Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

The 2018 Free Agents

Y'all need to stop with Avery Bradley crap. The more research I do, the more it shows he is more reputation than substance. Who has an answer for those shooting percentages I posted?

On 2/16/2018 at 4:00 PM, lsugrizzfan said:

So I went to NBA.com and looked up opponents shooting percentages against Avery Bradley. The website breaks down the shooting percentages into ranges: less than 5 feet, 5-9 feet, 10-14 feet, 15-19 feet, 20-24 feet, 25-29 feet. I've included a couple of defensive stalwarts as people to compare Bradley to- Ben McLemore and Damian Lillard (sarcasm intended)

Bradley: 63.2%, 40%, 44.1%, 41.4%, 39.7%, 38%

McLemore: 60.7%, 36.6%, 41.6%, 36.1%, 36.6%, 36.9%

Lillard: 55.6%, 44.6%, 41.9%, 42.6%, 39.5%, 36.1%

I think extremely low of McLemore, but maybe I shouldn't. After all, he is holding opponents to a lower shooting percentage in every range than Bradley. So I moved on to Lillard because every one always screams "Conley is better than Lillard because Lillard can't play defense." And Lillard's percentages are eerily similar to Bradley's. So either Lillard is an all NBA defender now or maybe Bradley is overrated and overhyped.

I thought I was done with this, then I thought of your response: But Bradley always has to guard the best guys on the other team. Of course they are going to shoot higher percentages. So I decided to look at some guys who always take on the top perimeter threat from the other team- Andre Roberson, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson.

Roberson: 62.5%, 39.6%, 37.6%, 30.8%, 39.3%, 28.7%

Butler: 64.9%, 37.3%, 38.6%, 38.6%, 36.2%, 35.7%

Thompson: 60.1%, 33.7%, 35%, 39.8%, 34%, 36.4%

Ouch! Wow, Bradley loses every category except less than 5 feet against Jimmy Butler. So please forgive me if I just don't believe in Bradley.

Bradley had 1 good year that he was a top 5 defender. Now he is average at best.

So if Bradley were on the team right now would he not be the best 2 guard option outside of Reke. 

We better swing for the most impactful players and by the way deals are being made or better yet not made we need guys who can contribute immediately 

I'm not sure he is better than what Selden or Brooks will continue to become. He might be. And I'd be all for Bradley at a price of $4-6 million, but that isn't happening. I also don't care if Brooks and Selden are worse than Bradley if we have to pay Bradley $10+ million a year.