Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrizzledGrizzFan

Toine anticipating buyout to come Monday

44 posts in this topic

Walker can rot on the bench then. He should have to give something to get his freedom. The whole "won't leave a dollar on the table" argument is laughable. He can make up whatever reduction is negotiated when he signs with another team. That is, unless he can't cut it with another team...

I think I must have written that poorly. Walker isn't looking to be bought out for 100% of his salary. He wants to make sure the buyout PLUS the new contract won't leave him short of what he would make without the buyout. The issue for me in that regard (and I am sure Meadows is making a similiar arguement for Heisley) is that while Walker likely won't ever play for the Grizzlies and likely won't be used in a trade that doesn't mean he doesn't bring value that would be lost if Walker gets bought out. What if Arthur, Milicic and Warrick get hurt? What if a deal suddenly materialized where Walker's contract was needed? Stranger things have happened

If Walker is serious about wanting to play somewhere then he has to give up some potential earning power to do so and Meadows is going to try and slice that down to as low a point as possible. Walker will likely argue that he shouldn't give up more than the contract Miles signed since this won't affect the Grizzlies payroll position.

Agents are notorious for fighting for their clients and Meadows is legendary for fighting for Heisley. I bet the discussions are rather fascinating in that regard.

Meadows just needs to throw some pipin' hot fresh Krispy Kreme donuts in the room....

The negotiations would end real quick.

like that new southwest airlines commercial about being charged for changing flights. Walker woudl be like "10% of original payout, sure, sounds good, you got any bearclaws??? nom nom nom"

Meadows just needs to throw some pipin' hot fresh Krispy Kreme donuts in the room....

The negotiations would end real quick.

LMAO Commadoor.

Gotcha chip - thanks for the clarification.

No surprise at all here, but I wish Antoine the best of luck.

Do you think the Krispy Kreme's idea actually helped negotiations? :huh:

I think I must have written that poorly. Walker isn't looking to be bought out for 100% of his salary. He wants to make sure the buyout PLUS the new contract won't leave him short of what he would make without the buyout. The issue for me in that regard (and I am sure Meadows is making a similiar arguement for Heisley) is that while Walker likely won't ever play for the Grizzlies and likely won't be used in a trade that doesn't mean he doesn't bring value that would be lost if Walker gets bought out. What if Arthur, Milicic and Warrick get hurt? What if a deal suddenly materialized where Walker's contract was needed? Stranger things have happened

If Walker is serious about wanting to play somewhere then he has to give up some potential earning power to do so and Meadows is going to try and slice that down to as low a point as possible. Walker will likely argue that he shouldn't give up more than the contract Miles signed since this won't affect the Grizzlies payroll position.

Agents are notorious for fighting for their clients and Meadows is legendary for fighting for Heisley. I bet the discussions are rather fascinating in that regard.

Well, looks like Walker's team won these negotiations. He got 95 percent of his salary. So that saved the Grizz what, less than half a million? Is half a million that important to this team?

This has got to be clearing some space for an imminent deal that nobody knows about yet, because every way I look at this, Heisley is being just plain stupid to make this move now. Do we get some kinda mega-franchise cash bonus for carrying only 13 on our roster? Somebody please explain this to me.

Well, looks like Walker's team won these negotiations. He got 95 percent of his salary. So that saved the Grizz what, less than half a million? Is half a million that important to this team?

This has got to be clearing some space for an imminent deal that nobody knows about yet, because every way I look at this, Heisley is being just plain stupid to make this move now. Do we get some kinda mega-franchise cash bonus for carrying only 13 on our roster? Somebody please explain this to me.

Half a million is what Darius Miles will cost the team if he sticks around for the full season. Not so coincidentally, it is also what Walker will likely sign for with another team, meaning that he doesn't lose any money in the deal.

Wallace tried to run Antoine out of town by benching him, then benching him in a uniform. When he realized Walker was going to act like a professional no matter what he bought him out. He wanted to make Antoine the bad guy and it didn't work. Excpot in some small minded people.

:lol:

Wallace tried to run Antoine out of town by benching him, then benching him in a uniform. When he realized Walker was going to act like a professional no matter what he bought him out. He wanted to make Antoine the bad guy and it didn't work. Excpot in some small minded people.

i cant believe antoine signed up for the boards, welcome man, always great to have a pro on the boards!!

:lol:

i cant believe antoine signed up for the boards, welcome man, always great to have a pro on the boards!!

Grow up. I am here to discuss basketball not play the games of some of you children. There are some real Grizzlie fans left in this world you know.,

"This has got to be clearing some space for an imminent deal that nobody knows about yet, because every way I look at this, Heisley is being just plain stupid to make this move now. Do we get some kinda mega-franchise cash bonus for carrying only 13 on our roster? Somebody please explain this to me."

Yet this is exactly what happened with Eddie Jones.

And Damon Stoudamire

I can root for this team and be disgusted by what it has become. Chris Wallace should be fired. In fact he never should have been hired.

Then who should have been hired as the GM instead of Wallace?

Did someone call for a thread clean up on aisle 5?

candyfight.jpg