Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirtydovagriz

Nenad Krstic Anyone?

64 posts in this topic

Low risk/high reward?

I consider it a high risk/high reward when that piece of cap room that you are throwing at Nenad could be used to lure over Boozer or Stoudamire, but that's just me.

I seem to be in the minority on this one though. For the record, I have no problems with Krstic's game, but I can see another Cardinal contract on our hands in the future.

With the Nets having Yi/Brook Lopez/Josh Boone and prob. resigning Kristic. Id rather offer Lowry/Warrick for CDR/Sean Williams.

I think CDR got drafted to low and was a major pick up for the nets at 40, but I don't really want him on the Grizzlies...fans will complain when we lose and he doesn't get playing time...even though Mayo and JCritt are probably better options than CDR...I just have an issue with a Tiger (that isn't just freakin' unbelievable) on the Grizzlies. In a town like Detroit, it might work to have a Michigan or Michigan St. guy, but Memphis is a Tiger town first and I think fans would just get ****** off if he was sitting the bench while we were losing....even if there were valid reasons.

With Gay, add in Boone, trade for Villanueva and sign Okafor and we can have a mini Husky reunion. (Sheesh maybe lure Ray-Ray in a couple of years to fill out the roster - heck draft Hasheem with the 1st pick next year!)

CDR is big enough to play the 3.... he is Rudy's backup. And Sean Williams and Darrell Arthur can battle for the starting PF job all year.

I have no problem with Kristic if he comes cheap (less than $4 mil a year) and understands he is a back up. I dont want him as our starter just because I think we need to add toughness to our starting front line.

I am willing to take Krstic to be a sub, not the focal point. As much as I hate Pau, I wouldnt have minded having him here if he knew he was the third option on a good team and was paid that way.

We might as well have an all Serbia team with Kristic, Milicic and Jaric. Kristic would be a nice addition though.

Kwame never averaged 16.4ppg and 6.8rpg, even though Kristic only played 26 games that season. The season he played 80 games which was before that season, he averaged 13.5ppg, 6.4rpg, 0.8bpg.

The Nets and Krstic's agent are discussing sign and trade options. He just wants a longer deal then the 2 years that NJ is throwing at him. I have no issues giving this guy a 5 year deal, with a team option after the 3rd year, somewhere in the 3-4 million dollar range per year.

1. He is nothing like Pau, the only thing they have in common is they are white Europeans.

2. Pau was a MAX money player, Kristic would be signed for MAYBE 4 million tops.

3. He can easily be had for a sign and trade since he is not in the long term plans of the nets.

4. All star potential? yes, like Kwame Brown, absolutely not. Kwame has never averaged anywhere near what Kristic averaged in 2 seasons prior to his injury

5. The guy is about to turn 25. Like some other posters stated. he is definitely worth a long term deal with a 3rd year team option. Low risk/High reward without a doubt.

You have to realize there are certain players who just can't get it done and we can't just gamble on the glimpse of what they showed. Certainly Kristic isn't the one who we should gamble on.

*home game after 5-10 games after playing like garbage because he no longer is playing with guys like Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson and knee never heal properly*

"and introducing... from Serbia.... 7ft 240lbs... #12....NNEEEEENNNNAAAAD KRRRRRRIIIISSSSTIIIICCCCCC"

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he's the next custodian. so, i think he's gonna be just a waste if we sign him.

Nothing against him though, it's only that his injury has really affected his performance, severely.

I think CDR could get his playing time when Conley is on the bench by letting Mayo try to run the point. Homer or not CDR will have a long career in this league. (JMO)