Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrizzliesIQYO

Injury Thread

So what exactly ended up being Tony's injury? I know Mayo hit him in the face and there was a lot of blood but I didn't know if it was a broken nose or busted lips or what really happened.

TA uploaded a pic on twitter showing his lip busted open and it was really hard to look at. There may be more to it than the lip though. Facial laceration is the official injury I've seen.

rockygriz    0

According to one site, TA's laceration called for a seven stitches.

http://www.rotoinfo....n_G-120286.html

And, here is a picture of his cut right after it happened:

http://www.straighto...llens-nasty-cut

We talked about passing out from seeing stuff like that. I was enjoying watching my daughter get 3 stitches in a very small cut on her forehead. I got to feeling light headed and heard a loud noise, me hitting the floor. Long story shortened, My 'laceration to the back of my head was over 3 1/2" long.

GTG    0

Via twitter: Marc Gasol has hyperextended his left knee and will undergo an MRI Monday.

Oh crap... If he needs an MRI there's likely a problem.

Via twitter: Marc Gasol has hyperextended his left knee and will undergo an MRI Monday.

Oh crap... If he needs an MRI there's likely a problem.

I did a google search on hyperextended knee injuries. From what I read, hyperextended knee injuries are definitely a problem. If It is a hyperextended knee injury, even if there is no ligament damage, mild hyperextended injuries require 2 to 4 weeks of rest. Marc is likely through for the year. This sounds a lot like what happened when Mayo fell against Z- Bo's knee back in January.

But the Grizz will just have to hope Haddadi can step up, or they will have to play small ball the rest of the way.

When it comes to injuries involving major players, the Grizzlies are "snakebit". :angry:

Wells    0

I did a google search on hyperextended knee injuries. From what I read, hyperextended knee injuries are definitely a problem. If It is a hyperextended knee injury, even if there is no ligament damage, mild hyperextended injuries require 2 to 4 weeks of rest. Marc is likely through for the year. This sounds a lot like what happened when Mayo fell against Z- Bo's knee back in January.

But the Grizz will just have to hope Haddadi can step up, or they will have to play small ball the rest of the way.

When it comes to injuries involving major players, the Grizzlies are "snakebit". :angry:

It depends. Shawn Marion hyperextended a knee back in February against OKC, and played 17 minutes afterwards and did not miss a game. Marc's seems more severe than that, but all he may need is to be off it for a week or two. Its ligament tears that you have to worry about, just like with Rudy and Zach.

GTG    0

I'm hoping and praying we catch a break for once.

If he's out for the year, I really don't think we'd be able to make a push for a Championship this season. We may not even be able to move past the Clippers without Gasol's inside presence.

It depends. Shawn Marion hyperextended a knee back in February against OKC, and played 17 minutes afterwards and did not miss a game. Marc's seems more severe than that, but all he may need is to be off it for a week or two. Its ligament tears that you have to worry about, just like with Rudy and Zach.

I appreciate your input, Wells. I'm looking for any type of encouraging news at this point.

That Shawn Marion was able to continue playing and did not miss another game, speaks for itself. Marc limped to the locker room.

I also don't believe they had a Doctor immediately examine Marion after his injury. They did with Marc and he is scheduled for an MRI while the team stays in New Orleans overnight.

Per Tillery's comment in todays C.A.; we should know Marc's status sometime Monday.

If Marc is off more than a week that puts him out till May. Oh well. Like I posted in another thread earlier, we have to play through it. We've been doing it all year.

As the saying goes: "The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same".

Blue Bear    0

Somebody else will need to step up. This isn't the first time our team has had injuries. We just have to live with the fact that this team isn't meant to be 100% this season. These guys are playing at and extremely fast rate of games and injuries can easily happen when not giving enough time to rest accordingly. I hope he's Ok.

STS    0

I hope we have Gilbert for the playoffs. If anything, i think he will at least have some type of protection on it and try to shoot and adjust it somehow.