Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Lakers

484 posts in this topic

Yup a great bastketball game. I am not at all disappointed with grizzlies. I have only one concern now. Please continue to play like this and definitely in the future by the grace of God you will be rewarded everything.

Go Grizz. What a nice game. I recorded the whole game and should be uploading it on my website

I wont to download, where?

Conley has been playing great of late.

He doesn't need excuses.

At this point he and Kyle are about equal.

By the end of the year...Conley should have cemented himself to be the better PG going forward.

people said that last year....

then it was by the first of this year....

then it was by the middle of this year....

now it is by the end of the year....

conley doesn't make excuses for himself.....by all accounts him and lowry have a great relationship and competitive spirit against each that (hopefully) pushes each other to get better.....

lowry has played good this year.....better than just about anyone on here thought he would....

conley started slow but has improved....

and the switch to the bench has helped conley, but made him more of a scorer and less of a passer.....and the move to the starting lineup has helped lowry show he can pass better than people thought and helps him shoot less and capitalize on his strong defense.....

with that said....2 things....

1) Lowry played head and shoulders better than conley last night.....

found this on a popular and respected lakers blog....

One other question I’m curious about, why is Conley behind Kyle Lowry? Again the shooting and assist numbers are comparable, but Kyle turns it over more. There may be a good reason, we may see it tonight, but I’m curious.

<snip>

Finally, I got my my answer about why Lowrey starts. I like his speed and use of it much better than Conley, who may be a career backup.

and

2) even with improved play from both, we are not strong enough at PG right now.....could still use an upgrade

Zack, I am curious why Lowry clearly outplayed Conley when Conley was +3 an Lowry was -12? Is that stat not applicable anymore now that it goes against your boy Kyle?

Zack, I am curious why Lowry clearly outplayed Conley when Conley was +3 an Lowry was -12? Is that stat not applicable anymore now that it goes against your boy Kyle?

hahahahaha

good catch.....

he outplayed him by having an effective night pushing the ball and making good passes.....7 assists and 1 turnover.....

and that -12 +/- was really -6, if that matters.....those last 6 points when they were just fouling doesn't count.... :lol:

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow...amp;game=LALMEM

also notice the popcorn machines "hv" or help value stat....lowry had 10...most on our team....conley had 1....

and I know nobody takes me seriously anymore on this issue.....but i provided a quote from an outside perspective on the laker blog that also came to the conclusion that lowry played better.....

good catch on the +/- stat, though.....

i'm not here to say lowry is great.....we need better PG play.....but it ain't coming from conley.....

but just wait, by the end of the year conley will prove himself better.....just like he was too do by the first of the year....and if that doesn't happen, he will do it by the start of next year.....or the end of next year.....it will happen!!!!!!!! and then everybody can say "I told you so"

hahahahaha

good catch.....

he outplayed him by having an effective night pushing the ball and making good passes.....7 assists and 1 turnover.....

and that -12 +/- was really -6, if that matters.....those last 6 points when they were just fouling doesn't count.... :lol:

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow...amp;game=LALMEM

also notice the popcorn machines "hv" or help value stat....lowry had 10...most on our team....conley had 1....

and I know nobody takes me seriously anymore on this issue.....but i provided a quote from an outside perspective on the laker blog that also came to the conclusion that lowry played better.....

good catch on the +/- stat, though.....

i'm not here to say lowry is great.....we need better PG play.....but it ain't coming from conley.....

but just wait, by the end of the year conley will prove himself better.....just like he was too do by the first of the year....and if that doesn't happen, he will do it by the start of next year.....or the end of next year.....it will happen!!!!!!!! and then everybody can say "I told you so"

:lol:

people said that last year....

Well I think some people in Memphis have unrealistic expectations.

Anyone with any familiarity with pro sports would know that it will take time for Conley to develop. Even at the end of this year, we will still only see a hint of the player he could become.

If you look at their ceilings...(Kyle/Mike)...Mike's is much higher as a PG. Lowry has more experience in age and level of competition. If Mike continues to improve at this rate..having already come to Kyle's level at this point in approximately 33% fewer games played...then I don't see why he can't separate himself some from Kyle going forward.

His shot has improved. His confidence level is up a bit. He's seeing more consistency in the rotation.

but made him more of a scorer and less of a passer.....

I think Mayo and coaches schemes have made Conley less of a passer. When Conley's on the floor they tend to have him play off of Mayo and spot Conley up on the wing. That's evident by us noticing his improved 3 point stroke and a big boost in his percentages.

When Conley is the game..they like to use Mayo as the primary ball handler a lot more than when Kyle is in...because Mike is a bit better shooter. I also don't think we have the right chemistry or personnel..or offensive schemes even for any of our PG's to get decent assist numbers. We slow the ball down alot. We don't run as much as I would like. Even when we do, our spacing on fast breaks isn't good. And we know Mayo and Gay right now tend to still do alot of one of one scoring..Judging either by their assist numbers is not a good measure in my opinion.

and the move to the starting lineup has helped lowry show he can pass better than people thought and helps him shoot less and capitalize on his strong defense.....

I think Kyle in the starting lineup..provides the lineup with a better balance. Especially with Mayo at the 2.

1) Lowry played head and shoulders better than conley last night.....

I'd say they both played well.

Memphofan you live in Memphis, TN. I don't understand fans out side of ther jurisdiction. I'm a Titans fan because I live in TN. Now I still have my favorite team, but I live in Tn so I feel there is a geographic duty to represent. Get off the board if you aint a fan. Fool go to the Laker board and do what you do.

Screw that nothing wrong with supporting the hometown team. I just think its crazy for all you cats to act like noone liked the NBA before the Grizzlies showed up...who do you think they rooted for before the Grizz got here?? Thats just some silliness. Nothing wrong with supporting the hometown team because they're here but hey yo last time I checked nothing said everyone here or everyone buying a ticket is a Grizz fan or a Grizz fan first.

As bad as this team needs attendance they need every butt in the seat they can get. If you take only hardcore Grizz fans that like noone else and just them show up....you think you ain't selling tickets now?? see how many are there then.

Noone gonna tell me I can't follow my hometown team on its own board and noone gonna tell me I gotta quit rooting for a team I have all my life just because now I have one in town. I see nothing wrong with rooting for both of them.

Screw that nothing wrong with supporting the hometown team. I just think its crazy for all you cats to act like noone liked the NBA before the Grizzlies showed up...who do you think they rooted for before the Grizz got here?? Thats just some silliness. Nothing wrong with supporting the hometown team because they're here but hey yo last time I checked nothing said everyone here or everyone buying a ticket is a Grizz fan or a Grizz fan first.

As bad as this team needs attendance they need every butt in the seat they can get. If you take only hardcore Grizz fans that like noone else and just them show up....you think you ain't selling tickets now?? see how many are there then.

Noone gonna tell me I can't follow my hometown team on its own board and noone gonna tell me I gotta quit rooting for a team I have all my life just because now I have one in town. I see nothing wrong with rooting for both of them.

Gotta respect that ...

but still ... I'm just sayin' ;)

couldn't you root for OUR dudes out loud and be like a 'closet fan' for the other team ? ;)

just funnin' with you Mempho ...

I feel you on the support for a different team prior to the Grizz's arrival ...

Kinda hard to just magically stop rooting for a team you grew up supporting ...

-Toke