Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

I don't think the Celtics would go for it, but I'd demand our pick back. A couple of weeks ago, I thought that would be untouchable. Now.... the Cavs are more vulnerable than ever. The time is now for the Celtics to strike. Besides any other team's first round pick (except GS) will be better. Hold the line on the Celtics.

Also, hell no to Marcus Smart. He is trash. He is Tony Allen except with a bad attitude and worse defense. I do not want any more players completely incapable of shooting. He is shooting .357/.299/.736. Do you realize how bad that is? Andrew Harrison is shooting .396/.330/.778!! Harrison, who is a terrible shooter, is better in every category.

Just now, lsugrizzfan said:

I don't think the Celtics would go for it, but I'd demand our pick back. A couple of weeks ago, I thought that would be untouchable. Now.... the Cavs are more vulnerable than ever. The time is now for the Celtics to strike. Besides any other team's first round pick (except GS) will be better. Hold the line on the Celtics.

Also, hell no to Marcus Smart. He is trash. He is Tony Allen except with a bad attitude and worse defense. I do not want any more players completely incapable of shooting. He is shooting .357/.299/.736. Do you realize how bad that is? Andrew Harrison is shooting .396/.330/.778!! Harrison, who is a terrible shooter, is better in every category.

Yup.

Desperate playoff contenders in the east. Griffin trade. Injuries to Wall and Love. Cavaliers discontent.

Grizz are getting all the right breaks at exactly the right time in order to bring back value for Tyreke.

1 minute ago, WVgrizz said:

Please stay off the Marcus Smart train. He is toxic

Whatever at this point. If it means getting a first, you take him back and then figure it all out. His contract is about up anyway.

IF that's the best deal you can get.

21 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I don't think the Celtics would go for it, but I'd demand our pick back.

That's the only trade I'd consider with the Celtics. They've ripped us enough in the past, show some love now. Especially considering there will likely be other suitors.

14 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

How badly do they want to try to make a run THIS year?

That's the biggest question.

Thats the problem. They are the Celtics and are under no real pressure to get the title now.  Thats why they passed on PG13 because he may not resign. They are all about building for tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

How badly do they want to try to make a run THIS year?

That's the biggest question.

They will not try and make a run this year without Hayward. They will keep their 1st rounder and try and go for it all next season.

30 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Thats the problem. They are the Celtics and are under no real pressure to get the title now.  Thats why they passed on PG13 because he may not resign. They are all about building for tomorrow.

Right. That's easier said than done though when you're the 1 seed and the Cavs are falling apart.

Not saying they pull the trigger either, but there's a reason they are asking too.

22 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

They will not try and make a run this year without Hayward. They will keep their 1st rounder and try and go for it all next season.

You may be right, but they are asking for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

You may be right, but they are asking for a reason.

This is true and makes things intriguing.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

The Celtics will be saying this for the next 3-4 seasons until one day everyone will wake and realize they were never really close to a title.

6 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

god I'm nervous bout this trade

For real! Feels like we're on the clock at the draft or something lol.

So there IS now at least one acceptable deal on the table, the Grizz FO probably now doing the ring around to see if anyone else wants to make a counter offer.

Hope the Grizz FO dont sell out too short

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Bada bing! It was fun, Reke.

That's if they trade him. I see no reason to trade him unless you get a first round pick back, preferably unprotected. I think that is a very slim chance, although it could happen. if it doesn't, I would prefer to just let him play out the season and average 30 ppg. I get the feeling they will trade him for multiple second rounders or something.

1 minute ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

That's if they trade him. I see no reason to trade him unless you get a first round pick back, preferably unprotected. I think that is a very slim chance, although it could happen. if it doesn't, I would prefer to just let him lay out the season and average 30 ppg. I get the feeling they will trade him for multiple second rounders or something.

(sigh) some people still don't get it.

5 minutes ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

That's if they trade him. I see no reason to trade him unless you get a first round pick back, preferably unprotected. I think that is a very slim chance, although it could happen. if it doesn't, I would prefer to just let him lay out the season and average 30 ppg. I get the feeling they will trade him for multiple second rounders or something.

actually hes affecting our draft position winning games and all, that's a good reason to trade him sooner than later

Just now, Ace-is-high said:

actually hes affecting our draft position winning games and all, that's a good reason to trade him sooner than later

i don't think Tyreke is winning games by himself. There's also a coach trying to get a hc job, an All-Star C and the fact that we were on a homestand playing against some bad teams. Dallas, Atlanta and oRLANDO  are doing the ultimate tank jobs  in the race to the bottom. We are only 4 games out of dead last place. They could easily still happen even with Tyreke. He's no game changer like that.

We can't resign him unless he is willing to take the midlevel exception. We can offer him that whether he is with us or not. There is no advantage to keeping him. And if he only helps us win one more game down the stretch that is one more than we needed. Get something, literally anything, you can for him.

Have to say though Reke has been balling this year.  Wish we could have him on the team next season.  I totally get why you move off of him (though I wouldnt sell him cheap, some teams NEED that scoring punch).

6 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

We can't resign him unless he is willing to take the midlevel exception. We can offer him that whether he is with us or not. There is no advantage to keeping him. And if he only helps us win one more game down the stretch that is one more than we needed. Get something, literally anything, you can for him.

Where did I say anything about re-signing him?

Trading players just to get rid of him doesn't make any sense. He's on a 1 year $3.3 mil contract, not a $13.3 mil contract. Who cares about that little amount? We're not getting much back for him. As a matter of fact, I would rather waive him after the trade deadline than to take back salary and/or get some useless second round draft picks. Our FO can't even hit on 1st round picks. 

The only reason to trade him is a 1st round pick. Otherwise either waive him or just let him do his thang with the youngsters. Sit Marc for the rest of the reason If Tyreke had as much impact as you guys seem to think, he would have gotten a 4 year, $100 mil contract to start somewhere, not a 1 year $3.3 mil to (originally) come off of teh bench. He's a limited player with a ball dominant style that is not conducive to team play. Let him have fun with the youngsters and entertain the crowd. No reason to re-sign him either. Move ona nd get someone who fits your system better.