Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The REF

IF YOU OWNED THE GRIZZLIES

31 posts in this topic

If I owned the Griz I would sell 49% of the team so I could pay off all my bills and still be able to retire!

1.) Who would you build your team around?

2.) What moves would you make and why?

3.) What coach would you like to hire to replace Coach Ivaroni

4.) Would you be a cheap azz owner?

UHaul.jpg

VEGAS HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I owned the Grizzlies, I'd make all of you on this board the co-GMs and the coaches, then I would fire each and every one of you for the mistakes that you would make, therefore I would pwn you all.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Complex......on loan.....from....Gaw---D!

I would say something cliche like..."you can't fire me, because I Quit!"

Then I'd kick myself when I found out that my irrational response to my firing cost me my unemployment benefits.

Well with all the success OKC has ha in selling tickets, they are still #12 in attendance. It is a function of market. So if Heisley thought he would move his team to the smallest NBA market and lead the league in attendance then he is simply a fool. The best Memphis could hope to do is crack the top 10.

When we talk attendance, we need to look at percentage full, not bodies in the seats. The reason is, the Forum only holds 18k+/- while Detroit, Chicago, Portland, Dallas, and Utah all are around or over 20K. Memphis this year is unfortunately last in both columns, though Sac. is within reach as they average about 100 peo. per game more than we do. There is no physical way Memphis can lead the league in attendance. The best we can possibly do when looking at fannies in the seats is somewhere between 10-14th. So in our hayday, getting over 16k every night, we were doing pretty good.

1.) Who would you build your team around?

2.) What moves would you make and why?

3.) What coach would you like to hire to replace Coach Ivaroni

4.) Would you be a cheap azz owner?

1.) OJ Mayo.

2.) Give the Max to Boozer (frontloaded), because he can be an elite big man in an elite team (as shown in Utah). Draft Stephen Curry to spread the floor. Curry will be like a new Ben Gordon without the defensive collapses. And he's a great team player.

3.) Eddie Jordan.

4.) I would do it more like the Spurs (try to keep it as cheap as possible), but definitely not like the Suns (give the players away in order to save some money when you're in contender mode).