Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OvintonFan1978

Darko Haters...where did you go?

Since Darko gets multiple threads devoted to bashing him when he plays badly, I thought I'd start a thread to giving him props for his solid play of late. He's obviously working harder and more into the game during the last five games (four of which we won), and he's actually contributing on the offensive end a little. And I believe that his Hulk Hogan impersonation Monday night has given this team a bit of a spark. Anyway, nice little stretch of games for Darko, and I hope he continues to build on it.

Timmy_D    0

I love how is has been playing as of late. I just like the fact that he seems to be accepting his role of being a role player and understanding that he will get easy points if he just plays hard and gets rebounds. He is a very solid defender and I hope he continues to improve on D. And everyone in the world knows he shouldnt have been taken 2nd overall but I hope he finally just forgets about that and becomes a solid role player and helps us get some more wins.

El Guapo    0

Darko's head seems to be in the game a lot more lately and its improving his play.He's been a lot better.Of course,I cant praise him too much for doing what he's SUPPOSED to do.

Iggy    0

Does anyone have a problem with starting him alongside Gasol? The Griz frontline killed the Bulls last night.

dgause    0

He HAS been playing better as of late but I said at the beginning of the year that I wanted 8 pts 4 rebs and a block for his averages. When he can put up his current play for at least a month and become a decent role player, come holla at me. ;)

lazyberbs    0

It's a lot easier to get your head into the game when you play 30 minutes than when you play 12 or 13. And it's a lot easier to play 30 minutes when your head is in the game. Self-fulfilling situation.

Another thing makes it easier, as well. When you expect that you might possibly get a pass or two near the basket, you can be prepared for them, and if you are catching and finishing them, you will get more.

And those 6 offensive boards helped some against the Bulls.

Just keep things going. And Hak coming in as the first big really is working out. I am really glad to see Marc, Darko and Hak getting a lot of minutes. Later on, Arthur can get some but right now, with this rotation, we are winning games, and that aint't all bad, either. If they keep this up, there might be some minutes for Arthur and he will be ready, I hope.

Jacob    0

still overpaid... still only goes to that left handed hook...

i will say this though... he got fouled and jammed it hard at one point in the bulls game... it looked like me out there playing PF with a jam like that... ;)

still overpaid... still only goes to that left handed hook...

i will say this though... he got fouled and jammed it hard at one point in the bulls game... it looked like me out there playing PF with a jam like that... ;)

Only difference? 3 feet in rim height. :P

LOULOU    0

I wish him more success! It'll help us out plenty!

Habanero    0

better play.... still needs to learn how to finish around the basket.

lazyberbs    0

Somebody said that he should rip his jersey more often.

Better idea: He should rip the jerseys off a few of the Grizz teammates and he might get even more lobs and

set-ups. :angry::rolleyes:

grizzdizzle    0
It's a lot easier to get your head into the game when you play 30 minutes than when you play 12 or 13. And it's a lot easier to play 30 minutes when your head is in the game. Self-fulfilling situation.

Another thing makes it easier, as well. When you expect that you might possibly get a pass or two near the basket, you can be prepared for them, and if you are catching and finishing them, you will get more.

And those 6 offensive boards helped some against the Bulls.

Just keep things going. And Hak coming in as the first big really is working out. I am really glad to see Marc, Darko and Hak getting a lot of minutes. Later on, Arthur can get some but right now, with this rotation, we are winning games, and that aint't all bad, either. If they keep this up, there might be some minutes for Arthur and he will be ready, I hope.

Don't act like coach not playing him 30 minutes every game has been the problem -- it's been Darko's inconsistent play and foul problems. Have you noticed that he hasn't gotten 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes these games? He has played much, much better lately and deservedly has been getting more minutes. I hope he keeps it up, because he can be a valuable part of this team.

SOMETHING happened two games ago at halftime during the Gay-Mayo controversy game. After the half, Mayo rifled a tough pass into Darko and he caught it and finished. Other guys have been feeding him in the post, too, and he's been catching and finishing...even Rudy passed it to him a couple of times!!!! And Conley!!! And the big fella is responding.

BTW, the OKC announcers mentioned that D-Milli was "not a primo shotblocker." I wonder what they thought of 4 blocks in 26 minutes?

Something weird is going on. The Grizz are acting like an actual basketball team out there. Is it Halloween? April 1st? Let's hope it lasts.

SOMETHING happened two games ago at halftime during the Gay-Mayo controversy game. After the half, Mayo rifled a tough pass into Darko and he caught it and finished. Other guys have been feeding him in the post, too, and he's been catching and finishing...even Rudy passed it to him a couple of times!!!! And Conley!!! And the big fella is responding.

BTW, the OKC announcers mentioned that D-Milli was "not a primo shotblocker." I wonder what they thought of 4 blocks in 26 minutes?

Something weird is going on. The Grizz are acting like an actual basketball team out there. Is it Halloween? April 1st? Let's hope it lasts.

Is he even better than Kwame Brown???

bballjay    0
Don't act like coach not playing him 30 minutes every game has been the problem -- it's been Darko's inconsistent play and foul problems. Have you noticed that he hasn't gotten 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes these games? He has played much, much better lately and deservedly has been getting more minutes. I hope he keeps it up, because he can be a valuable part of this team.

you get 6 fouls. darko fouling out hasn't been why we were losing. if you get 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes he can still play in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. there is a thing called rhythm and sometimes you need your consistent minutes to get it. iverson is complaining about only getting 35 min is messing his rhythm up so for darko to sometimes get 23 and sometimes 12 it's has to be hard to be consistent.

f-dizzle    0

Darko is not trying as hard. Maybe he has accepted his role as a low post player and a defensive presence in the middle. If he can rebound like he did against Chicago every night, it will be hard not to start him every game.