Sign in to follow this  
MemphisX

Mike Conley Jr. - Team Leader?

where the hell is everyone that wanted to trade Conley. where u at. cause i'm not feeling you people. you really trip me out. conley didnt have a chance with most of you. heck i hope he gets traded just to ***** yall off. yall still got kyle tho!

So what's that your smoking? Cuz I want some now....

Two weeks ago, Conley wasn't driving or dishing, and he isn't an outstanding outside shooter. He is one of the fastest PG's I've ever seen, but until he started using that speed for something useful, it didn't look like he was going anywhere.

I am still worried about the combined size of Mayo and Conley. We will always be facing some matchup problems. If Conley uses his speed, and Mayo uses his acceleration like they've been doing lately, we'll give as many matchup problems as we get though. Even in the first several losses under Hollins, this looked like a different team, and I'm really interested in seeing where some of these players are going now.

This doesn't mean I think Conley is our long term answer, but based on recent performance, I'm certainly willing to give him a longer look.

Two weeks ago, Conley wasn't driving or dishing, and he isn't an outstanding outside shooter. He is one of the fastest PG's I've ever seen, but until he started using that speed for something useful, it didn't look like he was going anywhere.

I am still worried about the combined size of Mayo and Conley. We will always be facing some matchup problems. If Conley uses his speed, and Mayo uses his acceleration like they've been doing lately, we'll give as many matchup problems as we get though. Even in the first several losses under Hollins, this looked like a different team, and I'm really interested in seeing where some of these players are going now.

This doesn't mean I think Conley is our long term answer, but based on recent performance, I'm certainly willing to give him a longer look.

Great 100th post! You are now exempt from the "100 post rule." B)

I wasn't embarrassed to be a Conley supporter before but all these "i told you so threads" are getting me that way.

I TOLD YOU SO!!! I'll be saying the same thing about my EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyler Hansbrough next year. I bet none of you even know Tyler bench presses 330lbs

Note from MOD -> Don't know OR Care where you THOUGHT you were BUT -> THIS is NOT the place that you can just say what you want with total disregard for the rules. To you sir I bid goodnight.

I TOLD YOU SO!!! I'll be saying the same thing about my EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyler Hansbrough next year. I bet none of you even know Tyler bench presses 330lbs

Note from MOD -> Don't know OR Care where you THOUGHT you were BUT -> THIS is NOT the place that you can just say what you want with total disregard for the rules. To you sir I bid goodnight.

tyson-eats-children.jpg

where the hell is everyone that wanted to trade Conley. where u at. cause i'm not feeling you people. you really trip me out. conley didnt have a chance with most of you. heck i hope he gets traded just to ***** yall off. yall still got kyle tho!

I'm right here buddy.

The Ivy-led Conley looked like a chicken with his head cut off. I was ready to give up on him. He looked lost, scared, and intimidated. Tell me he didn't.

Before the season, I was looking forward to some Run GMC. Then it became Limp GMC. Weak GMC. No ball movement GMC. Embarrassing GMC.

Hollins has resurrected him, in terms of his Memphis career.

You know it sure is amazing what a coaching change can do for a player.

Can anyone honestly disagree with the idea that Ivy was holding Conley back now after these last several games under Hollins? Hell even Johnny Davis. It's not even comparable.

Conley haters can go crawl in a hole.

You know it sure is amazing what a coaching change can do for a player.

Can anyone honestly disagree with the idea that Ivy was holding Conley back now after these last several games under Hollins? Hell even Johnny Davis. It's not even comparable.

Conley haters can go crawl in a hole.

Hahahahaha

The bandwagon haters are gone. Only few left are those of us that have independent opinions of his past/recent play and future potental and fit with the team.

He's played alot better as of late. On a per minute basis only his assists have gone up. But that is still good. I like his willingness to push the ball even if it means a turnover. He's attacked the basket at probably a double rate. He's using his quickness on defense more to get steal opportunitys. His better play is noticeable.

He's also still shown that he's a bad matchup against the bigger guards like billups and baron. That likely won't change.

