Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Bobcats

The crowd sits in stunned silence.

Uhh, the crowd is always silent. This team has no home court advantage at all. We play at least 41 road games, probably a couple of more cause for the Lakers and Celtics you have more fans for that team than the Grizz and the rest are neutral court games.

That was so bad it was almost offensive. I mean, with a very young team like this off nights will come, but this was in a whole other league than 'off'.

Rudy was the only one that came to play, his teammates weren't even looking for him and Ivy sat him for long stretches. I'm surprised he played 32 minutes, didn't seem like that long. Wow, you're 2 best players combine for a total of 20 shot attempts, what in the?

I can't believe this team is so bad that we rely on a rookie to get 20 every night in order to have a chance at winning.

Rudy was the only one that came to play, his teammates weren't even looking for him and Ivy sat him for long stretches. I'm surprised he played 32 minutes, didn't seem like that long. Wow, you're 2 best players combine for a total of 20 shot attempts, what in the?

Well, the coach does want them to shoot less so we can all of our offensive weapons a chance to shine.

I can't believe this team is so bad that we rely on a rookie to get 20 every night in order to have a chance at winning.

By design, this team does not have enough talent to win.

This is the 3YP.

Enjoy it.

By design, this team does not have enough talent to win.

This is the 3YP.

Enjoy it.

*endorsed*

I think the guys got caught looking ahead to the game with the Lakers.

Where was Darko in the second half? The guy was an offensive powerhouse relatively speaking to how the othe Grizz were playing. I just don't get it.

Uhh, the crowd is always silent. This team has no home court advantage at all. We play at least 41 road games, probably a couple of more cause for the Lakers and Celtics you have more fans for that team than the Grizz and the rest are neutral court games.

And its gonna stay that way as long as they keep having these type of performances. People thought they had been playing better so maybe someone did wanna come out and check them out tonight. If they did this is what they saw. I don't know how likely they would be to come back.

Where was Darko in the second half? The guy was an offensive powerhouse relatively speaking to how the othe Grizz were playing. I just don't get it.

yeah, Darko passed away a shot against a 6"5 guy so he can dish it to Rudy for the open 3....

then Ivy took him out...???

This is exactly what happens when you can't get your one on one on with this offense. Wait...did I say offense? I mean that one play we have.

You know the one...Conley dribbles to the top of the key...Darko picks...Conley either dribbles around some more or kicks it out to our two players not moving out on the wing. That one.....that one play....that one play is our entire offense.

worst game of the year by far. By far.

Complete defensive anemia all the way around.

Awful.

If they come out this comatose against the Lakers, it will be very much worse than this.

This game should not have gone this way, except for...

Larry Brown.

Seems like every time we face one of the league's elder statesmen we have a terrible on-the-court performance. Hmmmmmm......

I hate that our recent run is starting to remind me of that movie "The Perfect Storm", where at the end they start to see the sun break through....right before the 100 ft wave capsizes the ship.

I cannot believe I drove all the way downtown to watch this atrocity. That was not NBA basketball. A season ticket holder above my section was booing the team louder than anyone I've ever heard.

There is nothing in the 3 year plan about getting EMBARRASSED at home by a team you could easily beat or at least COMPETE with. They didn't even try. Heisley left courtside at the half and never came back.

I would rather lose on a buzzer beater every night. There is no excuse for what happened tonight. There was no passion or will to win at all. I can't believe NBA players get paid all that money and still get the same amount even if they sleepwalk through a game. People pay money to come see this team, but how in the world do you justify this?

Horrible.

Somebody earlier said this was not on Ivy and in his press conference Ivy laid the blame on lack of effort but I think that is BS. He got his coaching head handed to him by Larry Brown and was not man enough to admit it. He had no scheme to get his two best (really the only two on the team) NBA caliber scorers in position to score against the Bobcat defense. Instead, we had Q Ross and Buckner open on the wing and flinging up bricks. And I'm sorry, you can't just blame the players for the crapadelic "defense" we threw at them. That is on the coaching staff also. And does anyone else think it was punitive BS to yank Mayo and deny him the likelihood of continuing his double figure scoring streak? Ivy's explanation in the post-game press conference was self-serving bulldung. I say fire his ***!!!

Well, it sounds as if I did not miss a think tonight. I was all set to watch the game from my home in Mid Michigan only to find that it was blocked out in our area so we could watch it on our local channels.

Local channels do not really carry games from Memphis TN, so I don't know what was up.

But that was the last straw. I cancelled my League Pass and it sounds like I won't miss much the restof this year.

I will be depending on you guys to tell me when the Grizzlies become a contender for the playoffs. Now don't forget to tell me, ya hear?

I cannot believe I drove all the way downtown to watch this atrocity. That was not NBA basketball. A season ticket holder above my section was booing the team louder than anyone I've ever heard.

There is nothing in the 3 year plan about getting EMBARRASSED at home by a team you could easily beat or at least COMPETE with. They didn't even try. Heisley left courtside at the half and never came back.

I would rather lose on a buzzer beater every night. There is no excuse for what happened tonight. There was no passion or will to win at all. I can't believe NBA players get paid all that money and still get the same amount even if they sleepwalk through a game. People pay money to come see this team, but how in the world do you justify this?

Horrible.

we must sit somewhat near each other then. that guy was crazy....but after the 20th time of charlotte driving the lane and having THREE of our players jump on the pumpfake while he passes under them to someone else for a wide open dunk. it was a little more acceptable i guess

I turned it off after they got out rebounded 11 to 2 in the first quarter. Its one thing to be down by almost double digit points after a quarter , but to be down by 9 rebounds in the first quarter is more telling. It shows their just not in the game since rebounding has more to do with effort and desire than a few shots just not falling.

Somebody earlier said this was not on Ivy and in his press conference Ivy laid the blame on lack of effort but I think that is BS. He got his coaching head handed to him by Larry Brown and was not man enough to admit it. He had no scheme to get his two best (really the only two on the team) NBA caliber scorers in position to score against the Bobcat defense. Instead, we had Q Ross and Buckner open on the wing and flinging up bricks. And I'm sorry, you can't just blame the players for the crapadelic "defense" we threw at them. That is on the coaching staff also. And does anyone else think it was punitive BS to yank Mayo and deny him the likelihood of continuing his double figure scoring streak? Ivy's explanation in the post-game press conference was self-serving bulldung. I say fire his ***!!!

About the only single thing that we could have looked forward to this year was OJ Mayo breaking the rookie record for double digit games to start a carear. Mayo should have played every single minute just to get those 10 points in my opinion.

Ivy makes this team worse, not better. The 3 year plan or not, when your coach is making your players worse, I don't see that is a good thing.

I am not going to say fire any one. I will have to agree with every thing else you said though we were shamefully out coached in this game.