Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OvintonFan1978

Darko Haters...where did you go?

lazyberbs    0
Don't act like coach not playing him 30 minutes every game has been the problem -- it's been Darko's inconsistent play and foul problems. Have you noticed that he hasn't gotten 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes these games? He has played much, much better lately and deservedly has been getting more minutes. I hope he keeps it up, because he can be a valuable part of this team.

My point was that you play better with 30 minutes and you get 30 minutes when you play better.

But I do not see how you can defend the idea that a player can get into his rhythm just as easily in 12 minutes as he can with 30 minutes. And especially if that 12 minutes is divided up into 4 or 6 minute stretches. It just does not happen. And when a player gets a couple of fouls in the first few minutes and is allowed to stay in, he will more than likely hit his rhythm and not pick up fouls so quickly. Besides, if you and some other believe that he is not a very important player, why would you care if he fouls out early? Part of learning to play in the NBA is learning to play with fouls.

What makes it most difficult to learn and most difficult to play all out is believing that as soon as you make a mistakr or get a couple of fouls, you will be jerked.

grizzdizzle    0
My point was that you play better with 30 minutes and you get 30 minutes when you play better.

But I do not see how you can defend the idea that a player can get into his rhythm just as easily in 12 minutes as he can with 30 minutes. And especially if that 12 minutes is divided up into 4 or 6 minute stretches. It just does not happen. And when a player gets a couple of fouls in the first few minutes and is allowed to stay in, he will more than likely hit his rhythm and not pick up fouls so quickly. Besides, if you and some other believe that he is not a very important player, why would you care if he fouls out early? Part of learning to play in the NBA is learning to play with fouls.

What makes it most difficult to learn and most difficult to play all out is believing that as soon as you make a mistakr or get a couple of fouls, you will be jerked.

I will agree that it's difficult to get into a rhythm in 12 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes. But I would also argue that up until recently, Darko has not earned the opportunity to get 30 minutes. He has to show that he is going to work hard whenever he is put in -- whether it is 5, 10, or 20 minutes -- in order to warrant getting more playing time. Unfortunately, there were many games in the past where Darko looked or acted like his head was not in the game, or he would fumble passes (and he should catch them when they're thrown to him, even if it's not done often), or he would pick up quick fouls. I understand that these things happen sometimes even to the top players, but as someone who has not proven himself to be a player who will play at a higher level consistently, if he does these the first 10 minutes he's in the game, then why keep playing him to see if, by chance, he does improve?

Listen, I do not dislike Darko. In fact, I really would like to see him do well. He has been showing recently that he is able to play well on a more consistent basis, and I am ecstatic for that. But he has done nothing to this point to earn the benefit of the doubt if he starts out slow. But cheers to him for playing better. If he can continue improving and keep his head on straight, then he will really be a valuable part of this team. I look forward to seeing it.

Ovi, I can't believe you of all people used the term "hater". I thought you were above that sort of thing.

Darko has shown good play in spurts. Until he does this for a longer stretch, I'm assuming this is a spurt right now.

Frankly, everybody has looked better the past few games, so it could be a deal where he's just another rubber duck rising with the overall tide.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Darko become a consistent, solid player. If he can average 10/8 like another poster said and look in control while doing it, I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Darko has shown good play in spurts. Until he does this for a longer stretch, I'm assuming this is a spurt right now.

Frankly, everybody has looked better the past few games, so it could be a deal where he's just another rubber duck rising with the overall tide.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Darko become a consistent, solid player. If he can average 10/8 like another poster said and look in control while doing it, I'll take that in a heartbeat.

I gotta agree. Even Stro showed some life from time to time. Don't get me wrong, would love to see him do well, but a few games doesn't all the others he played disappear.

Ovi, I can't believe you of all people used the term "hater". I thought you were above that sort of thing.

Hehe, I used to be...I guess hanging around Memphis with King Willie in charge has made me assimilate a little. You know, I'm one of those people that's always drinking the "hater-ade". :)

Vidic_Fan    0

Solute for everyone, my first post, sory for my bad english.

I'm realy glad coz Darko play good, hope he is gona continue.

He just need 30 min per game, and you will se in 2-3 monuts how god player he is.

He didnt play 2,5 year (his 18-21), how many players can stay normal, and show any progres if they dont play

when it is most important for his development. He will be better, just give him minutes.

One more thing, team was extremly selphish in the start of the season(i watch fev games), every player for himself, that is so bad.

But now it is better.

chipc3    0

He just need 30 min per game, and you will se in 2-3 monuts how god player he is.

He didnt play 2,5 year (his 18-21), how many players can stay normal, and show any progres if they dont play

when it is most important for his development. He will be better, just give him minutes.

One more thing, team was extremly selphish in the start of the season(i watch fev games), every player for himself, that is so bad.

But now it is better.

Welcome to the boards Vidic and Darko will get more minutes as long as he continues to play this way. In the NBA no one is guaranteed anything. You have to earn what you get. Darko is earning his minutes right now but he is only averaging 8.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in the last 5 games. He is blocking more shots and shooting a high percentage but he still has a ways to go in production. If he can remain healthy and continue to develop more minutes will come.

pep    0

Gotta agree with someone who likes the Black Adder

But I do think Darko can play well on a regular basis

Vidic_Fan    0
Welcome to the boards Vidic and Darko will get more minutes as long as he continues to play this way. In the NBA no one is guaranteed anything. You have to earn what you get. Darko is earning his minutes right now but he is only averaging 8.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in the last 5 games. He is blocking more shots and shooting a high percentage but he still has a ways to go in production. If he can remain healthy and continue to develop more minutes will come.

