Sign in to follow this  
K.Kenteris

All Star GASOL

Not to bring this back, but you did read the coverage where Pau said that he had lost his enthusiasm during his last months in Memphis and, due to frustration with the process, wasn't giving his best effort? I don't blame him for being mismanaged. I'm just giving clarity to what was stated.

So let me edit my previous answer. I will only use a bold font to highlight the text, cause I think you didn't read it well:

Cmon, man, I'm sure you know that's not fair at all. The fact that Pau's style of playing basketball makes most of you think he's "soft" does not mean he didn't do his best while playing for the Grizzlies (at least, for most of the time he spent here). I understand that the trade was not fair at all and that he's now playing for (probably) the best team in the world. But that should not be the reason to criticize him, but to criticize those who accepted the robbery.

I agree with you on everything else. Kkenteris opened this thread just to remind us of a trade that's now 1 year old. Why so many Pau fanboys can't just move on and let the Grizz fans alone? After all, he's doing well now, really well. You shouldn't even care...

Cheers

Mark is playing very well this last few games, maybe the best...

Oh I understand the intended purpose of the thread. Hopefully his bump will allow this thread to be locked.

Nope. :lol:

Bumping only keeps it alive. :lol:

I knew this thread would be up when I woke up this morning. Congrats Pau! Even Jerry West said you didn't give this effort in Memphis. It took you clearly being a 2nd option and letting Kobe yell at you and test your manhood in front of the whole world. The Lakers have been my team since "Showtime," but I guess that's why you were traded, no effort for the team that made you. That's the difference between Pau and Kobe.

Congrats Gasol !!!!

Great picture of Pau holding Kobe's trophy.

Seriously though, I always said Pau was one of the best 2nd/3rd options in the league. Put him next to someone willing to lead a team and he would excel. Looks like that's the case. :) All bitterness and kidding aside, well done Pau.

What I think is amazing is that if Pau had never played in Memphis there would be multiple "should we gut the team to get Pau Gasol?" threads popping up everywhere. I can already see the arguments--"he's the best finisher in the league, he's a great shot blocker, he's the force we've always needed at the 4".

Just goes to show you that success in the NBA is not based on the sum of the individual talents of the players on a team but rather how the talent you have fits together to build a cohesive unit. In other words, Dave Berri is full of crap.

What I think is amazing is that if Pau had never played in Memphis there would be multiple "should we gut the team to get Pau Gasol?" threads popping up everywhere. I can already see the arguments--"he's the best finisher in the league, he's a great shot blocker, he's the force we've always needed at the 4".

Just goes to show you that success in the NBA is not based on the sum of the individual talents of the players on a team but rather how the talent you have fits together to build a cohesive unit. In other words, Dave Berri is full of crap.

+1

Flopping is only a skill in the WNBA or futbol. NBA should return to the days of no blood/no foul.

Lakers anoted that an offers Grizzlies a 7 foot TOUGH Andrew Bynum for the second pick :o:blink: