Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Hakim Warrick

I'm not sure if this is trade talk since I'm not proposing a deal or reporting one,so I figured it's team talk until a deal actually happens. Now I haven't found anything myself to validate this,but my friend CLAIMS to have read Houston and Memphis are talking Hak for Luther Head and Joey Dorsey. I've been to almost every basketball site I know,but so far I have nothing. It does make sense though,because Head has been on the block for months and Dorsey isn't even in houston's rotation. Does anybody have info on this?

I'm not sure if this is trade talk since I'm not proposing a deal or reporting one,so I figured it's team talk until a deal actually happens. Now I haven't found anything myself to validate this,but my friend CLAIMS to have read Houston and Memphis are talking Hak for Luther Head and Joey Dorsey. I've been to almost every basketball site I know,but so far I have nothing. It does make sense though,because Head has been on the block for months and Dorsey isn't even in houston's rotation. Does anybody have info on this?

Chris Wallace gave 3 Shades of Blue an official "No comment" when we asked him about it.

From my perspective, it doesn't make sense to trade away our most consistent bench scorer for a combo guard and a guy who cannot even dress out for the Rockets.

Chris Wallace gave 3 Shades of Blue an official "No comment" when we asked him about it.

From my perspective, it doesn't make sense to trade away our most consistent bench scorer for a combo guard and a guy who cannot even dress out for the Rockets.

You do have a valid point with this statement,but I meant it made sense from a fan standpoint(Should've been more clear). It'll add to the buzz that we currently have going to have a former tiger on the squad.

You do have a valid point with this statement,but I meant it made sense from a fan standpoint(Should've been more clear). It'll add to the buzz that we currently have going to have a former tiger on the squad.

It would only matter if that former Tiger was going to get playing time. It didn't matter when Antonio Burks was here a few seasons ago and it wouldn't be any different if Joey Dorsey was on the roster. Joey wouldn't get playing time over the PF/C's we currently have.

I agree. This helps us in no way.

Hoopsworld has a few trade ideas for Memphis, given that the Grizzlies are one of only two teams under the salary cap. They mention Denver, Detroit and Houston as likely partners who would be looking to dump a contract to get some salary relief.

Hoopsworld has a few trade ideas for Memphis, given that the Grizzlies are one of only two teams under the salary cap. They mention Denver, Detroit and Houston as likely partners who would be looking to dump a contract to get some salary relief.

I always love trade rumors about a team that are intended to do favors for their trading partner.

It would only matter if that former Tiger was going to get playing time. It didn't matter when Antonio Burks was here a few seasons ago and it wouldn't be any different if Joey Dorsey was on the roster. Joey wouldn't get playing time over the PF/C's we currently have.

You're right on almost all your points. Except that I believe joey is a bit more beloved than antonio burks. There are still some fans to this day who believe he or cdr should've been drafted by the grizz with their #28 pick. Darrell Arthur was changing people's minds about that at first,but he seems to have a hit a rookie wall.... An EXTREMELY EARLY rookie wall might I add

You're right on almost all your points. Except that I believe joey is a bit more beloved than antonio burks. There are still some fans to this day who believe he or cdr should've been drafted by the grizz with their #28 pick. Darrell Arthur was changing people's minds about that at first,but he seems to have a hit a rookie wall.... An EXTREMELY EARLY rookie wall might I add

Again, Joey might be more beloved, but people aren't going to buy tickets to see him sit on the bench or behind the bench in a suit.

I agree. Warrick for Head and Dorsey doesn't make any sense nor does it help the Grizzlies or improve the teams talent.

BTW, Luther Head isn't a combo guard. He's an undersized shooting guard.

Nay on that trade. We need Hak more than we need Luther Head.

Unless they think Dorsey can play right away- then maybe.

I haven't seen much of Dorsey- is he ready to contribute? How good is he projected to be?

It would only matter if that former Tiger was going to get playing time. Joey wouldn't get playing time over the PF/C's we currently have.

I agree totally. We have enough of that now. He may be used in a mulitple team trade, but staying Memphis will not likely happen.

Again, Joey might be more beloved, but people aren't going to buy tickets to see him sit on the bench or behind the bench in a suit.

I agree. If we filled the team up with Tigers we would become the Bobcats. With better looking uniforms of course.

Ouch. I say no go.

I'LL ACTUALLY SAY YES TO THIS. NO PERSONAL DIS TO HAK, BUT JOEY WOULD BE MORE PHYSICAL DEFENSIVELY AND ON THE BOARDS THAN HAK. Y'ALL SAW HIM IN MEMPHIS. HE WAS A BEAST. PHYSICALLY COMPARED TO HAK, HE'S STILL A BEAST WITH THE ABILITY TO RUN THE FLOOR BETTER.

I DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING CAUSE OF HOUSTON'S CURRENT PF SITUATION.

I LIKE RIDING WITH OUR CURRENT BENCH, BUT IF WE COULD ADD MORE DEFENSE AND ATHLETICISM, I SAY PULL THE TRIGGER, IF THERE ACTUALLY IS A GUN

Joey D. may have been a beast in college but he has not proven anything in the NBA, and if the Grizzlies aren't winning it won't matter if we have Dorsey, CDR, or any other Tiger on the team, the fans will lose interest after a time.

My guess is you might see the Grizzlies get paid to take on one of Houston's bench guys like Head or our favorite son Stevie Franchise while we get our 2nd round pick back in return.

Steve Francis/2nd rounder/Cash for future protected 2nd rounder then we can waive Franchise away and put some dough on the ledgers.

hak will have a cap hold this summer of about 6.4 million (3x his salary this year).....so I can see the benefit of trading him for something, preferably cheaper, so that we get something for him and don't have to cut him loose for nothing this summer (by renouncing him) in order to maximize our cap space.....

My guess is you might see the Grizzlies get paid to take on one of Houston's bench guys like Head or our favorite son Stevie Franchise while we get our 2nd round pick back in return.

Steve Francis/2nd rounder/Cash for future protected 2nd rounder then we can waive Franchise away and put some dough on the ledgers.

Hakim Warrick would or wouldnt be involved ? If we got Steve Francis I would love to keep him even though he hasn't been playing his best basketball as of lately. Am I the only one who thinks Steve Francis could acually start for the Grizzlies ? Probably. :/

Hakim Warrick would or wouldnt be involved ? If we got Steve Francis I would love to keep him even though he hasn't been playing his best basketball as of lately. Am I the only one who thinks Steve Francis could acually start for the Grizzlies ? Probably. :/

the same Stevie that flat out refused to play for the Grizzlies waaaay back when ? ;)

the same Stevie that flat out refused to play for the Grizzlies waaaay back when ? ;)

Agree-Please no Francis on this team. Talk about a selfish player, an ball hog. There is nothing, any good that Francis could help our young players with, other than arrogance.