Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

2009 NBA Playoffs

Anyone care to share their first round playoff picks?

I'll give you the whole thing besides the champ...

Round 1 winners:

Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta

LAL, New Orleans, Dallas, Portland

Round 2 winners:

Cleveland, Orlando

LAL, New Orleans

Round 3 winners:

Cleveland

Los Angeles

All the home teams from the east shoud move on -- CLE, ORL, BOS, ATL

In the west, the only upset I see is DAL over SA -- DAL, LA, POR, DEN

Los Angeles over Utah

Denver over New Orleans

San Antonio over Dallas

Portland over Houston

Cleveland over Detroit

Boston over Chicago

Orlando over Philadelphia

Miami over Atlanta

I have exact same picks as Grizzle for R1 except I believe Denver will upset NO, as much as I love the Hornets these days.

Look at the season series of Denver and NO and you might think they're screwed (especailly their last game in March - a blowout for the Nuggets).

Oops, I meant to say CHI over BOS. Yeah, that's it. ;)

Actually, without KG, these teams are pretty even. Plus, CHI is one year removed from the playoffs. This should be fun series.

That game today shows why this is the best time of year (in addition to the weather). I love playoff basketball.

Rose is a post season beast. Should not be a shock to Memphis fans though.

36/11 vs. the 1st team All NBA defense PG. :blink:

I am surprised at how many people are picking Portland to beat Houston. Now don't get me wrong I like them in the regular season but we all should know an impressive regular season does not equal playoff success.

I am surprised at how many people are picking Portland to beat Houston. Now don't get me wrong I like them in the regular season but we all should know an impressive regular season does not equal playoff success.

Yeah I thought about it a little bit more after I posted it.

Even though Portland IMO is more talented than Houston, the Rockets have battle tested players. Yao has been knocked out of the playoffs a lot. Ron Artest is a playoff tested veteran and it isn't Battier's first rodeo either.

Though the Blazers are a nice story, they do not have playoff experience and it is going to be extrememly difficult for them to win this series.

San Antonio/Dallas is going to be one helluva series, IMO. I wasn't able to watch Boston and Chicago, unfortunately. I would have loved to see Rose light it up.

I'm looking forward to watching the Denver/New Orleans series. That one is going to be a fun one.

I didn't see any Tigers game, so Rose is new to me.

What a show !

( Derrick Rose Highlights vs Celtics Game 1 NBA Playoffs 2009 HD )

Yeah I thought about it a little bit more after I posted it.

Even though Portland IMO is more talented than Houston, the Rockets have battle tested players. Yao has been knocked out of the playoffs a lot. Ron Artest is a playoff tested veteran and it isn't Battier's first rodeo either.

Though the Blazers are a nice story, they do not have playoff experience and it is going to be extrememly difficult for them to win this series.

I think Portland will need to get better talent to win in the playoffs. They remind me of the grizzlies when they first made the playoffs. Though the 03-04 grizzlies were probably more talented then this years portland team

I think Portland will need to get better talent to win in the playoffs. They remind me of the grizzlies when they first made the playoffs. Though the 03-04 grizzlies were probably more talented then this years portland team

They have something that our 03-04 team did not have. A superstar.

None of our players were anything CLOSE to Brandon Roy.

And the slight difference will be the fact that the Blazers will win ATLEAST two games in this series.

Hell they could still win this series.

My prediction is:

Lakers, Portland, Dallas and Denver

Cleveland, Boston, Orlando and Miami.

Lakers and Dallas

Cleveland and Orlando

Lakers -Cleveland and the champions in the 7th game.

man, is anybody watching this hawks/heat game? the hawks are putting on a SHOW!!!!

Awesome atmosphere, makes me sad we dont havn't had a playoff game in years...atl is hungry, their crowd is exploding, looks really awesome. DWade is wishing he had a teamate at this point. Jermaine O'Neal looks lost, Beasley is taking 3's (WTF??)....

They have something that our 03-04 team did not have. A superstar.

None of our players were anything CLOSE to Brandon Roy.

And the slight difference will be the fact that the Blazers will win ATLEAST two games in this series.

Hell they could still win this series.

What in your opinion makes Brandon Roy a superstar? I think he is a great player but his rise to superstar status seems to be as much spoonfed to us by the league as it is based on our own opinions. Plus I would like to see how he does in the playoffs before I consider him a superstar.

I don't know if I see them winning more then one. They have two starting quality players and the rest of the team is filled with talented bench players. Houston has better talent.

What in your opinion makes Brandon Roy a superstar? I think he is a great player but his rise to superstar status seems to be as much spoonfed to us by the league as it is based on our own opinions. Plus I would like to see how he does in the playoffs before I consider him a superstar.

I don't know if I see them winning more then one. They have two starting quality players and the rest of the team is filled with talented bench players. Houston has better talent.

I think that being ROY and then appearing in back-to-back all star games suggests that he is at the very least on the verge of superstardom. He also has a knack of performing like an superstar in closing out games. I agree that how one performs in the playoff matters, but it's not the only thing that matters. Consider Melo or TMac, neither of whom have ever made out of the first round of the playoffs.

I'm not so sure if the difference between Houston and Portland is talent. I think experience has more to do with it. Also, defense, which usually matters more in the playoffs.

In any event, you're probably right about this series. I guess I didn't think enough about it. But this is the perfect opportunity for Houston to finally get out of the first round.

I just want to note that the Bulls are playing Rose, Hinrich and Gordon at the same time. All 6'3.

this board is FULLLLLLLLLL of ben gordon haters. Bulls are playing great, and with those 3 guys you are gonna be hardpressed to find a night when ONE of them doesnt have it going, tonight its gordon.

man this is a great game. Love to see a game decided by buckets being made and not crapt like D-Wade football driving into the lane wildy and flaliling and shooting 40 FT's a game.

so far no one is leading 2-0. I can bet you at least one team will do that tonight though.

this could be a very interesting playoffs if the lakers and cavs lose any games, because the playing field seems quite level in each other series.

Dikembe Mutombo says his career is over due to the devastating knee injury suffered on Tuesday night.

"For me, basketball is over," he said. "Nobody ever thought they'd be carrying the big guy out like a wounded soldier," he said. Mutombo's 18-year career, which was mostly injury-free, came to an end last night when his left knee buckled. It's been called a patellar tendon tear, although that's yet to be confirmed by the Rockets.

Total bummer about Mutombo. The guy is such a warrior. I hate to see him go out like that.

42 points on 15/27 shooting 2/3 from 3 and 1o/12 from the line.

That's how you put a team on your back and lead them to victory.