Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

Washington @ Memphis 1/5/2018

That's why Tyreke is getting positive reactions from the crowd. He at least tries to make winning plays. 

This game could have been won but for a few calls our way, and some of the others knocking down a shot or two :(

4 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

inverted standings. B)

I know we need to lose ... but to have them be this close is maddening!

Just now, Memphis Maverick said:

There you go Reke. Jack em up 🤣

If only Marc had half of his scoring mentality. 

8 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Uhhh... :huh:

It's ok it's ok it's for the best. For the greater good of the team. This bad dream will all be over next year.

I hope.

Just now, GF#1 said:

Keep Conley on the shelf. 

Season is over. 

Conley should be done for the season, see what you have with Kobi, Selden, Davis and Rabb. Probably won't be much but better than trotting out the guys we know have no future.

6 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

We complain about Marc but there are just to many ##mn scrubs getting significant minutes..: perfect for tanking but infuriating 

I think its two ways you can look at this. If they had really good stars, then these role players would be ok. But since you have stars who should really be role players you probably need to be really deep like Denver to win. Have 6 or 7 guys who can get you 20+ on any given night. Our stars need more help than most stars and cant elevate the play of the "scrubs" which is what happens on most teams.

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Because he is the unquestioned MVP FOR THIS TANK

His face should be on all MATA buses.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I think its two ways you can look at this. If they had really good stars, then these role players would be ok. But since you have stars who should really be role players you probably need to be really deep like Denver to win. Have 6 or 7 guys who can get you 20+ on any given night. Our stars need more help than most stars and cant elevate the play of the "scrubs" which is what happens on most teams.

Which besides you using the term “role players” is exactly what I’ve been saying. 

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He does. And scores at about the same clip. 🤣 

He doesn't. By any stretch of the imagination. It's really not even debatable. Yeah I know you will say "look at the shot attempts per game". My response is watch the games. He scores at about the same clip? lol, nevermind that Tyreke by far shoots a better percentage from the field, a better percentage from 3, and has by far the better PER. 

Golden boy Gasol 7.4 percentage points below his career average from the field. Tyreke shooting 2nd best percentage of career. But keep pumping him up. It's really humorous. 

30 minutes ago, cdp said:

It's ok it's ok it's for the best. For the greater good of the team. This bad dream will all be over next year.

I hope.

No it won't.

You just cannot tell me that any other top player or center in the game isn't dropping 30/10 every night if their team is DEAD LAST in the West.

Can you imagine Davis, Cousins, or Jokic on a team dead last in the West?  No way they aren't going out with 30/10 at least a night.

54 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Which besides you using the term “role players” is exactly what I’ve been saying. 

Then how is he the best center in the game?

I have a sneaking suspision that Mike and Marc are both quietly on board with tanking. They're both smart guys. I don't think Mike comes back this season. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

There's no way a best player on the team, star player, or 'best center in the game' is letting their team sit dead last in the West, and if they do, they are dropping 30 pts 10 rbs a night.

i said tank about 3 weeks ago, a some people  Wanted me off the BOARD

i said tank about 3 weeks ago, a some people  Wanted me off the BOARD

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

I have a sneaking suspision that Mike and Marc are both quietly on board with tanking. They're both smart guys. I don't think Mike comes back this season. 

I've been watching bench reactions very closely since we started to lose and the difference is astounding.  When we were on our win streak the bench looked like it was on pins and needles late in the game.  Now during a close game it seems no one cares what the outcome is, if we lose.  That alone shows a mentality that they're more okay with losing now than before.

6 hours ago, Memfizz said:

There's no way a best player on the team, star player, or 'best center in the game' is letting their team sit dead last in the West, and if they do, they are dropping 30 pts 10 rbs a night.

Yep look at Cousins on the Kings, Davis on the Pelicans before the trade.

The Grizz aren't getting a fair shake from the refs. This is what I hate about pro BB, the refs can call anything they want anyway they want. I think they shoud use camera to officiate the games now.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

He isn’t anymore. Things change pretty quickly. But just because he isn’t the best center in the league does not mean that he is JUST a role player.