Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

Wall is out for 6 weeks in Washington. I'd call them up and offer Reke + Ennis + 2nd for Oubre Jr. + Meeks.

Gives Washington a PG they can use till Wall gets back for the playoffs then they have the wing trio of Wall, Beal, Evans.

Then Grizzlies get a solid SF to start next season and a bench shooter in Meeks.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybx45u32

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The Reke return is gone dissappoint some folks.

Reke has to leave before he walks for nothing this summer. The season is over. Time to salvage what the team can. 

Any big moves in the east help increase Tyreke's trade value.

Pistons got "better" by definition, if not in reality.

Wall also out 2 months with procedure.

Raptors, Wizards, Celtics, maybe even the Cavs...bet Tyreke looks better today than he did yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Dwash said:

We will see.

I think in just 24 hours, his need to teams in the east just increased.

It's a head scratcher for the Pistons in the Griffin trade. Griffin is not healthy at all times (more healthy than Parsons (duh) & Conley though). However, his salary will increase over the next 4 years. Yes, Detroit Basketball got a star that has potential of a superstar, which he can be at times. However, shut out to LA for getting a 1st round pick and Tobias Harris out of this. Don't expect the 2nd rounder, and Avery Bradley to be the real focus point. Boban Marjanovic will more than likely replace DeAndre Jordon. Clips are the winner of that trade.

21 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Lou Williams shoe has to drop first.  But yes the lack of Bird Rights kills his value.  

24 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Lou Williams shoe has to drop first.  But yes the lack of Bird Rights kills his value.  

Big time.

19 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Unless they win an NBA title in the next 10-15 years, its a pretty lopsided trade in Detroit's favor.

They give up an All-Star/All NBA level player for a player probably they draft in the 10-20 range and a 2nd rounder.

However, if they win an NBA title within the next decade or so, then they will have shown everybody.

You realize he hasn't been an All Star or All NBA player in three years, right? And he just signed a monster deal. The Clippers were already regretting it. Now they found a way out of it.

17 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

If the grizzlies made that deal for marc, you guys would have been crapping all over that deal.

Yeah but think of how happy we would be if we got that for Chandler Parsons, our perpetually injured max contract guy.

22 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

We will see.

I think in just 24 hours, his need to teams in the east just increased.

I agree, but it can only bring rookie contracts or draft picks....but we need to get something nice.

9 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

With Love out 6-8 weeks do you think Cavs are more likely to be aggressive buyers?

they should be if they have any designs on saving this season and making a title run.  They should target Marc.  Of course we'd want that Brooklyn pick in return.  stranger things have happened.

11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Find a way to get this done man.

Maybe this will grab the Celtics or any other teams  attention. Let the bidding war begin! 

20 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Find a way to get this done man.

I'd be happy with the Sixers first round pick. Boston's first round pick does little for me. It would be so late that I'd prefer a player on a rookie deal who has shown some promise, such as Richaun Holmes from the Sixers. 

This thread should be stickied to the top, so that we can cross-reference the people who thought the clippers made a bad deal and ignore their other thoughts. Blake is on a terrible contract and is always injured. It’s only going to get worse. His athleticism is declining. His contract is an albatross and will be a franchise killer soon. Getting anything back is amazing. Especially a pick and decent player like Bradley and Harris. 

Keep holding out with Evans. Teams are starting to circle. Except for Lou Williams Tyreke is the best perimeter scorer available at the trade deadline and can immediately anchor bench scoring.

I'm not sold I would do it, but I'd listen to Kevin Love for Marc Gasol. Contracts are the same. Love is 4 years younger and the superior scorer and rebounder. I think Love is a better overall player. Gasol, suprisingly, is the more durable player. Gasol is also the better defender by far. Trade would help Cleveland now. It may help us long term in that Love is younger and better. It could be another injury riddled contract for us. It would also help us be worse this season, get a better pick, without sacrificing the future. (Made this up- no rumors about it)

20 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I'm not sold I would do it, but I'd listen to Kevin Love for Marc Gasol. Contracts are the same. Love is 4 years younger and the superior scorer and rebounder. I think Love is a better overall player. Gasol, suprisingly, is the more durable player. Gasol is also the better defender by far. Trade would help Cleveland now. It may help us long term in that Love is younger and better. It could be another injury riddled contract for us. It would also help us be worse this season, get a better pick, without sacrificing the future. (Made this up- no rumors about it)

This has always been a favored idea of mine. Love is also easier to move going forward should you choose to do that.  He has his ring and would likely be more open to going to a rebuilding team and pumping his stats back up. Gasol is tough to move for youth because he is older and only good teams can apply.

Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons

PS: Tyreke is averaging almost 20 ppg in 31 mpg with 46/39/80% splits. He’s a game changer for the Celtics bench. They aren’t getting him unless it’s Smart/1st or Rozier/1st in my opinion.

How would ya'll feel about either one of those deals?   I think Marcus Smart is the type of player that Grizz fans would grow to love due to his tenacious defense and competitiveness.    But he is a godawful shooter and knucklehead.   However, he does have a "name" due to his top pick status and playing for the C's, we all know how folks around here love that.   Another bonus is that he has the size to play alongside Conley.  

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons

PS: Tyreke is averaging almost 20 ppg in 31 mpg with 46/39/80% splits. He’s a game changer for the Celtics bench. They aren’t getting him unless it’s Smart/1st or Rozier/1st in my opinion.

How would ya'll feel about either one of those deals?   I think Marcus Smart is the type of player that Grizz fans would grow to love due to his tenacious defense and competitiveness.    But he is a godawful shooter and knucklehead.   However, he does have a "name" due to his top pick status and playing for the C's, we all know how folks around here love that.   Another bonus is that he has the size to play alongside Conley.  

The first rounder alone is worth the deal, easily.

To get a "proven" NBA player on top would be nuts.

Either deal in a heartbeat.

Not interested in any trade with the Celtics or Sixers that doesn't involve getting our pick back or getting Luwawu respectively.

I just looked up the Celtics picks, next year they could end up with FIVE 1st rounders, depending on how teams play.