The Stro Show

Memphis signs Myke Henry from G-League

He's a 6'6" guard. Played for OKC Blue. We are signing him to a 2-way. I thought we could only have two 2-way players? Maybe they are gonna waive Vince Hunter. 

4 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Yeah they waived hunter. This guy is a bench player in the G League, only 1 start. 

Sounds like another  CW move.

5 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Yeah they waived hunter. This guy is a bench player in the G League, only 1 start. 

Why waive Hunter?

He was one of their leading minutes guys and rebounds. Maybe type of contact is changing for him.

What does this guy bring us? I heard he's good at D and is shooting 53% I think in the G League this season? Any truth to that?

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Why waive Hunter?

He was one of their leading minutes guys and rebounds. Maybe type of contact is changing for him.

Hunter is not a NBA level player.

12 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Why waive Hunter?

The only way the Hustle could get Myke was to offer a better contract than his current G League contract. The team could only offer two 2 way contracts. For the team to sign Myke they needed to get rid of one of their two already under contract.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:11 AM, chipc3 said:

The only way the Hustle could get Myke was to offer a better contract than his current G League contract. The team could only offer two 2 way contracts. For the team to sign Myke they needed to get rid of one of their two already under contract.

I wondered if it was a contract related issue.

So does that mean that if the want to retain Hunter, they wait for him to clear some type of G-League waivers, is a free agent, and they could re-sign him, if desired?

4 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I find the timing interesting - they likely could've signed Henry a month from now or two months from now or whenever.

Or after the trade deadline.

January 15th is the deadline to sign a player to a two-way contract.

21 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I wondered if it was a contract related issue.

So does that mean that if the want to retain Hunter, they wait for him to clear some type of G-League waivers, is a free agent, and they could re-sign him, if desired?

Exactly but I would be surprised after this brush off that Hunter came back to the Hustle.