Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOULOU

The number 2 pick?

If the grizz got the number 2 2009 draft pick,would you be happy if we got Hasheem Thabeet? Being that ESPN thinks he's the second to go?

If the grizz got the number 2 2009 draft pick,would you be happy if we got Hasheem Thabeet? Being that ESPN thinks he's the second to go?

Whitney_Houston__186227m.jpg

Absolutely..I think Thabeet is the player that the Grizzlies could use most out of this draft. Of course most fans are going to say Griffin is the guy..but i'm on the Thabeet wagon. You don't find guys 7'3" 270 that are as mobile as he is on a daily basis. He still has alot of untapped potential..but I believe he could end up being a Dikemebe Mutumbo type enforcer in the paint some day.

Absolutely..I think Thabeet is the player that the Grizzlies could use most out of this draft. Of course most fans are going to say Griffin is the guy..but i'm on the Thabeet wagon. You don't find guys 7'3" 270 that are as mobile as he is on a daily basis. He still has alot of untapped potential..but I believe he could end up being a Dikemebe Mutumbo type enforcer in the paint some day.

Count me as someone who would take Ricky Rubio and trade away either Conley or Lowry for a late first rounder. I am not sure about how Rubio's draft rights go, but this guys is electric. I would also draft the rights to X. Henry and again trade away Conley or Lowry for a late first rounder.

I would be ok with it, because depending on who got the #1 pick, we could probably trade up to get Griffin. I just don't see us drafting another guard prospect unless it's a guy like Curry that could come off the bench and provide scoring or some other guy that would be a legit SG. Other than that, I say we go after Blake. We probably have some of the pieces to get it done, but he would be the ideal fit for us. We eventually have to fill that glaring hole at the 4 spot and drafting guards every year isn't gonna get that done. Free agency is an option, but it's not as reliable. Players have a say in where they go with free agency, however in the draft, personnel has more power to get a person they desire. So I'd rather go that route.

it is written in the cosmos......the griz are no longer allowed to have their combination pulled in the lottery.......

for the past 2 years, we have all wanted a top 2 pick....when in reality even the #3 pick would have been just as good.....the drop off happens at #4 and below......

#3 would have been Al Horford

#3 would have been OJ Mayo without giving up Miller.....

but this year, we might not be quite as relatively bad to get the 4 or 5 once we don't win the lottery....meaning we need to really see who we should pick at between 6 and 9....

#3 would have been OJ Mayo without giving up Miller.....

You didn't need Miller with OJ...

Don't even think that you needed Miller to get OJ. You traded Miller to get rid of Brian Cardinal.

You didn't need Miller with OJ...

Don't even think that you needed Miller to get OJ. You traded Miller to get rid of Brian Cardinal.

Jaric=cardinal

Of we could have drafted mayo at 3 we then could have used miller in a different trade to improve the team.

I don't think that the grizzlies have what it takes to trade up to get blake griffen, unless you want to give up oj or rudy or gasol and I for one don't want to trade any of those guys at this point.

Some of you guys would probably sacrifice gasol and our number 1 to get griffin I suppose, but count me as not being one of them. Gasol is the first physical big in this teams history and he can match up with the howards and yaos and duncans all day long. I can't see us trading gasol to move up.

I think we stay put at the 5 in this draft. If we get that high a pick I say Griffin(if there) Ricky(if he is coming over, only if he is coming) then who, Monroe, a shooter Curry?

I figure we will get about 10th pick, and the first 3 will go to OKC(Griffin) Minny, Washington.

the first 3 will go to OKC(Griffin) Minny, Washington.

...and Minny will trade that pick for Matt Carrol and Charlotte's pick...maybe they'll unload Brian Cardinal while they're at it :lol: