Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Lakers

484 posts in this topic

Uh oh!! The Lakers have lost 2 in a row...they are going to come in here smelling blood. Hopefully we can pull the miraculous upset. We usually seem to play well against them. I know if the game is close in the 4th quarter i'll be leading the BEAT LA!!! chants... GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!!

LA is going to take out their frustrations on us. I would love to see us win this, but its not happening. If Marc puts Pau on the floor once, then I'm good.

I say we lose by at least 15.

Uh oh!! The Lakers have lost 2 in a row...they are going to come in here smelling blood. Hopefully we can pull the miraculous upset. We usually seem to play well against them. I know if the game is close in the 4th quarter i'll be leading the BEAT LA!!! chants... GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!!

So have we. Why can't we be the ones smelling blood?

We smell it. Unfortunately it's our own. :ph34r:

will marc start marc over darko to play up the brother angle?

If they're starting Bynum and Gasol he'd better start both Milicic and Gasol.

good point....

further.....arthur shouldn't start the rest of the season....he has been under-whelming...and statistically our worst player

good point....

further.....arthur shouldn't start the rest of the season....he has been under-whelming...and statistically our worst player

I was surprised, after doing a bit of checking on NBA.com, that he is our best rebounder per 48. None of our guys rank very high, though. Kind of sad that we cannot seem to come up with any players who are tough on the glass.

I was surprised, after doing a bit of checking on NBA.com, that he is our best rebounder per 48. None of our guys rank very high, though. Kind of sad that we cannot seem to come up with any players who are tough on the glass.

true.....year after year, we can't come up with anyone that is a stud rebounder....

despite arthur being our best rebounder in terms of per 48.....advanced stats show him to be our worst player....roland rating on 82games, +/- on/off court.....and i'm guessing PER and WP48 too.....

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809MEM.HTM

ironically, our best player according to 82games is hak....arthur's replacement....

true.....year after year, we can't come up with anyone that is a stud rebounder....

despite arthur being our best rebounder in terms of per 48.....advanced stats show him to be our worst player....roland rating on 82games, +/- on/off court.....and i'm guessing PER and WP48 too.....

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809MEM.HTM

ironically, our best player according to 82games is hak....arthur's replacement....

i did some deeper searching and found this:

Lowry-Mayo-Ross-Arthur-Milicic = 80% win

Conley-Mayo-Gay-Warrick-Milicic = 55% win

It will be a good show and hopefully we'll have a decent crowd despite the temps in the 20's.

It is close to being sold out. I had some guys going and we couldn't get seats for under $20. Even then, the only thing we found in a group was for like $50 a pop. I'm not gonna go but I'll be here watching it at home.

Based upon position play, I expect to see Marc on Bynum and Darko on Pau. Darko is more mobile, and therefore a better matchup against Pau. Considering he spent most of last year practicing against Pau, he should have a good idea of how to guard him. And I'm sure Marc knows a few secrets to pass along to get under Pau's skin. Bynum is a true low post center, and Marc does a really good job defending that type of player.

I agree with X here. We really got spanked last Friday. We need to hit the floor with an attitude.

We need tough play hard nosed defence. Don't let anybody in the paint with out making them pay for it weather they have the ball or not.

I don't care if every Grizz gets a technical, or fouls out.

We need to see a lot of hard nosed effort tonight. Did I say effort on defence. Effort.

Based upon position play, I expect to see Marc on Bynum and Darko on Pau. Darko is more mobile, and therefore a better matchup against Pau. Considering he spent most of last year practicing against Pau, he should have a good idea of how to guard him. And I'm sure Marc knows a few secrets to pass along to get under Pau's skin. Bynum is a true low post center, and Marc does a really good job defending that type of player.

I agree...I think we could match up great against the Lake Show. Three of our best defenders will be guarding their top 3: Mayo/Bryant (remember Wade?); Darko/Pau; The Tank/Bynum. I'm a little worried about the Bynum matchup, and you gotta be concerned about Kobe no matter what. Unfortunately, on the other side with Kobe on OJ, this could end the streak. Rudy has to come up HUGE tonight for us to have the firepower needed to win this one.

I agree...I think we could match up great against the Lake Show. Three of our best defenders will be guarding their top 3: Mayo/Bryant (remember Wade?); Darko/Pau; The Tank/Bynum. I'm a little worried about the Bynum matchup, and you gotta be concerned about Kobe no matter what. Unfortunately, on the other side with Kobe on OJ, this could end the streak. Rudy has to come up HUGE tonight for us to have the firepower needed to win this one.

O.J.'s streak ended last game against Charlotte...

Darko will get owned by Pau...

The Lakers win big. The Lakers run a better offense than the Grizzlies and have more shooters. The Grizzlies have a tendency to leave shooters wide open.

Understatements of the year

Tonight our advantages are at small forward and point guard (Farmar injury)... Rudy should go for 35+, Mayo 25+ and everybody else play smart and efficient on offense and tough defensively and we can win this game... <_<