Sign in to follow this  
JorgeP

New and improved!

Mr. Mayoly    0
Besides the "Delete Posts" button, what else sucks about the usability?

The "quote" and "reply" buttons don't match up with the proper post.

82352262ge5.jpg

As you can see, the "quote" and "reply" button are in the same header area as post #2, and in the same area as the author of post #2; however, they actually are the buttons for post #1. Same for the "top" and "report" buttons. This is very annoying.

NancyW    0

I really like the look of the new boards and the tools are awesome, but it's going to take some getting used to for all of us I'm sure.

Great job, folks!

Neon Leon    0
The "quote" and "reply" buttons don't match up with the proper post.

82352262ge5.jpg

As you can see, the "quote" and "reply" button are in the same header area as post #2, and in the same area as the author of post #2; however, they actually are the buttons for post #1. Same for the "top" and "report" buttons. This is very annoying.

Mayoly, I think this is more of a design issue that we're just not used to. If you look at a page with a bunch of posts as a whole, the blue bar acts as a divider between posts, and there's an implied delineator between the top and bottom halfs of the blue bar. I added dotted lines here to show the implied delineator:

88200882128amln1.jpg

Mr. Mayoly    0
Mayoly, I think this is more of a design issue that we're just not used to. If you look at a page with a bunch of posts as a whole, the blue bar acts as a divider between posts, and there's an implied delineator between the top and bottom halfs of the blue bar. I added dotted lines here to show the implied delineator:
Well the "design issue" sucks. There is no implied delineation since elements relating to both above and below posts are contained within the same boxed area. Drawing or visualizing an imaginary dashed line does not make for an implied delineation either. There is no design element to imply any sort of delineation or demarcation. In fact, the top of the blue box has a hard line whereas the bottom of the blue box has none, further suggesting that everything in the blue box is associated with the following post. THAT's implication.

Warbirdz12    0
Yay! Unnecessary clutter that adds nothing and makes the board look like every other forum on the internet!

Oh, you can turn them off. Thank god.

There is a reason every other forum on the internet has sigs and avatars: it's what people want. Plus, it helps to distinguish specific posters when you are reading through a thread.

There is a reason every other forum on the internet has sigs and avatars: it's what people want. Plus, it helps to distinguish specific posters when you are reading through a thread.

Until someone inevitably does something which gets them taken away.

JorgeP    0
Well the "design issue" sucks. There is no implied delineation since elements relating to both above and below posts are contained within the same boxed area. Drawing or visualizing an imaginary dashed line does not make for an implied delineation either. There is no design element to imply any sort of delineation or demarcation. In fact, the top of the blue box has a hard line whereas the bottom of the blue box has none, further suggesting that everything in the blue box is associated with the following post. THAT's implication.

I agree that the separation needs to be more obvious. Most usability issues can't be tested until we have regular users in front of it, so there will be plenty of tweaking of the design in the days and weeks to come.

I'll try to do something about the post spacing today.

Hopefully things will suck less very soon, Mr. Mayoly.

JorgeP    0
sure...

example 1

go to the Rockets game thread.....

the posts look out of order...

example 2

goto the "great article" thread...

the posts are out of order, some of my posts giving the OP a hard time are deleted (probably for the better...hehehe)....the quoted text isn't there.....etc....

OK, posts should be in order now. I haven't looked everywhere, but it seems OK so far.

If anyone sees them wrong somewhere, reply please.

Mr. Mayoly    0
OK, posts should be in order now. I haven't looked everywhere, but it seems OK so far.

If anyone sees them wrong somewhere, reply please.

Still no delete. Also, you can't quote more than one response at time like on the old board.

I just did.

Mr. Mayoly    0
How? I can just quote what you posted.

Interestingly, I just hit the reply button (the one beside the quote button) just now and it automatically quoted you. Didn't expect that.

But to answer your question, just turn on the quote button for each post you wish to quote, then hit the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately, under the old board, you could highlight with your cursor the portion you wished to quote and when you hit the quote button, it would only contain what you highlighted and not the full post. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Interestingly, I just hit the reply button (the one beside the quote button) just now and it automatically quoted you. Didn't expect that.

But to answer your question, just turn on the quote button for each post you wish to quote, then hit the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately, under the old board, you could highlight with your cursor the portion you wished to quote and when you hit the quote button, it would only contain what you highlighted and not the full post. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

I don't seem to be able do it because if I could my "How? I can only quote what you posted." would be quoted here too.

Mr. Mayoly    0
How? I can just quote what you posted.

I don't seem to be able do it because if I could my "How? I can only quote what you posted." would be quoted here too.

Works for me. Tell me exactly what you are doing.

GrizzWiz    0

I also noticed that in older threads (pre-revamp) there are some problems. For example, I've noticed that some of the quotes are gone. It will simply say "quote", but the actual quote is missing. It's probably not worth going back and fixing since it is only a problem for older threads. But is does make them difficult to read since some of the material is missing.

Neon Leon    0
just turn on the quote button for each post you wish to quote, then hit the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Good find, Mayoly. I was wondering why that "Quote" button was below each post, when clicking the "Reply" button under a post automatically quotes it.

So to reiterate, you can click the "Quote" button under multiple posts on a page, then click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page, and all the posts you selected will be quoted. Nice feature.

Chip will be beside himself with glee. B)

Mr. Mayoly    0
Good find, Mayoly. I was wondering why that "Quote" button was below each post, when clicking the "Reply" button under a post automatically quotes it.

So to reiterate, you can click the "Quote" button under multiple posts on a page, then click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page, and all the posts you selected will be quoted. Nice feature.

Yes. It MUST be the reply button AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. It does not work hitting a reply button attached to a post. I suspect that's what draft someone good was doing.

SC Grizz    0

Wow, I just got this thing to work (finally) but there is a lot more stuff to do on here. :blink:

I'll have to play around on here a bit more before I figure it all out.

Nice upgrade! And great news about J. Smith!

Holla

Sign in to follow this