Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zack

mihm to griz

106 posts in this topic

Lets just see what happens tommorrow and in the draft and offseason... Chris Wallace is in an eviable position... If he takes advantage of it this team could have a new starting pf and a better bench with shooters.... This team could be loaded with talent... Mihm, Haddadi, Buckner, Ross and Miles could be gone this summer... Lowry and Hak too... :lol:

Probably because we are working on our 3rd 22 win season and the organization is not making basketball related moves.

His team, he can watch it suck I guess.

Well it's obviously not a basketball related move, but still, how does that explain the reaction? People are acting like making small financial trades means that we'll never see another basketball trade again. I mean, minor deals happen. Would folks like it more if they just didn't report on these things?

Well it's obviously not a basketball related move, but still, how does that explain the reaction? People are acting like making small financial trades means that we'll never see another basketball trade again. I mean, minor deals happen. Would folks like it more if they just didn't report on these things?

Yes..........someone wake me when this organization finally makes a "basketball related move".

any possibility we still have our '18 and '19 second round picks left to package with haddadi to make a deal phoenix can't refuse for barbosa??? BREAKING NEWS: grizz get jake tsakalidas from lakers...... wait, that wasnt big jake was it? HOW ABOUT A TRADE THAT IS REMOTELY POSITIVE TO THE ON-COURT PLAY OF THIS TEAM!!!!! AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

if the suns are talking about letting barbosa go for nothin then give em something to keep them open to the trade, barb would help our team alot and it's crap to say we're in the drivers seat, last time i checked they had the talent to unload, not us.

Hopefully us doing these favors to other teams will come back around to us someday.

www.grizzfan.com

does the good guy or nice guy ever win??

YO

HOW ABOUT A TRADE THAT IS REMOTELY POSITIVE TO THE ON-COURT PLAY OF THIS TEAM!!!!! AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

dude, this is a money move that doesn't have an affect on our on the court product.

the grizzlies were going to be crappy this year anyway; and move the team may make will not change that.

this organization has made several moves such as the recent mihm deal. the front office is making efforts to make money and a team that is breaking even is a team that is doing pretty good in a market like memphis.

these moves are a good thing; even if the fans don't see on the court improvements.

moves like the mihm deal will keep the grizzlies in memphis.

sometimes you have to work different angles when you are having problems drawing fans; kudos to the front offce.

and remember - the team was going to suck this year; look at the west. be patient stay positive and be fan. thats all we can do is hope and believe...

What nba team has ever signed and bought out 3 players in one year, for no reason at all...maybe heisely could spend his energy on getting us a free agent that fits a need...

YO

Yeah, because there are tons of free agents worth signing that are out there right now! All of these contracts are gone in the offseason, so the only free agents we could sign are scrubs not on any rosters right now.

The Grizzlies are likely to consummate one or two more financial-related trades between now and the league's trade deadline Thursday at 2 p.m.

SWEET! I think I may be too excited to sleep tonight! <_<

I used to play the 2k series on PS. If still did, playing with my Grizz franchise, it would be a real pain keeping up with all these roster moves! At least I would have enough extra money left over to unlock all the cool rugs and credenzas in my "crib".

dude, this is a money move that doesn't have an affect on our on the court product.

the grizzlies were going to be crappy this year anyway; and move the team may make will not change that.

this organization has made several moves such as the recent mihm deal. the front office is making efforts to make money and a team that is breaking even is a team that is doing pretty good in a market like memphis.

these moves are a good thing; even if the fans don't see on the court improvements.

moves like the mihm deal will keep the grizzlies in memphis.sometimes you have to work different angles when you are having problems drawing fans; kudos to the front offce.

and remember - the team was going to suck this year; look at the west. be patient stay positive and be fan. thats all we can do is hope and believe...

That's been my opinion as well. Moves that make profits in the short run are good for the organization. I'm fine with lots of these kind of trades and finishing the year with our current roster. There are a couple things I'd like on the team, but we were unlikely to get them. (The rumored Cook trade would have been outstanding. The Barbosa trade is alright, but could hurt us in the long run.)

