Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin B Moses

I think the Mayo/Rudy Combo can and will work

I think once we get a post scorer that Mayo will become less of a scorer.

Here is my top 5:

1. Amare

2. Boozer

3. Beasley

4. Millsap

5. Brandan Wright

I think all can be had by next season. Especially if we get the right draft pick.

totally down with this cept i dont think mayo will score less. amare is my #1 too but his reason for leaving PHX is he wants to be the first option, mayo could easily be better respectively than amare and then you also have rudy still. so id be nervous about a power struggle there. for keeping the peace sake and being safe boozer/milsap would be prefered but amare would be the 3rd star needed to win a championship when you talk about the 3 stars theory.

i dont see pierce, kg, allen as needing to have an established 1st option bc they understand team ball. they all wanted rings more than anything.

thats something veterans understand after years of playing on losing teams.

idk that rudy/oj/amare would get that right away

gasol and amare together would be pretty tight

3 players under 22 in the league average 20 or more pts a game. Two play for the Grizzlies. Somthing to salivate about.

Changed (not fixed). I think that's far more accurate. We should be thanking our lucky stars. A phrase I never thought you'd be able to associate with this franchise.

Not trying to argue with you but, that exactly backwards from how a business plan works.

"If you build it, they will come."

NOT,

"if they come, you'll build it."

If Boozer is put on this team and the realistic success that would probably come from that were to happen, the Forum would eventually fill, in my estimation fairly quickly, as Memphis is a fickle community when it comes to sports but, put a winner out there and Mphs fans will come in droves.

It is not what you believe. Where's the evidence? I talk to people all the time that don't even think about the grizzlies. These are young guys that you would think would have an interest in basketball. At one point, the argument was Pau was the reason the forum wasn't filling up, and the whole idea was we need to get a player in here that memphis population can relate to. Well, that was accomplished you would think with oj mayo and rudy gay, but apparently this is not the reason the forum wasn't filling. Now it is, well, if the grizzlies are winning they will come. I am not so sure.

My gut feeling is Memphis still are bitter about the zero playoff wins in what is it like 14 games now. I am too lazy too pull it up. The grizzlies, in my opinion, are going to have to win a playoff series to win fans back at that isn't happening any time soon.

My point is hesiley isn't going to spend that kind of money knowing that the memphis fans are still skepitical they can compete.

My point is hesiley isn't going to spend that kind of money knowing that the memphis fans are still skepitical they can compete.

Heisley is as a big a basketball fan as anybody on these boards. I think he knows what the addition of Boozer will mean to this franchise, and if he can get him, he will spend the money. The summer of 2009 is the time to strike, and I think Heisley knows that and is prepared for it.

We are a PF away.

Boozer or Amare or bust.

U think so? :mellow:

3 players under 22 in the league average 20 or more pts a game. Two play for the Grizzlies. Somthing to think about.

good point