Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellonwheels1

Another loss on Rudy

LOULOU    0

Man I can't stand FAKE FANS! So if we woulda beat the lakers you'd act like you were the best Grizz fan in the world! Get away You fake fan!

f-dizzle    0
NO POINTS IN THE 4th quarter and just a unbelievable stupid shot because Rudy's afraid to go to the basket

I gotta an idea! Let's trade Rudy for expiring contracts and draft picks to the Lakers. Then let's watch them win the next 5 NBA championships. :rolleyes:

BnaBreaker    0
Whats stupid about it? Point of thread is I think Rudy cost us another game and what?

So, say I think ****ing Elvis cost us the basketball game. Should I make a thread about it? Not only that, should I make a thread about it after EVERY SINGLE FREAKING LOSS?!?

I don't care if you thought this up in your head. Maybe thinking is a special event worth celebrating for you. I don't know. But as far as this particular "thought" is concerned, it's a stupid thought, it's a poorly thought out thought, and it doesn't deserve to be made into a thread once, much less five times.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a player, but for the love of god, if it's not even accurate or valid or original criticism, and this fits all three criteria, then just keep it to your **** self and stop whining.

I thought you were leaving?

NO POINTS IN THE 4th quarter and just a unbelievable stupid shot because Rudy's afraid to go to the basket

Yeah, so let's just forget those other times when he helped carry us in the 4th. Let's totally ignore his 23 pts helped keep us in this game in the first place. Anyway, I thought Rudy was a ballhog, people should be happy he didn't take a shot right? He's not the franchise player anyway so why should he be taking shots?

f-dizzle    0

Kobe had five turnovers, but did he hesitate to take the shot? There was no way in hell OJ was getting that ball on the last play, Rudy had to shoot it.

Thank You, **** someone speaks the truth. The guys love them some Rudy Gay, ****.

NOTE FROM MOD :

Please let me see ONE more post from YOU with * <- THAT mark in it and I am gonna send ya !

(note to the old heads : keep 'em clean guys ...)

For real .

You have every right to post what your thoughts are ( using the term thoughts VERY loosely here)

and we have every right to IGNORE these threads ( hint ;))

BUT when you cross a line in here ...

That's where I exercise MY rights !

-Toke

Cool ?

Do you know the owner who out there is worth signing - I love people that think we should pay someone just to pay thats why the franchise became what it is stupid contracts. Smart decisions in the draft and good financial decisions in free agency is how you do like the Spurs and win

The Spurs suffered through quite a few bad seasons before they became a top notch team.

Rudy made a bonehead move and shot he still had a great game. But name me someone who can stop Kobe??? Go ahead I'll wait. Also Ivy got schooled by Phil in the end. This loss was more bad coaching and having the wrong players in at the time.

You use that example of of "who can guard Kobe", well, who can out coach Phil? Why don't you give the same break to Ivy that you give to Rudy?

HPTMatt    0
Isn't time for you to let your mom use the computer so you can get a new "uncle"?

daaaaaaaannnnnggggg....X comin' down from the top turnbuckle with the folding chair!! :lol:

And Grizzfan27 or whatever your mult is today, please stop. The Grizzlies lost this game to a much better team.

Oh. And Ivy is a moron. Forgot that part.

SC Grizz    0
Plays no defense, turns the ball over, takes stupid shots and plays no D late in games. HE CHOKES

You are just silly.

great game by our guys tonight. It was just too bad we couldn't pull out the win.

So, say I think ****ing Elvis cost us the basketball game. Should I make a thread about it? Not only that, should I make a thread about it after EVERY SINGLE FREAKING LOSS?!?

I don't care if you thought this up in your head. Maybe thinking is a special event worth celebrating for you. I don't know. But as far as this particular "thought" is concerned, it's a stupid thought, it's a poorly thought out thought, and it doesn't deserve to be made into a thread once, much less five times.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a player, but for the love of god, if it's not even accurate or valid or original criticism, and this fits all three criteria, then just keep it to your **** self and stop whining.