I see 4 pages worth of complaint-a-day toilet paper users here....

If somebody's going to pay you $99 to take a $59 ipod that doesn't work, do you do the deal or say "my friends will call me stupid if I do, so no thanks".

If we trade Marc Gasol for Chris Mihm, then you have something to complain about.

If somebody's going to pay you $99 to take a $59 ipod that doesn't work, do you do the deal or say "my friends will call me stupid if I do, so no thanks".

If we trade Marc Gasol for Chris Mihm, then you have something to complain about.

I agree.

I do wonder if mihm will allow more darko/Gasol combos going forward

or not

mihm will be cut before his plane lands in memphis...

why? we still are weak on bigs...... Mihm is a veteran C with size

I wouldn't bet money that he plays... but it wouldn't surprise me either

Ok. This is not what it is about. This organization has a big image problem. Since trading Gasol, it appears they care **** about winning and only about the bottom line. Now to all you on this message board who have almost no plan to purchase any tickets...no problemo for you. However, the paying customers would probably like for the team to try to build a team or at least slow down on whoring out their capspace.

Ok. This is not what it is about. This organization has a big image problem. Since trading Gasol, it appears they care **** about winning and only about the bottom line. Now to all you on this message board who have almost no plan to purchase any tickets...no problemo for you. However, the paying customers would probably like for the team to try to build a team or at least slow down on whoring out their capspace.

I would go to every game if 1) I could afford it and mostly 2) if it wasnt a 4 hour drive for me.

As a fan.. winning is always an issue. I watch every game that i can on the net or tv. But I also suffered through the Titans losing years. I benefited from that patience. Will the grizz repay that? Maybe not... but I enjoy games more with that frame of mind and am happier for it.

I think it is not that simple. Some of it is the economy. This is not 1999 anymore. EVERY team and every industry for that matter is scaling back. The grizzlies were ahead of the curve.

Oh, put a sock in it.

This city has a self-image problem. I could care less what the rest of the league or the media thinks about the Grizzlies. We're not the only ones pulling deals like this.

My ipod analogy is irrefutable so you resort to ad hominem attacks towards certain message board contributors. You can take your "non ticket holders' opinions don't count" BS and go sit in a corner. Shame on you, X. You're better than to pull that garbage.

its silly to expect that heisley is going to bring in more talented players right now. for one, we have no trade assets. two, we're not going anywhere this year anyway. three, we have to watch our salary for when the big fish become available this summer and next. i understand being impatient with all the losing thats going on, but dont hold your breath for any big deals this year. that seems like the main reason people are upset.

its silly to expect that heisley is going to bring in more talented players right now. for one, we have no trade assets. two, we're not going anywhere this year anyway. three, we have to watch our salary for when the big fish become available this summer and next. i understand being impatient with all the losing thats going on, but dont hold your breath for any big deals this year. that seems like the main reason people are upset.

No its more so that all are trades are just purely money and we never get any actually assets or basketball help. I mean the timberwolves got a 1st round pick from Philly for taking Rodney Carney and Calvin Booths salaries off their hands so they could sign Elton Brand, they got another first round from Miami for taking Walkers and Doleacs contracts. Oklahoma City got a 1st rounder in the Kurt Thomas trade. I mean if these teams want salary relief so much then I dont see why we dont demand protected 1st round picks or even 2nd round picks for taking on these contracts. We b/c it would cost us money to use those picks and that why I get mad not b/c I think its stupid to be finacially responsible but there is a big difference between being finacially responsible and just not caring about winning and putting a good team together.

Even look at the pick we got from LA in 2010, does everyone realize its top 6 protected! I know there is probably no chance that it will be that high but you never know in the NBA with injuries b/c if somehow Kobe went down they would be screwed and say Pau got hurt too. The Thunder got an unprotected 1st rounder for the Kurt Thomas trade and we cant even get an unprotected pick for Pau Gasol! And even though it really isnt a big deal I just hate how it seems we never get the upper hand or an advantage in any trade we do, even when we are giving up the bigger asset.