I've been saying this for YEARS. Honestly, the whole front office needs to be wiped out. Start anew. The longer we wait, the worse position we allow this franchise to fall into. This should have been done years ago and we may not be in this mess. Now, clearing house isn't going to solve the problem, we need to get some good guys in those positions to get us out of this hole - BUT clearing house is step 1 and it needs to be taken ASAP

He needs a chance to give an explanation. 
Except that I can't imagine what he could say that would make sense. 

2 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Please at least fire him before he ****s up another lottery pick.

AMEN. Please don't let him be our GM heading into this draft. Please have someone new, with a high basketball IQ, calling the shots by then.

51 minutes ago, guillermo said:

Is CW even calling the shots? Or is he just the PR mouthpiece? GM in name only

He is the GM so whatever happens falls on him regardless if he is involved or not 

50 minutes ago, guillermo said:

My money is he's just executing whatever he's being told from above, but at this point it doesn't matter. If he doesn't get fired, then this is on the entire FO and ownership.

51 minutes ago, guillermo said:

I wonder that myself.

This odd dictate that they didn't want to take back any salary for next year was perplexing. Heck, Mudiay doesn't make much to begin with.

Maybe Pera is hemorrhaging money and every deal has to be run by him.

Even so, that's just today.

Chip's larger overall point is the reason SOMETHING has to change and that something is Chris Wallace.

Either hire a better GM if you're serious about winning OR hire us another scapegoat...the fanbase is burned out on blaming Chris Wallace. Only so many times you can beat a dead horse.

9 minutes ago, TimBC said:

"We are committed to putting the best product on the court and after considering all the options we though retaining Tyreke Evans gave us the best options for a rally to make the playoffs."

5 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Wallace's incompetence has been going on before Pera took over, so I'm not tryna hear that he's not calling shots.

Yeah, but was Heisley calling the shots? Thabeet?

We know when the new group demoted Wallace, they also made a lot of crap decisions.

These things tend to work from top on down.

IMO

23 minutes ago, TimBC said:

I agree, but like I said earlier, I think he is the mouthpiece of a rather dysfunctional FO.  They'll send Wallace out to make a speech about believing it is easier to re-sign Tyreke at the MLE if he is already here vs if he is elsewhere.  He'll take the shots, and the rest of the FO will be unavailable for comment. Hollinger used to freaking write for ESPN.com, and he can't release any type of statement?  It's like that everytime.

In his defense, most posters thought Tyreke was valued at a 1st rounder with many wanting to pick up some version of Ben McLemore 2.0, and I don't think that taking on future salary and giving up a roster spot was worth many of the names being floated.  It would have been nice to get back a couple 2nd rounders though, unless there was something from Tyreke indicating his desire to stay here.

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I agree, but like I said earlier, I think he is the mouthpiece of a rather dysfunctional FO.  They'll send Wallace out to make a speech about believing it is easier to re-sign Tyreke at the MLE if he is already here vs if he is elsewhere.  He'll take the shots, and the rest of the FO will be unavailable for comment. Hollinger used to freaking write for ESPN.com, and he can't release any type of statement?  It's like that everytime.

In his defense, most posters thought Tyreke was valued at a 1st rounder with many wanting to pick up some version of Ben McLemore 2.0, and I don't think that taking on future salary and giving up a roster spot was worth many of the names being floated.  It would have been nice to get back a couple 2nd rounders though, unless there was something from Tyreke indicating his desire to stay here.

Right, I just wonder how it all works out with the tank involved?

Tyreke all of a sudden gonna get bone spurs? Or they just gonna sit him every 4th quarter?

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I know I am not the first to say it. I was late to the bandwagon for sure but it is time to face facts and the Grizzlies need to fire Chris Wallace immediately. In the last 8 months we have seen him trade Troy Daniels and a second round pick (that Phoenix turned into Elfrid Peyton today), signed Rade Zagorac then waived him before the start of the season, signed Ben McLemore for Tony Allen's money, allowed Tony Allen, Vince Carter and Zach Randolph, waived 2016 first round draft Wade Baldwin to keep Mario Chalmers who can walk as an unrestricted FA this summer and fired the Head Coach he hired 18 months earlier. 

He has lost complete control of situation. He needs to go. 

Well, I mean, sure....when you put it like that. Lol

The sad thing is knowing that our owner doesn't care about the team to make you feel comfortable and confident that Wallace won't be here next year

I,m back after a week, my computer crash . how can you send a player home. you tell him he will be  traded and then not a f---- thing happens .t evans will never resign with the grizzlies and good luck SIGNING  any F.E

Gasol is 33 years coming off foot problems . and he takes no offers 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I know I am not the first to say it. I was late to the bandwagon for sure but it is time to face facts and the Grizzlies need to fire Chris Wallace immediately. In the last 8 months we have seen him trade Troy Daniels and a second round pick (that Phoenix turned into Elfrid Peyton today), signed Rade Zagorac then waived him before the start of the season, signed Ben McLemore for Tony Allen's money, allowed Tony Allen, Vince Carter and Zach Randolph, waived 2016 first round draft Wade Baldwin to keep Mario Chalmers who can walk as an unrestricted FA this summer and fired the Head Coach he hired 18 months earlier. 

He has lost complete control of situation. He needs to go. 

Good  luck trying to interview chris Wallace now. chip

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

"We are committed to putting the best product on the court and after considering all the options we though retaining Tyreke Evans gave us the best options for a rally to make the playoffs."

That does NOT make sense. Do we earn that much from two home playoff games?