I thought you were leaving?

that's better. You made more sense with that post. good job

I swear to God.... :angry:

+1

this is absolute horse crap for real.

this was not a loss on rudy.

when you have rudy and mayo combining for 45 points, hak chipping in 14/4 along with darko and gasol in double digits and plenty of rebs,

this loss was on no one.

the win was on kobe.

the griz played a great game and despite losing both times, gave real contenders in the hornets and lakers a serious run for their money and displayed our ability to be in the playoff picture to to long from now. rudy did a great job tonight. all the griz did. nobody had a bad game, kobe just had a better one. thats why hes kobe.

we're missing one serious contributor to being in the playoff race and 2 pieces imo from being in the conference race. those plus a bench retooling and we're in a serious finals race and this is gearing up to be a good rivalry in the making between us and portland pretty soon.

doesnt seem hak will be around next year, but with his inspired off the bench play, and his determination to improve something every year, i think we'd be suckers to let him go. hes a great bench scorer and his D has improved alot. he makes big shots when theyre needed from far out and is forcing it less in the paint. he's also passing alot more as of the last 7 games it seems.

this thread is 100% garbage and anybody that agrees with the title is as well.

that was a great game!

CircleK83    0
Do you know the owner who out there is worth signing - I love people that think we should pay someone just to pay thats why the franchise became what it is stupid contracts. Smart decisions in the draft and good financial decisions in free agency is how you do like the Spurs and win

Run-on pointless sentences = wetoddid my friend. You may be hard, but not when it comes to basketball knowledge.

This is the most ridiculous thread I think I've seen on this board in at least an hour.

Pinning this loss on Rudy is laughable at best. Were any of the people on this board sitting behind our bench, or have a spot holed up cozy next to Coach Ivy's brain matter? For all any of us know, that could have been the play that Coach drew up for Rudy. He is our go-to guy in the coach's eyes, be it seniority or who was hotter that game, so he gets the ball. I felt comfortable with Rudy taking the shot because he has been shooting lights out during this homestand. Credit the Lakers for playing him close with great defense, the shot didnt go in. Most of the people sniping on this topic probably thought this would be a blowout, and the Grizz showed toughness and grit and fell apart in the last minute. I'll take it from the youngest team in the NBA with a smile on my face. It was a great game.

People that want Rudy traded are fools. There is no player we could get for him that is equal compensation or better, and if we used him as bait to get our scoring 4, people on here would complain that we didnt have a great 3/swingman. One piece at a time, folks.

Oh, and he's only in his 3rd season too.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a member of the Sunshine Patrol. I do not have a mancrush on Rudy Gay. I just think it is seriously warped to blame this loss on Rudy when he was most likely doing what the coach asked. If it comes out in the Commercial Appeal tomorrow that in a post-game interview that Rudy said "I did what I wanted to, I dont listen to the coach, I hate Jesus, puppies, kittens and the free world..."then and only then will you have a valid point about him being a problem for this team.

BnaBreaker    0
that's better. You made more sense with that post. good job

It's rather unfortunate for you though that you were too dense to grasp it the first several times around. I really shouldn't have had to sit you down and spell it out to you how idiotic this thread is.

just a random thought on a random thread....

kyle deserved to be in the 4th far sooner than when ivy put him in. far sooner. he played his tail off and we needed his aggressive play pushing the ball and making things happen. conley did not play bad, but kyle played better and we needed him out there.

slim.

gamecocks11    0
Plays no defense, turns the ball over, takes stupid shots and plays no D late in games. HE CHOKES

you try defending kobe bryant for a night and let me know how i goes

you want rudy to be the leader? then let him take shots, i'd rather have him taking shots than greg buckner

rudy is doing whatever he can to make this team win, sometimes it doesn't work out

don't be such a debbie downer after the griz played a great game against the best in the west

Iron Mike    0

THE GRIZZLIES ARE NOT EXPECTED TO WIN GAMES THIS SEASON AS THEY ARE STILL IN REBUILDING MODE. AND THERE YOU ARE COMPLAINING THAT WE LOST TO THE "LAKERS", ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW. ARGUABLY IN THE TOP 3, WITH THE GRIZZ IN THE BOTTOM 3.