I'm still concerned about his shooting. He can make WIDE open jumpers sometimes. I don't believe he can make contested jumpers consistently.

His trade value went up. That's a good thing.

He is the player now he should have been at the first of the season.

He went from bum to 4th best PG in his class and now is looking to overtake Aaron brooks for the 3rd best. Will have trouble being better than sessions or stuckey this year. Maybe next year.

I'm still in favor of trading him. Him playing bad when the PG spot was an open competition only to play better when a new coach guarantees him minutes doesn't excite me. Shows lack of fire and competition. Everything in life can't be given to you.

The countdown to him breaking stocktons assist record is on. :)

Hahahahaha

The bandwagon haters are gone. Only few left are those of us that have independent opinions of his past/recent play and future potental and fit with the team.

He's played alot better as of late. On a per minute basis only his assists have gone up. But that is still good. I like his willingness to push the ball even if it means a turnover. He's attacked the basket at probably a double rate. He's using his quickness on defense more to get steal opportunitys. His better play is noticeable.

He's also still shown that he's a bad matchup against the bigger guards like billups and baron. That likely won't change.

I'm still concerned about his shooting. He can make WIDE open jumpers sometimes. I don't believe he can make contested jumpers consistently.

His trade value went up. That's a good thing.

He is the player now he should have been at the first of the season.

He went from bum to 4th best PG in his class and now is looking to overtake Aaron brooks for the 3rd best. Will have trouble being better than sessions or stuckey this year. Maybe next year.

I'm still in favor of trading him. Him playing bad when the PG spot was an open competition only to play better when a new coach guarantees him minutes doesn't excite me. Shows lack of fire and competition. Everything in life can't be given to you.

The countdown to him breaking stocktons assist record is on. :)

LOL Zac, always a Debbie Downer man. Haha.

BTW, how goes things man??

LOL Zac, always a Debbie Downer man. Haha.

BTW, how goes things man??

Busy. Working 12 hour days. Go to Germany next week (and will miss the much anticipated blazer game. Go miles!!!!!!)

If it wasn't for my iPhone I wouldn't be able to read the board at work. Technology is great.

Busy. Working 12 hour days. Go to Germany next week (and will miss the much anticipated blazer game. Go miles!!!!!!)

If it wasn't for my iPhone I wouldn't be able to read the board at work. Technology is great.

Bummer, but CONGRATS on the new job and high roller status my friend. And yes, the iPhone is a lifesaver. Have a great time in Germany man, im envious!

ouch gf... glad we did not trade mike for 2nd rounder and cash.. slim.

And people say I am rude. That post was from 2009 Slim. You don't forget things. I hope you never hold a grudge like that against me.

Besides, we already have 3 second round draft picks this year.

Wow!!! Super thread necro! :D

On topic though, as a guy who killed MC for years, i have never been happier to eat crow and say that I am impressed at his growth and can now say he has turned into a pretty darn good pg. He has stepped his game up since the Rudy trade. I am loving the production and I am glad he is starting to look for and take his shot. We will need him avg. 15-16 a game at least from here on out.

whatever happened to zach? He's probably rooting for Toronto now that Lowry plays there.

Zack is living in Houston, working for Exxon and still following the Grizzlies and still believing they made a mistake trading Lowry instead of Conley.

John Wall was asked if Russell Westbrook is the fastest player in the NBA.

“No, I'm going to say myself,” Wall said after shooting just 3-for-18 from the field in the Wizards' 103-80 loss to OKC on Wednesday.

Wall couldn’t say for certain that Westbrook was the league's second-fastest player.

“It's tough man,” said Wall. “There's a couple fast guys in this league. He (Westbrook) is up there, Derrick (Rose) is up there, when he's healthy. Mike Conley's pretty quick. There's a couple guys. Ty Lawson's quick. So there's a lot of guys, but I put myself first.”

Conley is the man. He should be selected for the NBA skills challenge next allstar game. And maybe, who knows, an allstar reserve slot??? B) I had it wrong about Conley from day 1. It's like the Highlander Quickening, each time he outplayed guys and remained on Grizzlies he absorbed their powers. THERE CAN BE ONLY 1!