Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies at Jazz

Starting Five Matchups
Teams Point
Guard
Shooting
Guard
Small
Forward
Power
Forward
Center Head
Coach
Grizzlies Jazz Mike
Conley
Mike Conley Ronnie PriceRonnie
Price
O.J.
Mayo
O.J. Mayo Ronnie BrewerRonnie
Brewer
Rudy
Gay
Rudy Gay C.J. MilesC.J.
Miles
Zach
Randolph
Zach Randolph Carlos BoozerCarlos
Boozer
Marc
Gasol
Marc Gasol Mehmet OkurMehmet
Okur
Lionel
Hollins
Lionel Hollins Jerry SloanJerry
Sloan

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur DeMarre Carroll Hamed Haddadi Steven Hunter Hasheem Thabeet Jamaal Tinsley Marcus Williams Sam Young
Jazz
  • Kyrylo Fesenko Sundiata Gaines Andrei Kirilenko Kyle Korver Kosta Koufos Wesley Matthews Paul Millsap Deron Williams

I have a feeling the Grizzlies are going to be looking for revenge this game. The biggest factor, I think, is going to be how well, or how bad, our bench produces. Its gonna be tough for sure, but we have Rudy this time, so I think a win is very possible.

This will be our first opportunity to play one team back to back, like the playoffs. This could be a mini series, if u will.

If we beat Portland like we just beat Sun in the desert, our level of intensity and confidence should be thru the stadium roof. Sam and Thabeet should contribute beautifully and become an added threat. Most importantly, if we start the tip-off, as usual with high intensity, we should have size able lead and momentum. The Jazz will not be able to catch.

then we beat them n 2 days in our house.

rudy didnt play last time and cj miles is nowhere near the shooter..the matthews boy is. I hope we can squeak out a win at another crazy arena. if my calculations are right, we have won about 90 percent of the second games we have played against teams this year, meaning we made necessary adjustments.

YO

rudy didnt play last time and cj miles is nowhere near the shooter..the matthews boy is. I hope we can squeak out a win at another crazy arena. if my calculations are right, we have won about 90 percent of the second games we have played against teams this year, meaning we made necessary adjustments.

YO

Lets just hope Z-Bo is okay

Speaking of the Jazz. I don't how true it is but on RealGM it said the Jazz are willing to deal anyone but Deron. Maybe we can get Brewer like somebody suggested earlier.

Do you guys like him?

As much as I enjoyed tonight's win, this game is going to be even more tough to win.

Starters played heavy minutes in an energy draining game against playoff competition. We already don't play well in Utah as it is.

If we're able to pull this one off I would be extremely surprised. Pleased, but surprised.

Speaking of the Jazz. I don't how true it is but on RealGM it said the Jazz are willing to deal anyone but Deron. Maybe we can get Brewer like somebody suggested earlier.

Do you guys like him?

plays good D, scores in bunches, Razorback...

I dig it.

Jazz are regressing. They're on a 3 game losing streak.

I would be surprised if they win 1 of the 2 games that we have against them tomorrow (6 January) on the road and at home on Friday (8 January).

We're going to sweep these 2 games and emerge with a better record than the Jazz (18-16) by Friday.

Go Grizzlies!

Do you guys like him?

I do. He's long and athletic, and a really good defender.

No expectations for tonight. Whatever happens, we are still at least .500. But it would be nice to go on one of those Portland-like 13 game win streaks. :lol:

No expectations for tonight. Whatever happens, we are still at least .500. But it would be nice to go on one of those Portland-like 13 game win streaks. :lol:

losing this game really wouldn't surprise me much. Last game of a long road trip with no losses, back to back nights, and we have some players beat up. Just don't get blown out

losing this game really wouldn't surprise me much. Last game of a long road trip with no losses, back to back nights, and we have some players beat up. Just don't get blown out

Both teams will be down and out tonight. Grizz are going to be tired and the Jazz aren't playing well at all and they are fixing to have a firesale if they don't start winning. Going to be very interesting.

From SLC's Deseret News:

D-WILL INJURY: Deron Williams is a game-time decision against Memphis tonight after missing practice Tuesday with a bruised and sprained right wrist.

X-rays taken at EnergySolutions Arena right after Monday's game came back negative. The point guard, listed as day-to-day, underwent an MRI on his sore wrist Tuesday, with results expected today.

Williams injured himself while crashing to the hardwood on his arm after making a layup in the fourth quarter.

I keep thinking these road games are going to be tough wins, but now, who knows.

I am sure Utah will show up with a game plan and ready to play. When is the last time they lost 4 in row?

From SLC's Deseret News:

No Deron could be the difference maker for us.

Our guys have got to be tired from last night.

I think we can win anyway, but this could be big.

With all the good teams we've beaten that have no big injuries, we can afford to beat Utah without everyone saying it was only because Deron was out. A W is a W =]

BTW, everyone. CA reports that Zach has a "right leg bruise near the knee" and is expected to play tonight.

Good news =D

When healthy the Jazz can be a matchup problem for us. I'll be honest and admit I dont have a clue as to what is going on with Utah this year but they still have a lot of talent. This should be a tough game and I hope the minutes played last night doesnt hurt us in the fourth tonight.

latest on deron.....

Deron Williams (wrist) didn't participate in shootaround on Wednesday and said that if the game was taking place during the day he would not be able to go.

The good news is that an MRI on Tuesday only revealed a sprain and Williams said "I don't think it's going to be something serious," but he looks like a major question mark for Wednesday. D-Will is listed as a game-time decision and is getting treatment, so it remains a possibility that he'll suit up. Check back for an update prior to tipoff. Ronnie Price would likely get the start if Williams can't go. Jan. 6 - 12:37 pm et

Source: Salt Lake Tribune