i think I almost saw a basketball related smile from the Serbian Perturbian. wink.gif

#75 Gradey

Gradey

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

I liked Darko last night too. Hell, I like it when he's out there with a chip on his shoulder. Ripping off that jersey was just awesome. When he is in that mood thats the Darko I like. I dont like the humbled Darko at all. He is too passive and just doesnt carry himself with any confidence when he gets like that...we need him to be angry and sure of himself.

#76 pardon_my_interruption

pardon_my_interruption

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,063 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

He has been playing well of late.

But he also did this during his time in Orlando. He had a stretch of really good games in Orlando. Then fizzled.

We will see.

#77 mickfoo

mickfoo

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

Still just scratching the surface w/Darko. Just now he's showing folks he's not garbage. He'll keed improving also. Muck better offense coming within the next couple/few months. You can tell he's getting comfortable, and gasp...respected. I'm not afraid to sink a little faith into potential and up-side. Only the tip of the iceberg. He will keep getting better and better. Still just 23...

#78 dgause

dgause

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (mickfoo @ Dec 25 2008, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still just scratching the surface w/Darko. Just now he's showing folks he's not garbage. He'll keed improving also. Muck better offense coming within the next couple/few months. You can tell he's getting comfortable, and gasp...respected. I'm not afraid to sink a little faith into potential and up-side. Only the tip of the iceberg. He will keep getting better and better. Still just 23...

blink.gif

#79 mickfoo

mickfoo

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (dgause @ Dec 24 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

So i'm guessing that you think this is the best Darko's got? You don't think he'll improve? He's reached his ceiling?

blink.gif right back at ya...

#80 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (mickfoo @ Dec 24 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i'm guessing that you think this is the best Darko's got? You don't think he'll improve? He's reached his ceiling?

blink.gif right back at ya...

I think it's well proven by Darko that he is anything but consistent. I don't think anyone here would be disappointed if you are right, but most of us have seen enough of him to know that it isn't worth holding our breath waiting the rest of the iceberg to become exposed. I don't really think Darko even realizes what he is "capable" of, in that case how should any of us realize it either.