Sign in to follow this  
K.Kenteris

All Star GASOL

Lakers anoted that an offers Grizzlies a 7 foot TOUGH Andrew Bynum for the second pick :o:blink:

Sorry - that one didn't translate well. If you're saying the Lakers offered Bynum for #2, hell no thank you. Don't want anything to do with Bynum's bad knees and bad contract.

Just for the record, I want the Grizz to draft and keep Rubio.

"First of all, I got traded for Shaq. He got traded for Kwame Brown to the Lakers." :blink::blink:

-- Lamar Odom, sitting at the podium next to Pau Gasol one year removed from the pounding he and Pau absorbed from the Boston Celtics' front line, when asked how it felt to be a champion now after both had been discarded by Miami and Memphis, respectively.

anillo

No, not what Kobe gave to his wife after the Colorado incident - what it means to go down like a prom date every time Dwight Howard comes within 2 feet of you.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Chris Wallace has been the key to the last 2 NBA champions. First, he left Boston, enabling them to get to championship status. Then he gave Pau to the Lakers, helping LA reach that milestone!

Let's give credit where credit is due. Chris Wallace has been the key to the last 2 NBA champions. First, he left Boston, enabling them to get to championship status. Then he gave Pau to the Lakers, helping LA reach that milestone!

You mean Heisley? And yeah, I do give Chris Wallace credit for pulling together the assets to make the Garnett and Allen deals happen.

You mean Heisley? And yeah, I do give Chris Wallace credit for pulling together the assets to make the Garnett and Allen deals happen.

Face it, if Chris Wallace would not have left Boston, they never would have won the championship (Wallace would not have traded Al Jefferson), and if he had never came here, the Laker would not have won the championship. Chris Wallace is one of the most powerful forces in NBA baskerball, today! :lol:

What I think is amazing is that if Pau had never played in Memphis there would be multiple "should we gut the team to get Pau Gasol?" threads popping up everywhere. I can already see the arguments--"he's the best finisher in the league, he's a great shot blocker, he's the force we've always needed at the 4".

Just goes to show you that success in the NBA is not based on the sum of the individual talents of the players on a team but rather how the talent you have fits together to build a cohesive unit. In other words, Dave Berri is full of crap.

+2

I think exactly that everytime I read a post asking Heisley to shell out money for bosh (or Z Bo, or Kaman, or ...)

He leads the Grizz to a 50 win season and he not an all-NBA player. He gets with Kobe and the big-market Lakers and he's among the NBA's best. <_<

He leads the Grizz to a 50 win season and he not an all-NBA player. He gets with Kobe and the big-market Lakers and he's among the NBA's best. <_<

Apart from the usual "location, location..." invocations, I suppose it was kind of hard for big media nationwide to present Pau as an All-NBA player when a siginificant portion of his own fanbase felt dissatisfied with the guy's production on court (yes, even before the 22-win seasons).

No, not what Kobe gave to his wife after the Colorado incident - what it means to go down like a prom date every time Dwight Howard comes within 2 feet of you.

really? 2-3 times in 5 games (and every one were obvious fouls)? Anyway, if you are happier thinking he is a soft european flopper, good for you and your illusion world.

Howard, he was the best player of Orlando.

Howard is a great player, the best of Orlando, but in these series he has not showed it.

Gasol single-covered Howard on 38 possessions. Howard did not score from the field on any of them.

Mark Jackson:

"If I were a Magic big man I would ask Pau Gasol if he had a big man camp I could attend over the summer."

But go on thinking the problem was Pau or whoever you want to hate, Grizz results season after season give you the reason.

It's still funny listening to people saying Pau was not the man, didn't carry the team.... where the hell you want to carry this team?, you wanted him to carry the team to the ring?, to the finals?, you mean the Grizzlies?!, you mean: Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Jason Williams, Lorenzen Wright, Stromile Swift.... ?. Kobe needed Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Derek Fisher..... to finally get a ring without Shaq (the most dominant player in last 10 years). You mean KG would have carried this Grizzlies team anywhere?, the same KG who needed Ray Allen and Paul Pierce to finally get it?.

You got what you deserved in that trade: you thought he's crap, you got crap.

saludos

you obviously weren't around between the years Shane, Jason Williams, and Stromile left town the first time.

Pau was still one of the best in the world and FIBA 2006 MVP, but he was disgruntled and our team was tanking with him and his broken foot.

He was tired of poor management as all of us fans had been since the Eddie Jones trade did not really improve the team. Luckily he could move up in the world. We were stuck in REVERSE until that happened. It was terrible we didn't get a good trade but nobody else seemed willing to take on his max contract in time for us not to rebuild...

The franchise was going backwards fast.

Now you see Gasol has moved on to great things.

We should be too now that we have room for growth (cap$$$$pace) that no other team has in the league.

Gasol is currently #3 center in the leauge behind Howard and Kaman only... regardless of Dampier's 20 rebounds last night :P

Gasol is currently #3 center in the leauge behind Howard and Kaman only... regardless of Dampier's 20 rebounds last night :P

In the west will fight with Kaman for a spot ?