Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benji

Grizzlies sign Trey Gilder

68 posts in this topic

The Memphis Grizzlies have signed former NBA Development League standout and free-agent forward Trey Gilder, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. A key reserve for the 2009 NBA D-League Champion Colorado 14ers, the 6-9, 185-pound rookie forward averaged 13.7 points and 5.5 rebounds in 23.9 minutes in 50 games (11 starts), as the team posted the D-League’s best regular season record (34-16) and captured the franchise’s first D-League title.

This must have been what Chip was referring to. :P

I'm sure it's not guaranteed and he'll only be here for training camp purposes.

So we signed another backup for Rudy... EDIT: who was a 6th-7th man on a D-league team...

How much $ does this leave for Flip/AI/Tinsley?

Who?

So we signed another backup for Rudy...

How much $ does this leave for Flip/AI/Tinsley?

couldn't have said it better.

couldn't have said it better.

I wanna say something positive about this....

OH HEY! At least we didn't sign Jeffers, then we would have to admit grizzlygrit was right about something.

skinniest player I've ever seen. He's listed @ 6'9", which is Hak's height, and he's listed at 185, which is about 30lbs lighter than Hak's listed weight. "Beanpole" is just a shameful understatement. He's got some fair offensive moves and he made a few outside shots in summerleague, but I did not think that he'd be lightning-in-a-bottle attempt #952.

training camp warm body

We're so dedicated to the MCNCC that we signed a D-League sf to be our 3rd string point guard......

There was a story the other day about how Tarence Kinsey had a falling out with Ivy AND Wallace..... Does anybody know the details on the Wallace beef? That was the first I heard of it and I would have loved to have had him back. He always seemed like a dedicated player and he did grow each month he played here, dude is still a youngster w/potential.

Who?

Trey Gilder, he had the top 70's song "Hot Child in the City"

skinniest player I've ever seen. He's listed @ 6'9", which is Hak's height, and he's listed at 185, which is about 30lbs lighter than Hak's listed weight. "Beanpole" is just a shameful understatement. He's got some fair offensive moves and he made a few outside shots in summerleague, but I did not think that he'd be lightning-in-a-bottle attempt #952.

ThabeetGrit needed a feel good practice push-a-round dummy.

training camp warm body

better be, he should just enjoy the ride like petway did...We are locked at small forward with Rudy, Caroll and Sam under contract...

YO

Move alone people. Nothing to see here

+1 to that

I'll see your +1 with a -2

overall value of said Iverson statement: -1

Move alone people. Nothing to see here

Are you sure? I was hoping that this story would stretch out for another 5 or 6 pages.

I'll see your +1 with a -2

overall value of said Iverson statement: -1

LOL!

I can't even hate on that.

Are you sure? I was hoping that this story would stretch out for another 5 or 6 pages.

99 Reasons Why I like Trey Gilder:

99: D-League Champion

Troy Gleder was a man many counted out as the 08 season began. Many athletes look at the D-League as a stepping stone yet the success rate is not promising. To Tony this was a mission willing to be taken. As a city with seemingly no hope, waited a man with a mission named Timmy Glader, to do the unthinkable and bring home the elusive D-League Gold. With (his team) on his back Mr. Glider never looked back from day one and delivered as promised. Today that success has made the dreams of Terry come true.....he has now reached the NBA

i hope this means no iverson

So you prefer some D-League bum who looked like crap in summer league to a future HOFer that scored 17.5 with 5 assists last year?

We're so dedicated to the MCNCC that we signed a D-League sf to be our 3rd string point guard......

There was a story the other day about how Tarence Kinsey had a falling out with Ivy AND Wallace..... Does anybody know the details on the Wallace beef? That was the first I heard of it and I would have loved to have had him back. He always seemed like a dedicated player and he did grow each month he played here, dude is still a youngster w/potential.

your so dedicated to the MCNCC, which was formulated after we traded an over-excited midget non-offensive PG in lowry, that you have to bring it in when we sign a SF to attend TC. Congrats, you are no worse than those people who believe Obama really is forming death panels...congrats... <_<