Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

4 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

That's the way I remember it too.  And that Barone Sr (the buffoon) was in Heisley's ear, and convinced him to take Thabeet.

In fact, I remember Thabeet didn't even work out for us (had some lame excuse).  Looking back, he knew he would be exposed in a workout with any prospects with a pulse.

That isn't what I heard. I heard Barone Sr. simply said IF you draft Thabeet you have to play him at least 20 minutes a night. He was insistent that Thabeet would only survive if he got minutes. Heisley heard what he wanted to hear from that and decided to draft him despite the objections from nearly his entire scouting staff and GM. 

There are a lot of things I can blame Wallace for but not Heisley's insistence to draft Thabeet. However, a strong GM would have stood up to Heisley and said "No. If you draft Thabeet you are firing me." This is another example of Wallace doing everything he could to "keep" his job instead of everything he could do to "do" his job. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

That isn't what I heard. I heard Barone Sr. simply said IF you draft Thabeet you have to play him at least 20 minutes a night. He was insistent that Thabeet would only survive if he got minutes. Heisley heard what he wanted to hear from that and decided to draft him despite the objections from nearly his entire scouting staff and GM. 

There are a lot of things I can blame Wallace for but not Heisley's insistence to draft Thabeet. However, a strong GM would have stood up to Heisley and said "No. If you draft Thabeet you are firing me." This is another example of Wallace doing everything he could to "keep" his job instead of everything he could do to "do" his job. 

I agree with this 100 percent. I have said the same thing many times- even if Wallace didn't make the Thabeet pick, he didn't stop it. When you are in charge of running the team, you have are judged by your actions and your lack of action.