He will earn, you'l see,in fact already earning :P

CarlCR    0

But now it is better.

Hello Vidic and welcome to the board. Where are you located? Are you in the US or in Europe?

We try to like all the Grizzlies, especially when they are winning! :lol:

Darko can be a good player - defensively and a good contributor offensively. I wonder if he and Marc are spurring each other on in a good way to play better.

Vidic_Fan    0
Hello Vidic and welcome to the board. Where are you located? Are you in the US or in Europe?

We try to like all the Grizzlies, especially when they are winning! :lol:

Darko can be a good player - defensively and a good contributor offensively. I wonder if he and Marc are spurring each other on in a good way to play better.

Hello.

I'm from Serbia. As you see from my nick, I am Man Utd fan, but I love NBA very much, offcourse i'm not fan strong as you, I like national team of Serbia, and his (ex)players. Darko, Peja, Radman, Vlade Divac, Nenad Krstic(former NBA). I hope Darko will stay in Memphis, and not go in Europe.

Mark and Darko are from Eurpoe, and my thinking is that they need to play together as much as it posible, and they gona kickass for month or two. Darko always play very god for Serbia, very immportant player, it can be in M.G. too.

I just want to say one thing, if team want to play god, they must have conections ,friendship, and good atmosfere(dont know the word), something like Sac Kings in 2002. If everyone play for himself, it's only good for personal stats. In the last gamest, it seems that thing are changing, some players make more assist, less ballhog. This is a young team, if they stay together couple years, who knows what they can do.

I just want to say one thing, if team want to play god, they must have conections ,friendship, and good atmosfere(dont know the word), something like Sac Kings in 2002. If everyone play for himself, it's only good for personal stats. In the last gamest, it seems that thing are changing, some players make more assist, less ballhog. This is a young team, if they stay together couple years, who knows what they can do.

The word you're looking for is "chemistry", and I couldn't agree more. There are many on these boards that believe that all you have to do is assemble a team full of talent regardless of chemistry (see the proponents of the Zach Randolph trade) and it will win. One of my friends who is an ex-NFL (American football) player frequently refers to such players as GDI's (the I stands for "individuals"--I'll let everyone else figure out the "GD"). You give me five guys of average talent who enjoy playing together and care more about the team than their own achievements, and you take five guys of above-average talent who are primarily concerned about their stats, and I'll beat you more often than not.

Vladanfor31    0
Hello.

I'm from Serbia. As you see from my nick, I am Man Utd fan, but I love NBA very much, offcourse i'm not fan strong as you, I like national team of Serbia, and his (ex)players. Darko, Peja, Radman, Vlade Divac, Nenad Krstic(former NBA). I hope Darko will stay in Memphis, and not go in Europe.

Mark and Darko are from Eurpoe, and my thinking is that they need to play together as much as it posible, and they gona kickass for month or two. Darko always play very god for Serbia, very immportant player, it can be in M.G. too.

Haha,

nema bas puno nasi na chatu,

ali ima nas par

HPTMatt    0
Hehe, I used to be...I guess hanging around Memphis with King Willie in charge has made me assimilate a little. You know, I'm one of those people that's always drinking the "hater-ade". :)

man, you gotta...

..shake the haters off....

;)

Iavaroni has been working /w Darko personally and I am not surprised that he is coming into his own as of late. He has immense will to improve and succeed. It shows too. His hook shot is really impossible to block, I hope he does a few hundred front of the rim hooks w/ a 9'11" bouncing object in front of him to really develop it.

His awareness of player positioning on the court is getting better. He is looking for something now and knows what he is looking for, instead of looking at bodies.

Joshua    0

Darko is playing at a solid back up level right now.

This means he is hovering at a level of play that should bring no extreme joy nor bashing.

This is the bare bones of what is expected of him.

When he averages near a double double is when he will be living up to what he is capable of doing.

Darko is playing at a solid back up level right now.

This means he is hovering at a level of play that should bring no extreme joy nor bashing.

This is the bare bones of what is expected of him.

When he averages near a double double is when he will be living up to what he is capable of doing.

I really think that most of the complaints are starting to subside, at least while he stays consistent. However, the "joy" you spoke of seems to be out of touch of what he is really producing at the moment. I will be happy to give him his due when he's earned it. But some people still seem to think he has proven his worth.

Vidic_Fan    0
The word you're looking for is "chemistry", and I couldn't agree more. There are many on these boards that believe that all you have to do is assemble a team full of talent regardless of chemistry (see the proponents of the Zach Randolph trade) and it will win. One of my friends who is an ex-NFL (American football) player frequently refers to such players as GDI's (the I stands for "individuals"--I'll let everyone else figure out the "GD"). You give me five guys of average talent who enjoy playing together and care more about the team than their own achievements, and you take five guys of above-average talent who are primarily concerned about their stats, and I'll beat you more often than not.

Absolutly agree, chemistry is one of the keys to success, as you said. Zach Randolph is greath individual, Marbery to, but they ruined NY. Loock NY now, with Lee on c, who play great, rest of team to, and team play better and better, in last 4 game 3 win, 2 on the road.

Mem dont have the same situation but they have early(i hope) chemistry problem, now Mayo play less selphish, Rudy is more acurate.

Mayo - november 2.3 assist 23.1 ppg, december 3.7 assist 18.1 ppg, less for him but more for others

Just need for Rudy to make 3 assist per game , and it will be fine, in december he is more acurate 53-110 .482 for 2 9-23 .391 for 3 in lees minutes than november

but november .433 for 2 and 0.28 for 3

Better balance in game and better pozition for shot, and Rudy play better too.