Kevin B Moses

Could the grizzlies land Kevin Love? And if so, would we want to?

The grizzlies could offer: Jam Green (Kevin's replacement), Tyreke Evans (scoring punch), Brandon Wright (expiring contract), and maybe a couple of 2nd round picks.

In this deal, the cavs will save about 42 million on contract to a player that is disgruntled.

The grizzlies get that low post presence we need. I kinda think the cavs would do this deal, but would the grizzlies? Pera might be a little weary of another injured player. But Love with Mike and Marc, plus a top 10 draft pick and our young players have to be good next year right? Plus love's deal coincides with Marc's and Mike's deal nicely.

Only way this happens is if Marc is involved. Think Gasol, Wright, and Tyreke for Love and Shumpert

Kevin Love joins the Grizzlies, his 6-8 week injury magically turns into season ending, and we cruise towards a top 3 pick. What's not to like?

Nah, no way this is happening. Unless the Cavs already know Lebron is bolting there's no way they get rid of Love for JaM and a 6 month rental.

3 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

Only way this happens is if Marc is involved. Think Gasol, Wright, and Tyreke for Love and Shumpert

You can trade Love for Gasol straight up.

I'm not doing that deal above without them throwing in a young guy that has some potential - maybe Zizic.

Otherwise, you are basically trading Wright/Tyreke for Shumpert, who's a bum.

2 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

You can trade Love for Gasol straight up.

I'm not doing that deal above without them throwing in a young guy that has some potential - maybe Zizic.

Otherwise, you are basically trading Wright/Tyreke for Shumpert, who's a bum.

Yeah I don't believe it happens...and the Cavs are greedy enough to want more than just Marc. They would demand Tyreke I believe...I would pass on this...Love and Parsons kind of remind me of each other...Both usually hurt. Both a little washed up.

Not a fan of Love but he would easily be our best player. I mean i guess if you want to win 45 games next year, this is an ok idea.

4 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Yeah I don't believe it happens...and the Cavs are greedy enough to want more than just Marc. They would demand Tyreke I believe...I would pass on this...Love and Parsons kind of remind me of each other...Both usually hurt. Both a little washed up.

I'm with you. I think they'd probably want more than Marc given the age difference. I'd include Tyreke if it came with an option to pick swap with the Brooklyn pick.

15 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I'm with you. I think they'd probably want more than Marc given the age difference. I'd include Tyreke if it came with an option to pick swap with the Brooklyn pick.

The cavs want to win this year and blow it up next year. Marc only satisfies one of those. The cavs aren't looking for long term contracts, they are looking to tank after next season when LeBron is gone, and they certainly have no interest in Kevin Love. The deal I proposed meets both demands. Win this year, blow it up next year.

Marc isn't going to get traded, and even if he was, the cavs aren't buyers.

IMO what we need to do is just blow this thing up, why take on that much salary for a guy when we aren’t in position to win or one that wouldn’t put us over the top even if we were.

24 minutes ago, TexasGrizzly said:

IMO what we need to do is just blow this thing up, why take on that much salary for a guy when we aren’t in position to win or one that wouldn’t put us over the top even if we were.

Without Gasol and with Love recovering, we’d be nearly assured of a top 5 pick to go with a healthy Conley, Love, Nets lotto pick. We could end up with 2 of Ayton, Doncic, Young, Bagley, or Porter to go with Conley, Brooks, Seldon, Love. We have our future while contending for the playoffs

If you want Love, I'm sorry, bless your heart, you're just not very smart.

He put up huge stats for years in Minnesota, never made the playoffs or had a winning record.

He goes to a contender,  can't play D, gets buried on the bench intermittently, treated like dogsh!t by his teammates etc etc. There is probably a reason for it

He's a 29 year old max player. You're not going anywhere with Love. 

8 minutes ago, guillermo said:

stats aside. Just pure  skill wise. He'd be our best scorer and rebounder,

He's averaging the same scoring as Marc, just under 1 rebound more, 2.4 assists less, a block less.  So he's better?  Could've fooled me.

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

He's averaging the same scoring as Marc, just under 1 rebound more, 2.4 assists less, a block less.  So he's better?  Could've fooled me.

apples and oranges situation. Love is getting his stats as second/third fiddle.  We run our entire offense through Marc and we are losing- empty stats style.

If we had Love instead of Marc Love would probably average 25/12 like he did in Minny 

11 minutes ago, guillermo said:

stats aside. Just pure  skill wise. He'd be our best scorer and rebounder,

He'd fit in Memphis because Mike and Marc are willing to sacrifice stats and are more interested in team ball and winning than stats.

Love never fit in Clevalnd because Kyrie and Lebron only saw him as a distant third wheel. I don't blame him for being disgruntled, honestly. I'm not sure why it took him so long. F those dudes. Now that team is all against love because he doesn't want to be a gimp under their them anymore. lol.

Love needs to come to Memphis where he'd be appreciated, like Mario.

I'm not saying we need to trade for Love or hes better than marc overall, I, just saying he's better scorer and rebounder than anyone we have on our roster

1 minute ago, guillermo said:

I'm not saying we need to trade for Love or hes better than marc overall, I, just saying he's better scorer and rebounder than anyone we have on our roster

He's not better than Marc or Mike, but he's is a **** good scorer. 

6 minutes ago, guillermo said:

apples and oranges situation. Love is getting his stats as second/third fiddle.  We run our entire offense through Marc and we are losing- empty stats style.

If we had Love instead of Marc Love would probably average 25/12 like he did in Minny 

That cuts both ways. Love gets open 3s and easy looks because Lebron is drawing all the other teams attention. Teams would be swarming him here.