Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirtydovagriz

Nenad Krstic Anyone?

64 posts in this topic

The Nets appear to be parting ways with Nenad, per the rumor mill today. Would anyone think this could be a good addition at PF for a team desiring a player in this area? 2 years ago, prior to his injury, he was 16 ppg and 7 rpg performer for the Nets. He could possibly be had for minimal dollars and this is a position of need for us.

Definitely he is one of the most underrated players out there. I'd rather have him than Josh Smith.

A low ball offer might be of some interest. 12 mill frontload 3 yr contract (5-4-3), is a low risk high reward situation.

His knee recovery is a concern but it shouldn't be a problem if he passes a medical review.

He lacks what we need most and thats toughness & rebounding. He reminds me of a past 7'0 player we had at the 4.

I think Krstic is an interesting player, but I don't think our team is in the kind of situation (financially or player/personnel wise) right now to take a gamble on a guy with his history of injuries.

Just say no.

On top of that, why would you make this signing if your stated intention was to pursue a free agent next season?

New Jersey was pretty conservative with his play once he finally returned. When he played 25+ minutes, he put up solid numbers.

I'm with PMI, if he passes a physical I think he deserves a serious look. He's just about to turn 25, so he'd qualify for the 3 year plan...

In defense of PMI, Kristic tore his ACL 3/4ths of the way through the 2006-07 season but came back ahead of schedule last season and was not fit. Players tear their ACL's and if their game is based on explosive leaping then it can be career damaging but Kristic is a skills player who gets blocks by timing and positioning not inate leaping ability.

Plus Kristic wrote in his blog that he feels he rushed back from the injury too quickly and feels he let down the Nets last season. He is motivated to show people he is a better player than he exhibited last season.

I definately think he is worth a contract on but I fully expect the Nets to match any offer the Grizzlies would make.

If we are going to go through the trouble of trying to do sign/trade deals and all of that why not target a guy who doesn't have health questions and actually fits our needs.

Also, not sure who else we are gonna get in a sign in trade that is gonna be so great...Lee? I don't see that happening.

Avalaibility and price tag, those are the 2 reasons you are looking for.

I'd rather go to a sign and trade for Josh Smith in exchange of whoever but Mayo and Gay (and not both Conley+Gasol), preferably around 10 mill/year, but that might not be the case.

Perhaps IF GSW gets Brand, we could try to get B. Wright. Though Elton may remain in LA or Philly (they have better overall talent at this point)

Kristic is a scorer... we need a proven defender and rounder not another *promising* 7ft European. I don't believe any of the promises from Europe.

Are you kidding me? We have ZERO frontcourt scoring as of now that we know can score in the NBA. We are banking on Gasol being a back to the basket scorer at this point. Warrick can't score on the block. No one knows if Arthur will be able to and Darko is...Darko. I would rather take a flyer on him at 3 mil a year for a few years than pay Josh Smith max money for 5 or 6 years. And yes, Krstic fits our needs more than Smith.

If we currently have 'ZERO frontcourt scoring' what did the Grizzlies have last year - negative scoring?