Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrizzliesIQYO

Ricky Rubio Staying in Europe

I do think these guys listen to agents....you act like he is a veteran player from here and he knows everything. Man, when I was 18, I wouldn't have known much better. Maybe if he had been willing to talk and workout for all the top 5 things would have been differant.

Apart from all the reason other people have thrown here (if Ricky had been #2, he would have been able to pay easier the buyout), I don't get the topic title.

I hope it's just GrizzliesIQYO doen't know anything of spanish, because "Ahora mismo, es muy probable que Ricky se quede uno o dos años en Europa" means

"Right now, it's very likely Ricky is staying in Europe one or two years"

Please, change the title, because it's, at least, misleading.

Per Kevin Love's twitter a few minutes ago

kevin_love: rubio to stay in Spain according to his father...

14 minutes ago from web

And yet, you don't have an equal reaction to the legion of board members that dubbed a young man from Tanzania who is trying to make a better life for his family, Thabust. Do these posters care about Thabeet's family back home wanting him to fail miserably to say I told you so?

Great post. Most people onthis board talked SSSOOO bad about Thabeet AND Chad Ford!! No that its Rubio there is sympathy abound. I want wish him any bad luck but thse players get to thinking they are Gods gift to the world and when reality strikes it's a different story. Thabeet is trying to take care of his family AND country but people called him everything under the sun, Now becuase Rubio cant pay for his buyout its different? ATLEAST RUBIO WAS ALREADY GETTING PAID. Thabeet comes from nothing. Be happy for SOMETHING the Grizz do. PLEASE.I think we had a very nice defensive draft.

Apart from all the reason other people have thrown here (if Ricky had been #2, he would have been able to pay easier the buyout), I don't get the topic title.

I hope it's just GrizzliesIQYO doen't know anything of spanish, because "Ahora mismo, es muy probable que Ricky se quede uno o dos años en Europa" means

"Right now, it's very likely Ricky is staying in Europe one or two years"

Please, change the title, because it's, at least, misleading.

If he doesn't know spanish he can use a translator or easier: not write anything. He could be stupid but I think he is only a liar.

If he doesn't know spanish he can use a translator. He could be stupid but I think he is only a liar.

I dont appreciate you making personal insults towards me. Rubio will be a timberwolve or knick. You only are a fan of Rubio. Join their boards, dont ever disrespect me like that. I reported what was reported online.

YO

I don't think you are being fair with Rubio. I didn't expect some of you to be, because you've been haters all along, but anyway...

Rubio will be actually paying money in order to play for the wolves if he comes this year with the 5th pick. I don't think thats something you can actually be critizing.....

He was explaining this a while ago in a Spanish media, he likes the situation he is in, but he has to think about it for a while...

If he would have been chosen 1th-4th there is no way he was comming back to spain.

And now that Rubio is not going to be here. Just forget about him and concentrate in John Wall.

John Wall will be reserved for a team in the Lottery in which we wont be :D

He will be drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves after they trade away K Love and Al Jefferson for Tyreke Evans and Kevin Martin

After setting the NBA record for least rebounds and least turnovers and ranking last in defense.

They will draft John Wall over Demarcus Cousins, Derek Favors, and Greg Monroe. Because all GMs know you draft talent over need ;)

I dont appreciate you making personal insults towards me. Rubio will be a timberwolve or knick. You only are a fan of Rubio. Join their boards, dont ever disrespect me like that. I reported whats was reported online.

YO

I came here with Pau and I am still here, don't tell me where I must be or fan...

In any case, the problem is with you, I haven't lied.

I came here with Pau and I am still here, don't tell me where I must be or fan...

In any case, the problem is with you, I haven't lied.

We dont want you. We could do without Spanish bandwagon fans that contribute nothing to the franchise. When Marc leaves, you will leave and I cant wait. Fanboys like yourself are annoying and always get emotional with your little biased opinions. I have nothing else to say 2 you.

YO

1. Blake Griffin LAC $16,071,840

2. Hasheem Thabeet MEM $14,379,840

3. James Harden OKC $12,913,440

4. Tyreke Evans SAC $11,642,640

5. Ricky Rubio MIN $10,542,960

6. Johnny Flynn MIN $9,576,000

Look at the amount of money Rubio will be missing out on in the next 3 years. About 4 mil :lol:

We dont want you. We could do without Spanish bandwagon fans that contribute nothing to the franchise. When Marc leaves, you will leave and I cant wait. Fanboys like yourself are annoying and always get emotional with your little biased opinions. I have nothing else to say 2 you.

YO

HAHAHA, worse for you.

But at the end of the day one of us continues being a liar and it's not me. ;)

YO

Speak for yourself buster.

Who the hell elected you as the boards public spokesperson?

How can you have the nerve of categorizing other posters as fanboys because of their nationality when you, sir, have been one of the most annoying fanboys on these boards?

To all the other Thabeet supporters. Thabeet is here. Cool. He'll turn out alright hopefully and help us anchor the defense. Why are you guys spending so much time spewing all this hate towards Ricky Rubio if you didn't want him here and he's not here?

I don't get it. Can't we just feel happy with what we've got?

Forget Rubio for Christ's sake its getting very annoying.

