Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

5 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

My cell phone always mix things and confuses things that I occasionally write in Spanish, Italian, English and Portuguese. I can't talk and write none of those languages correct by the way, I just try it.

Don't worry - what's past is pasta, we've passed it by.  :P

The only way to save this is if we stay right where we are right now n end up with JJJ or Bamba.  Then go hat in hand to Tyreke and say; "2 year MLE deal, player option, starting at 8.5 million (or whatever mle will be) and a lock as the starting SG". Pray that's enough to keep him.‎

Conley/Harrison/Simmons‎

Evans/Selden/McLemore‎

Parsons/Brooks/Martin‎

Jackson Jr/Green/Rabb

Gasol/Davis‎
Switch out a guy or two with our 2nd rounder and a free agent. That would be best case scenario.‎‎

13 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

My cell phone always mix things and confuses things that I occasionally write in Spanish, Italian, English and Portuguese. I can't talk and write none of those languages correct by the way, I just try it.

No worries, I'm hungry now.

I'm not mad about it. 2 second round picks were so low on the value for return that just letting him walk would be better.

This was a buyer's market and probably why Lou Williams wasn't traded.

The more I think about it, the less mad I get. 2nd round picks aren't that valuable anymore, especially if they were going to be on the back half. We have a lot of future 2nd round picks already so clearly Wallace didn't see the value in adding any more. If you look at last year's draft (http://www.nbadraft.net/2017-actual-draft) who in the second round is making any noise? Actually, Dillon Brooks is probably the best of the 2nd round

Just now, gamecocks11 said:

The more I think about it, the less mad I get. 2nd round picks aren't that valuable anymore, especially if they were going to be on the back half. We have a lot of future 2nd round picks already so clearly Wallace didn't see the value in adding any more.

I'm fine with it as long as they tank. You don't come this far to screw it up now.

My issue is with the reluctance to take back salary on young guy's who don't even make anything.

Heck, it could've been a 30 game trial for Mudiay while Conley was out and you turn around and trade him.

It's about assets. 2nd round picks are great trade fillers. They look good on paper when coupled with expiring contracts or bad players, etc.

Whatever at this point. It's done.

Sit Tyreke in the 4th quarters and bring home a high draft pick and hope you can sign him to a reasonable deal in the offseason.

If we really turned down Emmanuel Mudiay and a second round pick, then the entire front office should be publicly tarred and feathered.  I am stunned that Tyreke is still on this team.  

3 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I'm fine with it as long as they tank. You don't come this far to screw it up now.

My issue is with the reluctance to take back salary on young guy's who don't even make anything.

Heck, it could've been a 30 game trial for Mudiay while Conley was out and you turn around and trade him.

It's about assets. 2nd round picks are great trade fillers. They look good on paper when coupled with expiring contracts or bad players, etc.

Whatever at this point. It's done.

Sit Tyreke in the 4th quarters and bring home a high draft pick and hope you can sign him to a reasonable deal in the offseason.

I actually like Mudiay

Just now, grizzgolf said:

I actually like Mudiay

Agree, my point was that even if you don't want him long term, he's a good asset and he's yours to deal if so needed.

Tyreke walks.

Bird in the hand kind of deal.

12 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I feel like this was a bust and that we traded Ennis for nothing 

I think this is illogical.

If Tyreke was only valued at two 2nd rounders at best and you're upset for that trade not getting done, then you should be happy to get a single 2nd round draft pick for Ennis.

Cavs best player they received in their many deals today was Rodney Hood. Another player everyone knew we should've drafted but passed upon for Hollinger's outlook on "potential".

I'd have taken any of the deals Zache Lowe said we had on the table for Tyreke, but whatever. Just hope to God he doesn't play us out of a top 5/6 pick. That dropoff is pretty serious after Jackson Jr. IMO (maybe 7/8 with Bridges) 

42 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

If we really turned down Emmanuel Mudiay and a second round pick, then the entire front office should be publicly tarred and feathered.  I am stunned that Tyreke is still on this team.  

The rumor was that Wallace went to Philadelphia and asked for Saric. Wallace clearly has no idea what the value of stuff around the league and those two rumors make him look like an idiot.

I wonder if the change of heart to trade Reke had anything to do with Marc saying they should keep him(even though he's been taking slick shots at him in his typical passive way all year).

We all Marc has the organization by the balls.

I don't get this. Did Wallace believe that he and Ainge had a deal?  Ainge was a real jerk as a player; maybe he pulled a bait and switch at the last minute?

I mean how do you pass up the Mudiay deal, unless you think you have a better one in your pocket?

¿?¿?????¿??¿?¿¿??????

It's been a couple hours, have had some time to digest this.

Holy **** I am so ****** off still.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think this is illogical.

If Tyreke was only valued at two 2nd rounders at best and you're upset for that trade not getting done, then you should be happy to get a single 2nd round draft pick for Ennis.

They cheeped out on Evans. Other teams and FO did. He was worth a late first.

I just met that the guy we got in return from UNC. He just seems more raw than Rabb.