Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

1 minute ago, WVgrizz said:

Please trade Tyrke + Wright to Denver for Faried

If we get a 1st round pick in the deal we should do that, Tyreke will walk oUT here. We showed no committed to him, nor we should have done that, and we wont win the salary run for him next offseason.

3 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

Please trade Tyrke + Wright to Denver for Faried

If Reke tells them he's willing to stay, it comes down to this: Would you rather have him or Faried?

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

658.png

I don't know why but I immediately thought of GTF when I saw this. 

1 minute ago, The REF said:

Welcome to the Memphis Grizzlies, Big City of Dreams and Failed Hopes!

Just now, WVgrizz said:

20 mins boys!!!!

The Cavs revamped their starting lineup over lunch and the Grizz can't even manage to unload a $3M player averaging 19 ppg for any semblance of value.

Stunning.

3 minutes ago, grizzinyoureye said:

If we can keep Reke for MLE I am down. We already have too much invested to rebuild. When Parson's contract is coming off the books it will be much easier to trade him or let him play it out. MG and MC are aging and we cannot get value for either ATM. IF we are bottom 8 we keep our pick and in 2020 Boston will get it. Keep Reke, draft our top 8 prospect, MC hopefully comes back and go from there. Rebuild starts in 2020 season.  

Letting Reke play this year is the most counter productive thing we could possibly do for this tank /rebuild 

Just now, chipc3 said:

Good God please don't! He makes over $25 million in the next two seasons. He'll rob playing time from Martin, Davis and Rabb too. 

yeah it was a joke lol not going to happen. I just seen Woj tweeting about Faried. This is crazy

I mean cmon!!! We are just trying to hard to do **** that makes us look stupid :/:/:/ living in SF and all these **** warriors fans having way to much fun on my expense right now

Mudiay and Winslow are off the boards.  Stanley Johnson isn't an option either after all the DET moves.    Nobody is giving up a legit prospect or 1rst for a 3month rental in a Warriors dominated NBA. 

Personally i'd rather keep and have a leg up on resigning Tyreke than simply just getting 2nd rd picks.    Brandan Wright or CC can get us 2nd rd picks if that's all we want. 

Tyreke is an elite level talent - the odds of retaining him are better than the odds of getting a comparable player at a low first round pick.  

IF we keep him then we can have early bird rights next season in a season.  I bet his agent has seen that the money is so tight that if Reke wants to get paid sooner than later its smarter for him to stay with the Grizz.  

Reke is only 28yrs old so he has potentially 3 more years of high production at least.   Dude makes us a better team next year no doubt about that. 

I won't be butthurt if we keep him because the prospects i want are off the board anyway.  

Let's remember that as long as the trade is put in before the deadline, it's good. We won't hear about some of these trades til later today. Yeah, that's what it has to be. We just won't hear about it til later... 

3 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

The Cavs revamped their starting lineup over lunch and the Grizz can't even manage to unload a $3M player averaging 19 ppg for any semblance of value.

Stunning.

It's sad man. Just sad.

Just now, VikingWarrior said:

Alex Kennedy reporting we are still engaged in talks  with 76ers (and tried getting Saric)

Saric!?? Whats wrong with this fool?

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Mudiay and Winslow are off the boards.  Stanley Johnson isn't an option either after all the DET moves.    Nobody is giving up a legit prospect or 1rst for a 3month rental in a Warriors dominated NBA. 

Personally i'd rather keep and have a leg up on resigning Tyreke than simply just getting 2nd rd picks.    Brandan Wright or CC can get us 2nd rd picks if that's all we want. 

Tyreke is an elite level talent - the odds of retaining him are better than the odds of getting a comparable player at a low first round pick.  

IF we keep him then we can have early bird rights next season in a season.  I bet his agent has seen that the money is so tight that if Reke wants to get paid sooner than later its smarter for him to stay with the Grizz.  

Reke is only 28yrs old so he has potentially 3 more years of high production at least.   Dude makes us a better team next year no doubt about that. 

I won't be butthurt if we keep him because the prospects i want are off the board anyway.  

If we keep him we're going to win ourselves out of the top 5 in the draft. That's the real reason to trade Tyreke.  I would be fine with waiving him. He's the difference between Bagley and Knox.

Just now, VikingWarrior said:

Alex Kennedy reporting we are still engaged in talks  with 76ers (and tried getting Saric)

What salaries could we match for Jay Bay, saric, and a first? Think they would be interested in jamychal? 

No wonder nobody is trading with us. We're not good trade partners. Just saw on Twitter that the Grizzlies asked Philadelphia for Dario Saric for Tyreke Evans. That's a hell no. Wallace is a complete idiot.

Just now, Thomas said:

If we keep him we're going to win ourselves out of the top 5 in the draft. That's the real reason to trade Tyreke.  I would be fine with waiving him. He's the difference between Bagley and Knox.

Just because he plays does not mean we will win. In fact you can just monitor his minutes. I am sure the team understands where we want to go this year. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So do you play Reke knowing he could create wins and cost you ping pong balls or do we sit him for the rest of the season and then try to resign him this summer hoping he wants to stay? 

Seriously I believe people will believe anything around here. Reality is if the Grizzlies keep Evans they will win more games, lose ping pong balls, drop out of the elite players in the draft and if that happens why would Evans want to stay in Memphis??? 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He kills the chance of getting a top 5 pick. That player will without a doubt be better. Maybe the best player in franchise history.

If one team offers more than MLE he is goneand your pick is worst. Just a bad move.

If a deal isn't done for Tyreke then Chris Wallace is the Donald Trump of making deals.