Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well_Pete

NBA Finals

I am stoked for the playoffs this year.

I got the Mavs coming out of the West and the Cavs coming out of the east.

What I find interesting about the Cavaliers, is their two veteran center both got over a month off this season...amazing..well rested veteran bigs will be "huge" for a deep playoff run.

I have a good feeling about the Mavs this year; I may be biased towards Dirk and Kidd though. I would like to see that group make a deep run too.

Look for Manu to go bananas.

Go Thunder in the first round!

The eastern conference match ups aren't nearly as interesting this year as the western conference..

anyways.

let the playoffs begin.

Honestly, unless the Grizzlies are playing, I really dont care that much for the NBA Playoffs. The whole thing is rigged anyways. We all know its gonna be either the Cavs or the Lakers.

Nike has spent way too much money on those puppet commercials for Kobe and Bron NOT to meet up in the Finals. :P

I am stoked for the playoffs this year.

I got the Mavs coming out of the West and the Cavs coming out of the east.

What I find interesting about the Cavaliers, is their two veteran center both got over a month off this season...amazing..well rested veteran bigs will be "huge" for a deep playoff run.

I have a good feeling about the Mavs this year; I may be biased towards Dirk and Kidd though. I would like to see that group make a deep run too.

Look for Manu to go bananas.

Go Thunder in the first round!

The eastern conference match ups aren't nearly as interesting this year as the western conference..

anyways.

let the playoffs begin.

I hope the Thunder get swept. Bump KD and his 10+ fta per game.

I hope the Thunder get swept. Bump KD and his 10+ fta per game.

I'd be pulling for the Lady Vols if they were playing the Lakers

I hope Lakers go down in 1st round. also pulling for the Bulls to do the unthinkable!

Dallas I think is going to ram it home - Dirk time. I think we can all agree whoever makes it to the Finals is probably going to win. They have at least a 50/50 chance. That's a lot better than the Grizz, losing 6 of 8 to finish April. I give Grizz 0% chance to win the playoffs.. :(

I'd be pulling for the Lady Vols if they were playing the Lakers

Exactly! I hope it goes to seven! (but I only picked them to go 6 though).

Durant 7-24 (29%) and Bryant 6-19 (32%), but the narrators kept talking about them instead of Westbrook (amazing game) and Bynum/Pau. NBA marketing makes me sick.

Durant 7-24 (29%) and Bryant 6-19 (32%), but the narrators kept talking about them instead of Westbrook (amazing game) and Bynum/Pau. NBA marketing makes me sick.

It's the business side. I would say NBA is a fifty-fifty between game & business and I firmly believe referees are instructed to protect & promote the players with bigger commercial impact. Kobe shooting 12 FT or Durant shooting 11, playing both a very non aggresive game while Pau - with Westbrook, the best player on the court- who was constantly hacked shooting only 5 FT would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Seriously, the NBA is the best league in the world but sometimes I feel like I'm going to quit watching this childish, money driven show.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...ded_for_game_2/

RidiCULOUS!

THE WHOLE GAME Miami received benefit of every single call to keep them in it and keep Dwyane Waed in it. Now they send out KG for game 2. If the Celtics win what will NBA do next? Will they hire hit men to take out the rest of the Celtics or perhaps a freak airplane accident on their way to Miami?

Playoffs usually just makes me angry. Grizzlies played better ball (at times) during the season than many of these guys are playing now. How do you only put up 5 points in playoffs and you're supposed to be league MVP candidate? Dwight Howard. And has any team shot better than 50%? Atlanta maybe?

man I get too fired up some times. Really don't like Miami though. Still sore that Posey and Williams fled and got that ring against Dallas. that was the dumbest Finals ever in history.

anyways.

I found Spurs shot exactly .500

Atlanta was over .500

and both the Jazz and Nuggets had over .500 (no defense in that game).

So either everyone is playing trash or it's just gotten a hell of a lot more physical!!!!! You know how the Grizz respond to physical games - we win them every time. (it's the shoot outs that we get drilled on).

I really hope to be watching Grizz this time next year. I really do

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...ded_for_game_2/

RidiCULOUS!

THE WHOLE GAME Miami received benefit of every single call to keep them in it and keep Dwyane Waed in it. Now they send out KG for game 2. If the Celtics win what will NBA do next? Will they hire hit men to take out the rest of the Celtics or perhaps a freak airplane accident on their way to Miami?

While I agree that Miami, specially Wade, had the benefit of most calls, that's not related with whether Garnett should be suspended. I'm glad they've suspended him, that elbow deserves suspension.

While I agree that Miami, specially Wade, had the benefit of most calls, that's not related with whether Garnett should be suspended. I'm glad they've suspended him, that elbow deserves suspension.

rewatch the video hombre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIIl57V9jPs

The Miami players instigated the whole thing. It's their fault as well. They don't have anybody suspended. I call shenanigans.

rewatch the video hombre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIIl57V9jPs

The Miami players instigated the whole thing. It's their fault as well. They don't have anybody suspended. I call shenanigans.

Uh? Garnett was the only one to hit someone. I don't care about words, or at least not as much as punches and elbows. If other players were suspended then he should be suspended for more games. Actually, that's what should happen, but the league won't do that.

Besides, Garnett was the first one to start the argument too, he is the one who instigated it, Jefferson first approached to see if Pierce was ok.

Haslem was fast to join everything though :P.

Hakim Warrick played 8 minutes in Game 1 and has done nothing but ride the bench since then. nice to see Chicago and OKC get a win. Pau has been the best Laker so far. Artest < Ariza. who would have thought??

I was in Phoenix for a convention last week and got to go to game two of the Blazers v Suns series. Man was that ever an electric atmosphere. Can't wait until the Grizz get back to the playoffs :)

it has been unpredictable so far in all games except for lakers, magic, and browns.

which means lots of great basketball to be seen ! Come on Mavs tonite