Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K.Kenteris

All Star GASOL

138 posts in this topic

I'm sure I'm not the first person in this thread to say this (I'm just too lazy to look) but why is this in NBA talk and not Grizzlies team talk? He is a Grizzly, ain't he?

It's because it was originally about Pau! :lol:

He was a grizzly too -_-

you're only allowed to talk about current grizz players in team talk according to the forum police. they've calmed down this year for some reason though

yeah the refs did keep it close but I think you have to give credit to the Spanish team - they played their hearts out. for 3 quarters they were right there with them even though the refs cut them a break here and there it was really about superior performances and once in a lifetime performances from Pau and JCN.

http://basketball.re...ght_To_Takeover

Wow. The subtext here is that Pau Gasol in relation to the Lakers does not really factor as a franchise player. I'm not saying the Lakers should be Pau's team NOW. I'm saying when Kobe steps down (as he should already have begun doing as his value has steeply decreased), the role of team leader would fall by seniority and ability to Pau. Instead he says he will start taking in an outsider with a 1 year rental contract under his wing to be his successor (one who has never actual himself tasted success professionally) in spite of Pau who helped bring Kobe and the Lakers 2 trophies and kept them relevant despite all Kobe has done to tarnish their image over the decades.

Honestly wouldn't mind bringing back Gasol here when his contract is done in LA (2014) and let him play out for the vet min here to see if he and brother Marc can bring us back-to-back trophies - especially with Dwight in charge of another dysfunctional Lakers team in 2014. Would be poetic justice for Pau and the Grizz. I'm wondering if Kobe has actually already checked out on LA or he's just ignorant?

http://basketball.re...ght_To_Takeover

Wow. The subtext here is that Pau Gasol in relation to the Lakers does not really factor as a franchise player. I'm not saying the Lakers should be Pau's team NOW. I'm saying when Kobe steps down (as he should already have begun doing as his value has steeply decreased), the role of team leader would fall by seniority and ability to Pau. Instead he says he will start taking in an outsider with a 1 year rental contract under his wing to be his successor (one who has never actual himself tasted success professionally) in spite of Pau who helped bring Kobe and the Lakers 2 trophies and kept them relevant despite all Kobe has done to tarnish their image over the decades.

Honestly wouldn't mind bringing back Gasol here when his contract is done in LA (2014) and let him play out for the vet min here to see if he and brother Marc can bring us back-to-back trophies - especially with Dwight in charge of another dysfunctional Lakers team in 2014. Would be poetic justice for Pau and the Grizz. I'm wondering if Kobe has actually already checked out on LA or he's just ignorant?

I´d thought this post was about Marc!!!

Or maybe you are..... KKenteris? ^_^