Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

1 minute ago, grizzinyoureye said:

Glad to have you on board......... You seem like a real intellect... After this post you are muted. I prefer to keep myself sheltered from those more intelligent then me. So I can be the smartest guy in the room. :D

Lighten up Francis......it's a joke.

This is the lowest point for Grizzlies fans! Chris Wallace, not only have you ruined our chance to get a high lottery pick, you have also given away the assets you can get in return for your lucky strike in the offseason. I give up! This team and FO is hopeless!

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

FollowFollow @wojespn

More

Several teams tell ESPN that they're already easing out of the trade market today to focus on filling needs with what is expected to be a strong post-deadline pool of free agents in the buyout market.

Only thing i can think is - is that no FIrst were on the table and we didn't want to take back a bad contract.    GM's backing out of giving up anything good explains why LAC decided just to keep Lou Will.  

But the Clippers were wise. They trade Griffin since they know they wont go nowhere with him, got some picks and good players. If we had trade Marc and resign Reke for the type of deal Lou got I would be the first to give Wallace some applauses. 

1 minute ago, grizzinyoureye said:

Glad to have you on board......... You seem like a real intellect... After this post you are muted. I prefer to keep myself sheltered from those more intelligent then me. So I can be the smartest guy in the room. :D

You're the guy all for taking the chance of playing tyreke and hoping we don't win right? Every one thinks you're an idiot 

Just now, Jetfixer said:

Lighten up Francis......it's a joke.

Do not see humor in someone killing themselves or someone telling another too. 

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what mike and reke can do together on the court but it looks like we need to buy him out let him go play for a good team, maybe well pick him up in off season

he does us no good now-  unless you want to fall in inverted standings

Man, never thought that James Ennis, Marc Gasol, Tyreke Evans, Mario Chalmers, and Brandan Wright were all on the table, however, James Ennis was the only that we traded.

We put Tyreke Evans on the block, hoping to get a first round pick in return knowing the chances of that happening is 35/65. We put Tyreke Evans on a plane to Indianapolis, only for the Grizzlies to pretty much tell them "you're done as a Grizzly, we appreciate your efforts and contributions, but you'll be traded." 

Lou Williams getting a contract extension should helps the trade value of Tyreke Evans in the quantity amount of teams. However, seeing that Williams' will now only get $8 million for the next 3 seasons, told Memphis and Wallace, "hey, we'll sign injury prone Evans for 3 years which is less than $8 million, we'll take it"

Overall, defiantly not happy with Chris Wallace. If Kolby Altman made all of these deals, surely Chris Wallace make a few. We have got to fire Wallace and Hollinger, and Pera should go ahead and sell. Pointless that our owner lives in California.

7 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

It's so hard to support this franchise with the FO and ownership we have.

Impossible. Wallace is just an embarrassment at this point and ownership is ghosting. I mean if the guy that owns the team doesn’t give a ****, why should i.

1 minute ago, GoGrizz! said:

Man, never thought that James Ennis, Marc Gasol, Tyreke Evans, Mario Chalmers, and Brandan Wright were all on the table, however, James Ennis was the only that we traded.

We put Tyreke Evans on the block, hoping to get a first round pick in return knowing the chances of that happening is 35/65. We put Tyreke Evans on a plane to Indianapolis, only for the Grizzlies to pretty much tell them "you're done as a Grizzly, we appreciate your efforts and contributions, but you'll be traded." 

Lou Williams getting a contract extension should helps the trade value of Tyreke Evans in the quantity amount of teams. However, seeing that Williams' will now only get $8 million for the next 3 seasons, told Memphis and Wallace, "hey, we'll sign injury prone Evans for 3 years which is less than $8 million, we'll take it"

Overall, defiantly not happy with Chris Wallace. If Kolby Altman made all of these deals, surely Chris Wallace make a few. We have got to fire Wallace and Hollinger, and Pera should go ahead and sell. Pointless that our owner lives in California.

Marc was never on the table, and moving him was the best move we could have done, because would be the deal that would make us loose enought games for a top pick and get us a additional one.

Would any Grizz fans be naive enough to still think a team with Mike, Reke and Marc can take us to the playoffs? Chris Wallace, we ain’t you, we ain’t stupid!

How long before the Grizz let Tyreke walk? They owe that much to him, its going to happen.

4 minutes ago, grizzinyoureye said:

Do not see humor in someone killing themselves or someone telling another too. 

This must be your first day on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Marc was never on the table, and moving him was the best move we could have done, because would be the deal that would make us loose enought games for a top pick and get us a additional one.

Every player is on the table. It's a business. When the Grizzlies actually be competive once again, Marc will be 35+ and have an expiring contract. Therefore, he'll pretty much be useless. That's why you trade him now so you can get something in return, therefore, he's not useless.    

I said it when he was bought Wallace back as the GM 3 years ago, he will set the team back 5 years.

He is the worst type of GM: Reactive, short-sighted, no negotiating skills, and scared to make big moves.

This is just insane... we sit the guy let the world know we are trading him and then balk because we don’t understand how team values their 1st. And Why does it seem like we always zero in on Boston... sigh 

7 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

This must be your first day on the internet.

This grizzinyoureyeguy is a troll. A lot of indoctrinated ignorance he has, almost as much as The Ref.

2 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

I said it when he was bought Wallace back as the GM 3 years ago, he will set the team back 5 years.

He is the worst type of GM: Reactive, short-sighted, no negotiating skills, and scared to make big moves.

I think he's a nice guy, knowledgeable about hoops, but an average GM at best.

I have been through every up and down since day 1 in Vancouver. And with all the useless decisions (the #2 Otis and Thabeet) this is up there in league of most infuriating decisions

Just now, Grizz&Grind said:

I think he's a nice guy, knowledgeable about hoops, but an average GM at best.

We need a GM that has a set of balls. Screw this nice guy crap.

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

On the bright side, we got Brice somebody and will get a low lottery draft pick and lose Tyreke at the end of the year.

What if Plan B always was to keep Reke, because he's told them he wants to play in Memphis? 

The answer might have been, "OK, but if we can get a 1st for you we have to take it." 

Unless this was an option all along, you take even a bad deal; therefore it WAS an option. 

Imagine, for example, if we got a high second or a low first from team X for a Reke Rental. 
Then (pretend this is possible) in August a trade is offered where (somehow) we give up that pick to get Reke back.
Do you take that offer? At Lou W's pay level, yes you do. 

8 minutes ago, GoGrizz! said:

Every player is on the table. It's a business. When the Grizzlies actually be competive once again, Marc will be 35+ and have an expiring contract. Therefore, he'll pretty much be useless. That's why you trade him now so you can get something in return, therefore, he's not useless.    

Marc was not...

http://hoopshype.com/team/memphis-grizzlies/