ITS VERY LOGICAL TO SEE THAT WE HAD A VERY LOW CHANCE OF WINNING THE GAME AND WHAT RESULT THAT HAD TRANSPIRED IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE SHOCKED OFF.

PLEEEAAAASEEE USE YOUR HEAD. THE MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES IS NO TOP TIER BASKETBALL TEAM, YET. SO PLEASE DONT EXPECT A TEAM THAT CAN WIN 50 GAMES. (just like what i expected when it was gay + pau era)

*sorry if it had to be all-caps, my mind was in a situation of madness. dammit, i hope he finds another team to cheer. :P

f-dizzle    0

I know I'm eating crow on this one, but after watching replays of the game, Rudy was just standing there in the lane while Pau went for the rebound. Rudy should have forced a jump ball, but Pau (who is not that soft anymore) snatched it from Rudy and passed it to a wide open Kobe. C'mon Rudy. Be aggressive on defense. Lebron is even trying to play defense. You gotta take pride in your defense. Your my boy Rudy, but get the molasses out of your ***.

just a random thought on a random thread....

kyle deserved to be in the 4th far sooner than when ivy put him in. far sooner. he played his tail off and we needed his aggressive play pushing the ball and making things happen. conley did not play bad, but kyle played better and we needed him out there.

slim.

I was thinking the same thing at the game slim.

However, I can kinda understand why he would want Conley in since the intent was to have Mayo dominate the ball late in the game. Conley is a bit better shooter off the ball than Kyle..so if OJ passes off a double team, Conley is more likely to make the shot at this point.

But after a crucial turnover, Ivy went back to Conley dominating the ball and that's when Rudy did some damage and we lost the game.

Iavaroni actually has gotten into a decent rhythm managing Kyle and Mike's minutes at the point.

I was thinking about Rudy Gay - the player last night.

If anyone has ever seen this guy up close, he is an absolute jaw-dropping specimen of an athlete.

I know Lebron James and Ron Artest are probably the biggest SF's in the NBA..but Rudy Gay has to be in the top 5.

With his size, leaping ability and wingspan, he is virtually unguardable.

With that said, the fact that we can't use him in a Phoenix 4 style offense says a lot about his basketball acumen, softness and overall desire.

With his talent, skills, and physical stature, Rudy Gay should be dominating his position.

But he is lacking a lot of intangibles (those mentioned above) that may never allow him to.

He will still be a very good player in the NBA.

kfilament    0
I was thinking about Rudy Gay - the player last night.

If anyone has ever seen this guy up close, he is an absolute jaw-dropping specimen of an athlete.

I know Lebron James and Ron Artest are probably the biggest SF's in the NBA..but Rudy Gay has to be in the top 5.

With his size, leaping ability and wingspan, he is virtually unguardable.

With that said, the fact that we can't use him in a Phoenix 4 style offense says a lot about his basketball acumen, softness and overall desire.

With his talent, skills, and physical stature, Rudy Gay should be dominating his position.

But he is lacking a lot of intangibles (those mentioned above) that may never allow him to.

now PMI, you cant be on here being critical of Rudy, that means you not only want to trade him, but take his first born child, sell him off, and then kick rudy off the top of the peabody. remember only shower rudy with complements, no negative comments are allowed what so ever, least you be accused of wanting to do the above things and blaming the entire state of the franchise on rudy gay.

now PMI, you cant be on here being critical of Rudy, that means you not only want to trade him, but take his first born child, sell him off, and then kick rudy off the top of the peabody. remember only shower rudy with complements, no negative comments are allowed what so ever, least you be accused of wanting to do the above things and blaming the entire state of the franchise on rudy gay.

Hey I realized that and went back and edited my post to include that I think he is still a good player. :lol:

kfilament    0
Hey I realized that and went back and edited my post to include that I think he is still a good player. :lol:

good, didnt want you to feel the wrath. I was covinced by the wrath that i personally believe that rudy should be sent to the d-league to work on his game.

tjazz22    0
Lord have mercy...if only stupidity were illegal...

+1!! Rudy and OJ carried this team last night. They quit going to him!! Because he missed a shot he lost the game? :blink: PLEASE!!!! Some guys should just watch soccer or tennis or something!! LORD PLEASE HELP THEM!