you guys are comical...first off we don't know what the Grizzs was offered for Reke...secondly I'm sure the FO and Reke had great communication of the matter going by JB say in an  interview that the Grizz org had have talks with Reke's agent about the matter..so we cant assume Reke is not going to be happy about how things have played out (maybe he wants a LouWiliamsdeal?)...so you guys are mad because no one was willing to give us what Reke was valued as..so CW is a terrible GM for trying to keep a VERY talent guy and convince him to return to a team that truly is going to need his level of talent next season (him and Conely could be a top 5 backcourt)

5 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

you guys are comical...first off we don't know what the Grizzs was offered for Reke...

The Grizzlies passed on future options in the hope that they resign Evans, a player who’s had 3 knee surgeries, resigns and repeats this year’s performance when they could just  easily resign him this summer (if Reke actually wants to stay in Memphis) and have the future assets that could be traded to sweeten a deal). The team got nothing for something in other words. That’s not even factoring in the run for the lottery ping pong balls.

secondly I'm sure the FO and Reke had great communication of the matter going by JB say in an  interview that the Grizz org had have talks with Reke's agent about the matter..so we cant assume Reke is not going to be happy about how things have played out (maybe he wants a LouWiliamsdeal?)...

Any player that would prefer not to be traded to a contender for a run for a title has serious motivation issues. When you compound that with the fact that said player has never played in the playoffs and you have to wonder what he actually wants from his career. It wouldn’t change Reke’s salary structure this season or if he could resign with Memphis this summer. This is solely a question of making it to the playoffs and possibly a title. I can’t believe Reke wouldn’t prefer a playoff run despite what the FO is saying.

so you guys are mad because no one was willing to give us what Reke was valued as..so CW is a terrible GM for trying to keep a VERY talent guy and convince him to return to a team that truly is going to need his level of talent next season (him and Conely could be a top 5 backcourt)

Once again the issue isn’t resigning Reke. The team can do that regardless of him being traded. The issue is this season and the future. Evans does nothing for this season and his playing could actually harm the Grizzlies future. 

Wallace’s job as GM is to get the team into the best possible position to compete now and in the future. Not moving Reke today failed on both accounts. 

Tyreke found out today he ain't worth 2 second round picks. He better resign to the Grizz for part of the MLE if he wants to get paid at all. The big spending summers of a couple years ago are over. Teams are not spending money. I'd rather lose Reke for nothing this summer than to get two worthless picks that would just take up two roster spots. Use the rest of this year to evaluate our young guns. I think we'll sit Reke and Gasol at the right time. Since the Pau trade, every team tries to fleece the Grizz for our players. Low ball offers! 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

When you compound that with the fact that said player has never played in the playoffs and you have to wonder what he actually wants from his career. 

Tyreke started 4 games for the Pelicans in the 2014-15 playoffs. 

1 hour ago, f-dizzle said:

Tyreke found out today he ain't worth 2 second round picks. He better resign to the Grizz for part of the MLE if he wants to get paid at all. The big spending summers of a couple years ago are over. Teams are not spending money. I'd rather lose Reke for nothing this summer than to get two worthless picks that would just take up two roster spots. Use the rest of this year to evaluate our young guns. I think we'll sit Reke and Gasol at the right time. Since the Pau trade, every team tries to fleece the Grizz for our players. Low ball offers! 

I disagree with that. Wallace didn't want to accept what was offered. I wouldn't say that Chris Wallace is the benchmark for NBA GMs so it doesn't mean much to me. He definitely wasn't worth a 1st round pick as so many people on this board thought he was worth. I do agree that i would not want 2 worthless 2nd round picks back. I don't understand this board sometimes. I have no idea why people had so much hope that Wallace would even make a trade let alone make a trade that benefitted the Grizzz. 

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

you guys are comical...first off we don't know what the Grizzs was offered for Reke...secondly I'm sure the FO and Reke had great communication of the matter going by JB say in an  interview that the Grizz org had have talks with Reke's agent about the matter..so we cant assume Reke is not going to be happy about how things have played out (maybe he wants a LouWiliamsdeal?)...so you guys are mad because no one was willing to give us what Reke was valued as..so CW is a terrible GM for trying to keep a VERY talent guy and convince him to return to a team that truly is going to need his level of talent next season (him and Conely could be a top 5 backcourt)

Do a tad bit of research and you can see multiple deals that were offered and left on the table.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Wallace’s job as GM is to get the team into the best possible position to compete now and in the future. Not moving Reke today failed on both accounts. 

all your points are based on assumptions...you don't know what talks reka and the FO has had...for all you know he could have asked not to be traded unless to a certain team or  situation...the point is you don't no the FACTS of the situation.