I would just like to say to all of our Spanish board members that I have always been glad to have you on the boards. I was and still am a Pau fan, I am a Marc fan, and I was a huge JCN fan and was thrilled when he came and sad when he left. I did not choose to jump on the Rubio band wagon this time. I think he and his agent made some bad choices which will cost them in lost money. I think if we had picked him with the intention of keeping him, it could have been a disaster for us if he had refused to come and threaten to stay in Europe for a couple of years. We would have been a laughingstock even worse that we are now. That is the way I feel about it.

Nevertheless, I am grateful for Spanish fans of the team and hope they will continue to follow Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies.

I would just like to say to all of our Spanish board members that I have always been glad to have you on the boards. I was and still am a Pau fan, I am a Marc fan, and I was a huge JCN fan and was thrilled when he came and sad when he left. I did not choose to jump on the Rubio band wagon this time. I think he and his agent made some bad choices which will cost them in lost money. I think if we had picked him with the intention of keeping him, it could have been a disaster for us if he had refused to come and threaten to stay in Europe for a couple of years. We would have been a laughingstock even worse that we are now. That is the way I feel about it.

Nevertheless, I am grateful for Spanish fans of the team and hope they will continue to follow Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies.

I think what makes most of this arguing with YO stupid is that he associates, automatically, not wanting thabeet to wanting rubio... and that, again automatically, to being a Spanish-Fan-Non-Grizzlies-Rot-In-Hell-Guy.

Well. As I've done many times since I follow this franchise, I choose to ignore him, and everyone who think alike. You cannot help it. I'll continue to root for the grizzlies long after the last spanish player is gone, and also, I'll continue to state my opinion freely whether it implies, or not, rooting for a spanish player....

From his opinions, I can extract that he is someone that believes, strongly, in a way of understanding NBA basketball, perfectly fine for me, but that he cannot understand that others may have a different opinion as well thought as his. So in his book, every different opinion must be because of Spanish-driven-Fanhood, or Player-fanhood, or absence of knowledge, or things like that.

So. As long as he doesn't accept that other people care as much as he does for the grizzlies, just that they have other opinions about what the should do, is just better not to care.

Rubio Skips Wolves Press Conference

His agent is steering him in the WRONG direction and NOT gaining any fans.

The word out in Spanish media is that a Deal with the knicks is being discussed very seriously.... this may have something to do with it. It involves Nate and Lee, maybe in a Sing&Trade situation. I don't know any more details, but it doesn't seem the usual out of nowhere rumors they use to make up.

YO

Speak for yourself. This board should embrace anyone that takes the time to follow the team and post on the message board. All the Spanish "bandwagon fans" left with Pau and JCN, and the Spanish posters who remain are true Griz fans who may have a different opinion than yourself. Quit trying to alienate more fans by questioning their allegiance because you don't agree with them. And pay attention to the bold section quoted above and see if there is a bit of hypocrisy going on.

Rubio Skips Wolves Press Conference

His agent is steering him in the WRONG direction and NOT gaining any fans.

Fegan is playing a very dangerous game here. It didn't work well with Yi, and it's not looking too great for Rubio now. I wish no ill will on Rubio, but I hope for the sake of keeping annoying agents like Fegan in check that they can't work out any deal and that Rubio either stays in Spain or plays in Minnesota. It sets a dangerous precedent if the agents are able to steer top international draft picks to large markets while screwing small market teams...

YO

bro,

I know I disagree with everything you say, but come on. this is completely ridiculous.

so what if these guys are on these boards. they have been here for years and it is part of their "internet routine."

i am glad to have some European blood on the boards, it makes discussion more worldly and sometimes more accountable.

If you have never been to Spain, you should go. It is an awesome country with great people.

Sure, they love the Gasols and the rest of the Spanish player - why shouldn't they? and why shouldn't they pull for pau to win a title or for the grizzlies to succeed ? Many of the Spanish posters on this board will continue to pull for Pau and other Spaniards. But, when those guys retire or most of these guys will still pull for the Grizzlies. Remember they are also Grizzlies fans....

Yes they are biased - but so what...you are biased too.

The NBA is a new phenomena for European fans.

I like European basketball, and next time I travel to Europe I would love to attend a euro-league game. That would be freakin' awesome.

unlike you who completely bashes euro ball...

open up your mind a little bit.

The word out in Spanish media is that a Deal with the knicks is being discussed very seriously.... this may have something to do with it. It involves Nate and Lee, maybe in a Sing&Trade situation. I don't know any more details, but it doesn't seem the usual out of nowhere rumors they use to make up.

Oh I realize he is trying to get to NY, but if we would have selected him and these same things happened, it would have been a flat out disaster. The knicks have no assets to offer the Grizz period.

As far as a sign and trade with Lee, the Wolves have Kevin Love and Al Jeffersoin so why would they obtain Lee? As I said before, things just seemed too complicated around Rubio for me. The Grizz franchise would be in big trouble if we would have selected him and the same thing happens.

Fegan is playing a very dangerous game here. It didn't work well with Yi, and it's not looking too great for Rubio now. I wish no ill will on Rubio, but I hope for the sake of keeping annoying agents like Fegan in check that they can't work out any deal and that Rubio either stays in Spain or plays in Minnesota. It sets a dangerous precedent if the agents are able to steer top international draft picks to large markets while screwing small market teams...

Agreed.