Sign in to follow this  
Commadoor Sixty-four

M.H.M.O.

Welcome to the MH, MF, DD, Mr. Mayoly argument.

Stage one - 1ST, BE NEGATIVE at all cost, and make sure that nothing positive or constructive is said, implied, or even hinted at.

Stage two - pick specific words from an argument and apply a literal definition, disregard reality of situations and remove the human element completely, hold fast to Webster's definitions and academic applications of words and practices.

Stage three - Question debator's reading comprehension and language skills.

Stage four - Repeat stages 1, 2 and 3, ad nauseum.

Stage five - Question the intelligence of debator in question, imply the inability of debator's communication skills in presenting his/her side.

Stage six - After impling debator's lack of intelligence, lack of grammar and reading comprehension skills, complete lack of understanding of the NBA, basketball, reality, economics, business and consumer interactions, and anything else applied to the conversation, take offense and act surprised by the overwhelming amount of poster's questioning his own fandom, reason for posting, being allowed to continue posting.

Stage seven - ALWAYS have the last word. That's VERY IMPORTANT.

Stage eight - Act completely surprised when a MOD locks the topic and question MOD's ability to moderate and make sure it is questioned in other threads even if they have absolutely nothing to do with the locked topic.

That is the M.H.M.O.

Hilarious post C64,hall of fame worthy.....but,am I the only one who is not 100% convinced Mayoly is MH? I'll admit there are striking similarities to both posters,both taking the negative angle,obviously...but I remember MH's posts usually having strong points(albeit negative) and a certain wit to them.To put it better....I remember laughing a lot at the MH posts,unlike Mayoly's.There was a certain cleverness to them,if you will.Also,isnt "Mayoly" a name change from the temporary Mayo-name-switch that Zack started earlier this past summer? MH (judging from posts)never struck me as someone who would participate in that kind of frolicking.Nonetheless.....thought I would just throw that out there.

Hilarious post C64,hall of fame worthy.....but,am I the only one who is not 100% convinced Mayoly is MH? I'll admit there are striking similarities to both posters,both taking the negative angle,obviously...but I remember MH's posts usually having strong points(albeit negative) and a certain wit to them.To put it better....I remember laughing a lot at the MH posts,unlike Mayoly's.There was a certain cleverness to them,if you will.Also,isnt "Mayoly" a name change from the temporary Mayo-name-switch that Zack started earlier this past summer? MH (judging from posts)never struck me as someone who would participate in that kind of frolicking.Nonetheless.....thought I would just throw that out there.

I didn't write it, some "Schlub" did. ;)

He went by Mr. Friendly for a time a while back, I remember it being hilarious at the time.

Mr. Mayoly is a "Mayoed" version of Mr. Friendly.

I didn't write it, some "Schlub" did. ;)

He went by Mr. Friendly for a time a while back, I remember it being hilarious at the time.

Mr. Mayoly is a "Mayoed" version of Mr. Friendly.

Oh yeah....forgot Mr. Friendly....that was a good one at the time.....but thats a good example of my point....where's the humor gone? He comes across as just an act now.

Also correct on Schlub....my brain cells have abandoned me-Schlub seemed destined for greatness--he left too soon. :D

Mr. Mayoly is Memphis Horribilis. If I were a gambler (which I am not), I'd take huge $ on it.

And 64-you forgot one thing....MH gets to decide when there should or should not be latitude when it comes to taking things literally.

C-64, you are hilarious....have you ever thought of taking up comedy as a full-time profession?

Wasnt their also a temporary "borrowing" of the name Roundtown by Mayoly/MH until the other Roundtown,or someone called him out on it? Why not just go back to MH? For someone who comes across as anti-Grizz,why would you continue using a player's name for a screen name? Maybe go back to Memphis Horribilis Classic or something.

Also,congrats to me on my number of the beast post....shouldve timed it for Halloween,though. :D

LMAO...

Very good stuff.

This thread is mostly going to be appreciated by those posters who have been around for a few years.

Stage one - 1ST, BE NEGATIVE at all cost, and make sure that nothing positive or constructive is said, implied, or even hinted at.

Stage two - pick specific words from an argument and apply a literal definition, disregard reality of situations and remove the human element completely, hold fast to Webster's definitions and academic applications of words and practices.

Stage five - Question the intelligence of debator in question, imply the inability of debator's communication skills in presenting his/her side.

Stage six - After impling debator's lack of intelligence, lack of grammar and reading comprehension skills, complete lack of understanding of the NBA, basketball, reality, economics, business and consumer interactions, and anything else applied to the conversation, take offense and act surprised by the overwhelming amount of poster's questioning his own fandom, reason for posting, being allowed to continue posting.

Stage eight - Act completely surprised when a MOD locks the topic and question MOD's ability to moderate and make sure it is questioned in other threads even if they have absolutely nothing to do with the locked topic.

That is the M.H.M.O.

By George I think he's got it!

myfair3.jpg

I wonder why Mayoly hasn't responded yet? He's posting in other threads. Check out his post in the "guess tonight's attendance" thread. Stage 2 in full effect.

Hmmmmmmmmm

That is the M.H.M.O.

very nice.

Add Stage Nine - never start a thread with an original thought, opinion or comment of his own. Always react to what someone else opines. It's much easier to be a tool that way and you always protect yourself.

I didn't start this to call anyone names, specifically Mr. Mayoly.

I harbor no ill will towards him whatsoever, in fact, I respect him to an extent, that his opinion never wavers.

Unfortunately it's always negative.

He is a great debator and does provide interesting points of view on things, except when he dives off into the deep end of minutiae, unfortunately that does seem to be more the norm these days rather than the exception.

I honestly look forward to the day he provides something positive to this forum and will respectfully disagree with him until that day comes, if it ever comes, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

In fact, I was one of the only ones, if not the only one who recommended to the mods to let him back on the boards when he was banned for a time, a year or so ago.

I also think he should go back to being Memphis Horribilis, as that is the most clever name, ever, I wish I would have thought of it.

(Ursus horribilis is latin for "grizzly bear" for those who didn't know.)

Bump.

In honor of MH (or should I say Battier)'s return!

LOL. He just couldn't resist. The boards are almost like crack, just not whack. rimshot.gif

I have been reading the boards off and on for a few years. I recognize some of the names you all have mentioned but not all. In fact there is one name in particular that was listed that I figured I would end up having a run in with at some point once I started posting. One thing I've learned from years on message boards, is that some people just argue to argue. They might not even believe in what they are saying, they are just doing it for the love of disagreement. In any case, great post/find C64.

I'm laughing because I know none of these people. Dangit, I missed it. Hahaha.

I joined in 11/2008.

There were a couple of guys on CA.com that I would argue with repeatedly a few years back that fit this description, though. One named DMAN and the named something that sounded like CP30 and both of them have faded into the wind as well. LOL!

I like the idea the name "Memphis Horribilis Classic". That's really funny to me. However my favorite MH Moment, was when someone posted a thread titled "Argue with Memphis Horribilis here". Mucho Hilarious.

I'm laughing because I know none of these people. Dangit, I missed it. Hahaha.

Consider yourself lucky.

I think MH is back in disguise. He's like Sherlock Holmes' "Moriarty'

" Keep step Watson; the game is on"