8 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I wonder that myself.

This odd dictate that they didn't want to take back any salary for next year was perplexing. Heck, Mudiay doesn't make much to begin with.

Maybe Pera is hemorrhaging money and every deal has to be run by him.

Even so, that's just today.

Chip's larger overall point is the reason SOMETHING has to change and that something is Chris Wallace.

Either hire a better GM if you're serious about winning OR hire us another scapegoat...the fanbase is burned out on blaming Chris Wallace. Only so many times you can beat a dead horse.

Ubiquity missed its earnings and the stock was down 14% today. 

Strange trade deadline. Maybe 29 NBA owners got margin calls.

if Tyreke would be resigning for less money then boy I sure hope he does.

We have to give them a chance to play even just 1 season in full strength. 

4 hours ago, Gradey said:

Do a tad bit of research and you can see multiple deals that were offered and left on the table.

You and, I assume, the on-again-off-again bandwagon guy know about these firm deals that were rejected. Could you list them or better yet point me in the right direction, researchwise?

1 hour ago, Iron Mike said:

if Tyreke would be resigning for less money then boy I sure hope he does.

We have to give them a chance to play even just 1 season in full strength. 

Why? What do you think is going to happen? 

5 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Why? What do you think is going to happen? 

I'm happy with just being competitive in the playoffs. 

WE ain't winning a ring in this lifetime. Let's be real.

42 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

I'm happy with just being competitive in the playoffs. 

WE ain't winning a ring in this lifetime. Let's be real.

The question is why do you think that group will make the playoffs?

1 minute ago, MemphisX said:

The question is why do you think that group will make the playoffs?

We started good, right? Things just didn't click this year, imo.

im still torned.. I am furious with how the organization handled it and that they didn't swing for a young player on a good contract (Mudiay?). but no way I want Ainges garbage. (yes they have many 2nds but we have no idea what type of protection etc..). 2 2s in the 50s is not worth much even if can be included in a trade. Then I would rather have the team tell the lowballing GMs to F off.

I just don't know how far we can get with a nucleous of Conley Reke Gasol and pick and I just don't get how we play this out this year... want to maximize lotto chance while Reke wants to maximize his contract

9 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

all your points are based on assumptions...you don't know what talks reka and the FO has had...for all you know he could have asked not to be traded unless to a certain team or  situation...the point is you don't no the FACTS of the situation.

Great argument but ultimately completely irrelevant. Wallace’s job isn’t to do what the players want. His job is to do what is best for the franchise. Keeping Evans on the roster for the next two months is not in the best interest of the franchise. 

This is do know.

11 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

I do agree that i would not want 2 worthless 2nd round picks back.

Mo Williams, Anderson Varejão, Louis Williams, Marcin Gortat, Amir Johnson, Carl Landry, Nikola Peković, Lance Stephenson, Chandler Parsons, Jae Crowder, Khris Middleton, Jordan Clarkson, Monta Ellis, Kyle Korver, Hassan Whiteside, Goran Dragić, DeAndre Jordan, Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Marc Gasol. All dudes picked with “WORTHLESS second round picks”.

16 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Mo Williams, Anderson Varejão, Louis Williams, Marcin Gortat, Amir Johnson, Carl Landry, Nikola Peković, Lance Stephenson, Chandler Parsons, Jae Crowder, Khris Middleton, Jordan Clarkson, Monta Ellis, Kyle Korver, Hassan Whiteside, Goran Dragić, DeAndre Jordan, Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Marc Gasol. All dudes picked with “WORTHLESS second round picks”.

you forgot one thing chris Wallace would be making draft. we had hassn whiteside and chris Wallace let him go

8 minutes ago, lions said:

you forgot one thing chris Wallace would be making draft. we had hassn whiteside and chris Wallace let him go

All the more reason to let him go. This franchise needs a real GM not someone who only knows how to trade with the Celtics or give up 1st round picks for no reason or my favorite pass on AllStars for  Cocaine addicts and McDonald’s All-Americans that washed out in college. 

Im on the Mudiay watch in New York and if he starts I am willing to bet anyone that he will be a double figures scorer the rest of the year.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Im on the Mudiay watch in New York and if he starts I am willing to bet anyone that he will be a double figures scorer the rest of the year.

Same here.