15 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzliesIQYO

GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:33 AM

I was just wondering does anyone know anything about if he is practicing or his progression.?? What will his role be? Will coach ivy give him a chance? If you guys don't know I'll just ask chris avis, matt tumbelson, or pete pranica..

YO

#2 Wells

Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

Wojnarowski article on the Miles situation. Sounds like he has been working out at the Attack Athletics facility in Chicago. The place Derrick Rose and OJ practiced at over the summer.

http://sports.yahoo....p...o&type=lgns

#3 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,858 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

Miles has been practicing with the Grizzlies since signing his contract. He is not allowed in the arena for 2 hours before or after games because of the suspension he is serving for using a banned dietary substance.

#4 GrizzledGrizzFan

GrizzledGrizzFan

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

Wallace was talking about him on Verno prior to the Hornets game. Said he wasn't in game shape yet, but he was improving daily.

#5 PassTheMayo

PassTheMayo

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

So who's minutes are going to go down?

#6 Major P

Major P

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

Tillery's take:
"What I saw was Miles misfiring on 3-pointers around the perimeter and Iavaroni imploring Miles to display more energy while performing mid-range drills. "

http://www.thememphi.../15/m...t-etc…/

#7 Sweet Chin Music

Sweet Chin Music

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Major P @ Dec 18 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tillery's take:
"What I saw was Miles misfiring on 3-pointers around the perimeter and Iavaroni imploring Miles to display more energy while performing mid-range drills. "

http://www.thememphi.../15/m...t-etc…/

Well what did anyone except? Miles has never been a good 3 point shooter or a good jumpshooter for that matter.

#8 grizzlyalidocious

grizzlyalidocious

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (PassTheMayo @ Dec 18 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So who's minutes are going to go down?

He will be a legitimate backup sf. So you wouldn't have Buckner or Ross playing at sf much if at all anymore. Although Ross would just be the back up sg like he's more suited for anyways.

#9 K MASTA

K MASTA

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

I know that we just signed Miles. The roster now stands at 13 guys, since we just waived 'toine. Anyways i think we should take a look at Richard Hendrix who the warriors just waived to make room for monta. He apparently is a solid, young players who has a lot of heart. He's tough, smart, can rebound, and is a stronger option at PF than what we have currently. Some guys compared him to Paul Milsap so he might be solid.

#10 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

I hope, an have to believe Miles was signed, with the hope he will help the team as a good back up player, if his knee is able to hold up. His speed and athleticism is, what made him a valuable player prior to his enjury.

#11 Sweet Chin Music

Sweet Chin Music

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (raymond @ Dec 19 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope, an have to believe Miles was signed, with the hope he will help the team as a good back up player, if his knee is able to hold up. His speed and athleticism is, what made him a valuable player prior to his enjury.

That's exactly why I feel like he could be done. If he has lost a step or two he has nothing else to offer.

#12 GrizzedByBluffCity

GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

is he Better than RYan Humphrey? Andre Brown? Ok - good pick up

#13 JC

JC

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

this is a great move for a number of reasons:

1)it fulfills a need. We need some scoring and athleticism off the bench. Imagine Rudy sitting down and Conley having a finished like Miles stepping in his spot. Nice!
2)it could hurt the blazers (nuff said)
3)another reason to get media attention. This is something that doesn't happen to Memphis very often. OJ and Rudy and now add a story like Miles and we get on the radar fast.
4)Miles is easily another Gerald Green on NBA 2k9. Which makes Memphis a beast in the game.

#14 LiveFreeorDie

LiveFreeorDie

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Lets be realistic here. Miles is only here because not one single other team left would take a chance on him. We were his only resort.

#15 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (LiveFreeorDie @ Dec 19 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets be realistic here. Miles is only here because not one single other team left would take a chance on him. We were his only resort.

Wrong again (making quite the habit of that). Boston probably would have kept him after inviting him to training camp if they didn't already have a full complement of guaranteed contracts.

#16 LiveFreeorDie

LiveFreeorDie

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 19 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wrong again (making quite the habit of that). Boston probably would have kept him after inviting him to training camp if they didn't already have a full complement of guaranteed contracts.

Not the case. He wasn't any better then their current group of players they had so they set him free. Why do you think it is that only we would take a chance with him? I am almost positive I heard he was being looked at by another team and was dumped by them also.