Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OvintonFan1978

Attention Auction Person--Ripped Darko Jersey

49 posts in this topic

Yeah, I would like to have it too, but the news of this auction has spread like a bad case of herpes and I think most of the people, like me, who really want it will be outbid by somebody with deep pockets,

who just bought it because they had the money to do so. At least it will benefit the kids at the Grizzlies House at St. Jude.

Yeah, I would like to have it too, but the news of this auction has spread like a bad case of herpes and I think most of the people, like me, who really want it will be outbid by somebody with deep pockets,

who just bought it because they had the money to do so. At least it will benefit the kids at the Grizzlies House at St. Jude.

Checked the online auction today and its already up to $400.00 bucks. Its for a good cause though. Think the biding closes the 18th.

Checked the online auction today and its already up to $400.00 bucks. Its for a good cause though. Think the biding closes the 18th.

I hope the people bidding on this realize that it's NOT tax deductible. Well, I suppose you could make an argument that the price in excess of that of an authentic NBA jersey is deductible, but that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny if you were audited due to the uniqueness of the item.

I'm surprised we didn't have a Mike Miller bobblehead night this year...

I hope the people bidding on this realize that it's NOT tax deductible. Well, I suppose you could make an argument that the price in excess of that of an authentic NBA jersey is deductible, but that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny if you were audited due to the uniqueness of the item.

The only comment I can make on these posts. Would be I really feel sorry for you OVintonFan1978.

The Grizzly house at ST. Jude is a realy good cause. A lot of parents have spent every penny they have in hopes of saving their child or love one, and don't have enough money to eat, let alone be able too afford any thing else.

The only comment I can make on these posts. Would be I really feel sorry for you OVintonFan1978.

The Grizzly house at ST. Jude is a realy good cause. A lot of parents have spent every penny they have in hopes of saving their child or love one, and don't have enough money to eat, let alone be able too afford any thing else.

I missed the part where I said that the Grizzlies House is not a worthwhile cause. I was simply trying to be informative--I've been to numerous charity auctions where the auctioneer said "come on people, it's tax deductible" which is almost always incorrect. The website correctly points out that you should consult your tax advisor. Never did I say that you shouldn't bid. At ease, soldier!

So basically you take a joke that I made in response to someone's comment about the Shane Battier posters along with a post where I was trying to convey factual information and you use those to formulate your opinion that I am one to be pitied? You lost me there brother.

I missed the part where I said that the Grizzlies House is not a worthwhile cause. I was simply trying to be informative--I've been to numerous charity auctions where the auctioneer said "come on people, it's tax deductible" which is almost always incorrect. The website correctly points out that you should consult your tax advisor. Never did I say that you shouldn't bid. At ease, soldier!

So basically you take a joke that I made in response to someone's comment about the Shane Battier posters along with a post where I was trying to convey factual information and you use those to formulate your opinion that I am one to be pitied? You lost me there brother.

Read this went back and reread the thread. Seen the Shane comment. I was wrong an you are correct. Sorry guess I was being a little to touchy about the Grizzly House. I just think it's a good cause. Again I was wrong, and I really do mean it when I say I was wrong and apologize.

Read this went back and reread the thread. Seen the Shane comment. I was wrong an you are correct. Sorry guess I was being a little to touchy about the Grizzly House. I just think it's a good cause. Again I was wrong, and I really do mean it when I say I was wrong and apologize.

No problem, we're cool. I actually put in a bid on the jersey myself but it has gotten out of hand. I'm interested to see what it ends up going for.

Just to put things in perspective a bit...early in the season, a jersey worn by O.J. Mayo and in excellent condition was auctioned by the Grizzlies and sold for about $650. With several days left, an auction for a jersey worn by Darko Milicic and in poor condition is currently at $602. Additionally, a Darko Milicic game-worn autographed jersey and shorts set from the Grizzlies' Spain tour last year can be had for $400 in the Grizzlies team store at FedEx Forum.

$927.00 final bid, by volfan1978. Congratulations! And a nice piece of change to Grizzlies House and St. Jude.

Thank you thank you (I'm volfan1978 by the way). I'm just hoping that the guy I'm bidding against wasn't some Serbian crime boss who had is internet connection flake out and who's going to send a hit squad after me. And I'm glad that I could pick up such a sweet piece of Darko memorabilia while helping out a great cause.

Lower level tickets to a Grizz game: $66

Game-used Darko jersey ripped in a fit of rage: $927

Having Darko sign the jersey "To my lover Tim, Darko Milicic": Priceless

Thank you thank you (I'm volfan1978 by the way). I'm just hoping that the guy I'm bidding against wasn't some Serbian crime boss who had is internet connection flake out and who's going to send a hit squad after me. And I'm glad that I could pick up such a sweet piece of Darko memorabilia while helping out a great cause.

HA HA, are you serious??? if so thats awesome. I am glad a grizz fan got it and that st. jude made some nice coin off of it.

So I'm guessing you'll sleep with it in your arms every night and kiss it in the morning and make it breakfast? :lol:

Maybe you'll let me worship it and bask in its glory next time I'm over there. :)

HA HA, are you serious??? if so thats awesome. I am glad a grizz fan got it and that st. jude made some nice coin off of it.

I would have him sign it that way, but I'm too afraid that Darko would rip a 1.5' hole starting at my neckline just for suggesting it.

Maybe you should bring up the fact that you bought this jersey at your next "fan advisory" board meeting. Maybe you'll get a round of applause out of it or something.

Also, at the "season ticket holder party," you could let Darko know that you were the one who bought it and maybe he might talk to you for like 20 or 30 seconds.

Actually I wish they would let me get him to sign it in person...that way I could hatch my plot to slip a bag over his head Borat style and take him home with me. Of course I still haven't worked out how I would get the stepladder past security and how I would explain it when he ripped himself out of the sack and came after me.

You've got the jersey and all, but I still regret that you didn't actually get to see it get ripped off in person. It would be kinda like owning "Oswald's" rifle and only having the Zapruder film to show you what happened. And yes, I did just compare Darko ripping his jersey to the JFK assassination. It's that important.